Hurts

Unchanging
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For a long time, their feelings went unspoken. They were like a couple but never a couple. They hid it well. No one ever knew. Why were they so afraid that time? Ah, because they were both men. Oh yeah, and because everyone knew that Eric was arranged to be married to some girl in the United States. Granted, at that time Eric had only met the girl once. Their fathers introduced them to each other and drew up an agreement. That was that. Eric agreed that time because he wanted to please his father. He also didn’t have a girlfriend and doubted he could find someone he likes. So it was easier to just agree. Instant wife. No problem. They agreed to get married when their parent fixed a date.

 

In the meantime, Eric made his way back to Korea for work. Then, he met Hyesung.

 

When Hyesung heard about all this from Eric, he felt utterly broken. He had no right to feel that way, he thought. They were friends. Whatever else they had been doing had no labels. He didn’t resent Eric, he was glad that the guy told him the truth. He insisted that for the time being, they just go with the flow.

Eric maintained that he did not love the girl. That it was a promise he made to his family.

“Eric Mun, we are human trash”, Hyesung found himself thinking then. Even though there was no love between the two, Hyesung still felt that he was an intruder.

 

Flashback

 

“Have you spoken to that noona?” Hyesung said suddenly while he and Eric were having dinner.

 

They never called Eric’s fiancee by her name. Hyesung found it too painful to mention her name. Eric thought that he is already hurting Hyesung by the circumstance and mentioning the name was like adding salt to the wound.

 

“Yes. She seemed well. We mostly talked about our fathers”, Eric winced a bit.

 

“You should speak to her more often Eric-ah.”

 

“I know.”

 

“That’s good. Sooner or later you have to go back”, Hyesung succeeded in smiling. He knew that in time, he had to let Eric go. It was a stupid situation that he’d gotten himself into. But he’d take moments like this than nothing at all.

 

“Hyesungie…”, Eric looked at him with those puppy-dog eyes. “I’m sorry.”

 

Hyesung caressed the man’s face gently. “Don’t be. Let’s live in the moment. When that time comes, I will let you go freely. But at this moment, let’s just go with what we feel.”

 

“Hyesung, I think I…”

 

Hyesung cut him off with a peck on his lips.  “Don’t say it Eric-ah. We both know what it is, but don’t say it. It will just make things more confusing than they already are.”

 

End of Flashback


 

Eric was waiting for him at the corner stor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter