Set Free

Unchanging
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback

 

They were both really drunk that night. Hyesung knew that this will be the last time he and Eric would get drunk together.

 

He clung to the man. Held his hand. Laughed at his jokes. Tried to act normal, when at the back of his mind, he dreaded the end of tonight’s meeting.

 

Like habit, they ended up in Hyesung’s apartment. Although Eric lived nearby, they both chose to spend time at Hyesung’s place. The slim man acted like a prince during a hangover, grumpy and demanding. So it was better if after a heavy night of drinking and whatever else, Hyesung slept in the comfort of his own home.

 

Eric stood facing Hyesung. The younger man was sitting on the kitchen counter top. His arms circled around Eric’s neck. He had been babbling about this and that for sometime. Eric only half listened to the words he was saying. He tried to remember the voice. He tried to memorize the feeling of Hyesung’s breath on his skin. He tried to imprint every line, every feature and every quirk of the man’s face.

 

“I’ll always remember your lips and your wonderful smile”, he thought.

 

“Eric-ah, whe… when you go there, be well…” Hyesung opened the topic they both wanted to avoid.

 

“Hmmm”, was all he could reply. Eric leaned his forehead to Hyesung’s. He suddenly felt very tired.

 

Hyesung touch the man’s lips with his. They kissed deeply and desperately. Each one trying to remember the feel of tongues sliding, lips and breaths mingling.

 

Hyesung pulled back and turned his eyes to look at Eric, they were b with tears. “I’m serious Eric-ah. Have a good life. Be good to… be good to her. Never give her a headache. Stop playing those online games you like so much and focus on her.” Hyesung tried to smile.

Eric smiled bitterly, "Okay, if that's your wish. I will be good to her."

"That's good. Th--that's what is right, Eric-ah."

“Hyesungie, stop this please,” the other man said, caressing Hyesung’s face. He wiped Hyesung’s eyes before the tears spilled completely.

 

“I can’t. I’m sorry. I’m sorry I had to be like this. This is the last time we’ll see each other.. Our last memory.. I tried to be happy today. I really did. I’m sorry Eric-ah.” Hyesung was crying uncontrollably, his arms circling Eric’s neck tightly again. His legs clung to Eric’s thighs, trying to bring the man closer to him.

 

“Eric-ah.... Just for tonight, for one last time, can you be with me? Just tonight. Then tomorrow, you can go. I will not stop you. I won’t try to send you off. I won’t search for you. I won’t…” tears engulfed the re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter