Nine Boys pt.3

Through The Lenses [EDITING 2/22]

Although the maknae line were the last to get their individual in-door photo-shoot done, Tzuyu didn’t feel that much tired working with them compared to the hyung and beagle lines.

Taeyang was the first one to go in front of the camera among the maknaes. Even though he’s part of them, Youngkyun and Chani don’t really acknowledge it. It’s not because he doesn’t belong but it’s because he seems to be like an older brother to them. Taeyang always gives a straight-to-the-point advice whenever his brothers ask him for one. He’s playful sometimes but he never misses his point. He’s the one always busy with making himself better but never misses the chance to help his brother be better too. Since Taeyang and Youngkyun are roommates, Tzuyu was able to see his moments with Youngkyun which is…a lot.

***

“For the nth time, Kyun. Stop talking about Tzuyu already!” Taeyang turned and faces the wall instead.

“I thought we were close, Taeyang. Is this where we breakup now?” Youngkyun moves closer to Taeyang and hugs him.

“You always talk about her since you came,” Taeyang says. He, then, removes Youngkyun’s arms around him and faces him. “I’m jealous, Hwiyoung oppa!” Taeyang playfully slaps Youngkyun’s arms. “Really, really jealous!”

Youngkyun laughs. “I don’t know about me too. I also noticed it. How much I talk about her. It seems never-ending, right?”

Taeyang rolls his eyes. “Go straight to the point.”

“Maybe I should’ve told her before I left. Maybe I should’ve said I saw-“

“Then, what? Let’s say you’ve told her everything. Do you think she’ll still think you’re normal? Do you think after listening to your crazy story, she will stay?”

“But I just left without saying anything.”

Taeyang grabs Youngkyun by the shoulders. “It’s much better than not keeping your mouth shut when you’ve seen something she doesn’t even want to tell you. It’s much better than having her know you’ve invaded her privacy.” Taeyang looks at Youngkyun with so much intensity that it feels as though his look bores into Youngkyun’s soul.

***

Taeyang puts down his book and asks Youngkyun who was busy watching videos, “How do you think he was able to keep it from us?”Youngkyun may have or may have not heard him so his question was left unanswered and he continued, “I believe they were together for quite a long while before they broke it off…”

Youngkyun removes the earphones on his ears. “What were you saying?” Youngkyun says leaving his roommate’s mouth hanging open. “I was watching something and it was quite loud and only heard a buzz from the outside world and I was actually shocked to find out it was you talking. I’m sorry.”

“Was it that loud?”

“Yeah, it was that loud.”

Taeyang sighs. Youngkyun smiles apologetically at him and both guys went back to their businesses.

***

Tzuyu slowly puts down her camera and looks off into a distance.

“Is Taeyang done?” Manager Hanho asks from behind the monitor.

Tzuyu looks at Youngkyun who was sitting beside Manager Hanho. “I…,” she falters. “I don’t think so.”

Taeyang jumps and says, “Okay! Let’s do this!”

Tzuyu turns around to look at Taeyang who’s ready for a few more shots. “Huh?”

“You said we aren’t done yet. So, I’m posing for more shots. You see, I prepared a lot of poses for this photo-shoot. I heard it is so fun to work with you and kid me not, it is really fun working with you!”

“I think we’re already done, Taeyang. I’m sorry.”

“Sorry? For what?” Taeyang walks to Tzuyu and looks at her with an earnest worry.

“That you prepared a lot for this and I’m here…like this.”

Taeyang looks at Youngkyun who nodded at him and stands up from his seat to approach Tzuyu.

Taeyang walks over to Manager Hanho and whispers, “Manager Hanho, I guess we have to let Tzuyu rest now. Maybe we can continue on the photo-shoot later.”

“Tzuyu, what’s wrong?” Youngkyun bends his knees to level his eyes to hers. “Tell me.”

Tzuyu looks back at him. Her eyes are full of cautiousness as she slowly asks, “Why…”

“C’mon, Tzuyu. Don’t leave me hanging. Why, what?”

“Whoa, such a big word coming from you. Don’t leave you hanging? Weren’t you the one who left me without saying anything?” Youngkyun stands straight from the shock. Tzuyu looks up at him and takes little steps towards Youngkyun, closing their gap. She whispers, “What did you see?”

The rest of SF9 suddenly barges in the studio and all the staff was asked to leave for a moment by Manager Hanho. It was Dawon who approached Youngkyun first. “What do you think are you two doing?”

Tzuyu doesn’t seem to notice that all of the members are already inside. “What? You can’t say anything?”

Dawon stands between them, increasing their distance from each other. “Hey, I’m telling you to stop. Can’t you understand me?”

Tzuyu bows in 90 degrees and apologizes, “I’m sorry. I was just…tired.”

 

 

Everyone is resting including Tzuyu who was just sitting on a foldable chair waiting for her camera to recharge.

“Tzuyu?” A voice calls her from outside the tent.

“Come in.”

Youngkyun comes inside the tent and sees Tzuyu’s back from his view. “I’m sorry. For leaving you like that.”

“What can we do, right? It’s already been done.”

“Will you let me give you an explanation?”

Tzuyu stands up and faces him. “If it’s that important, go.”

“I left because I came to know something—something that I don’t know if it was even something I ought to know.”

“What is it?”

“You were…you were Juho's ex-girlfriend.”


Author's Note: Merry Christmas!!!!