Chewy

Through The Lenses [EDITING 2/22]

Working with SF9 doesn't actually feel like working at all. For Tzuyu, it feels like she's with an outing with her friends. SF9 really makes her feel comfortable. What about her and Youngkyun? Well... they're still the same--except Youngkyun and her aren't cheesy and whatnot. Everything seems to be platonic between them. "That's how it should be, right?" Youngkyun asks his elder brother, Dawon. It may seem like Dawon is a happy-go-lucky guy in front of all the cameras but he really is just a laid-back person.

"In work, remember that you're Hwiyoung, okay? You're not Youngkyun in front of the cameras." Dawon rolled on the other side of the bed causing Taeyang to push him off it, onto the floor. "That hurts, Taeyang!"

"You haven't washed your hair yet, bro. My bed is off limits, then," Taeyang says as he busy himself on studying Japanese.

"Okay, going back. Don't let your heart get in the way of work, Kyun." 

"But how about Juho? Doesn't it seem unfair?"

Dawon gets up from the floor and sits beside Youngkyun. "There's an unsettled issue between them. For sure, if I hadn't known, I wouldn't see through his actions and his lines. Give them enough space first and finish whatever business they have to end. And that's when you enter."

Youngbin comes in the room without knocking. "I don't want issues inside this household, okay?"

"Bin! Where's that pink unde-," Inseong looks up from his bag and sees the serious faces of the guys. "Oh, what's with those faces? I know it's absurd that I keep on looking for that underwear but it's been with me since forever and we have a shooting tomorrow. I better not mess it up."

"Hey, why are you all gathering here?" Rowoon comes in Youngkyun and Taeyang's room, carrying a box. 

"I'm asking them if they've seen my underwear."

"Ah, I washed it last night. It has to be at the clothes line now. Dry and clean." Rowoon raises the box. "I brought us chicken."

"CHICKEN!" Chani shouts from his room. "I heard chicken y'all! Don't hide it from me!"

"No one's hiding it from you, ! Why don't you come out of your room and eat with us?" Rowoon shouts back.

"I'm sleeping!"

"Get up!" 

"Laters."

"So, what are you all on about?" Rowoon sets his things on the floor and leans on the door frame.

"Nothing. It's just that...about Tzuyu," Youngkyun hesistates but goes on, "and Juho."

"Ah! That! I thought we were really tight but I never knew about him and Tzuyu." Rowoon shakes his head. 

"No one knew about it because it ended for that very reason: she doesn't want anyone to know." Juho comes in.

Everyone looks at him surprised. 

"Come on, I can talk about it. You can just ask me and I'll tell you everything. You don't have to look like a murderer just entered the room." Juho walks over to Taeyang's bed and lies down. Taeyang looks at him. "Hey, I washed my hair."

"Are you sure?" Youngbin asks.

"No one has ever tried asking so I don't know."

"What happened?" Youngkyun asks immediately.

"It was," Juho takes a deep breath and then continues, "our pre-debut days. We met at a birthday party just like how protagonists in a cliche romantic love stories starts and we were all that." Juho stops telling the story and everyone is quiet waiting for the next scene. Juho feels all the eyes on him and the pressure on his shoulders. "Youngbin, my answer is no. I don't think I can do this yet."

"Have you moved on?" Youngkyun insists.

"Youngbin," Juho called Youngbin as if asking him to stop it.

"Okay, so let's stop here," Youngbin claps his hand and shouts, "Chani! Let's eat! Call Jaeyoon too!"

One by one, the boys go out of the room until Dawon is the only one left. "And I don't think they lived a happily ever after," he says to himself.

 

 

"Okay, change wardrobe please!" Tzuyu says on the set. "Hey," she calls the attention of one stylist. "I think it's about to rain now. Can you prepare the guys faster?"

"But Ms.Tzuyu, one of our stylists is sick. We can't move as fast as before."

"It's just a little touch up, right?" Tzuyu asks and the stylist nods. "Okay, let me help you." Tzuyu fixes her camera first and assesses the makeups brought on the set. "This is easy. I put on makeup too--maybe sometimes but it's just retouch so I believe I can do this," she tells herself in her head.

When Tzuyu comes inside the tent where the boys are resting, only Juho is there working on something on his laptop. "Hi."

"Oh, Tzuyu. Why?" Juho says without taking his eyes off the laptop screen.

"The boys are getting a retouch and a stylist is absent."

"Oh, Haerin is not here?"

"Haerin?"

Juho looks at her. "Yes, she's my assigned stylist."

"Ah, yeah. She's sick from what I heard. And I know how to do makeup...well, maybe? So, yeah. I'm going to do your makeup."

Juho still looks at her with a smiling face. Tzuyu feels a little uncomfortable with Juho and his expressions. "Why? Do you feel uncomfortable?" Tzuyu looks down. Juho stands from his seat and goes out of the tent first mumbling, "Because I do."

 

 

"Okay, turn your head a little on the side," Tzuyu guides the one in front. "A little bit more, Juho!"

***

 "Juho, come on. You need to get up!" Rowoon kicks Juho on his sides. 

"I don't want to."

"What do you want? We still have early schedule!" 

"Tzuyu."

"What? Chewy? Yeah. I cooked us a meal already so get up!"

***

"Like this?" Juho turns his head and shows his sculptured jaws. "Ah, you want to see a bit of my side profile? Okay."

Tzuyu stops taking pictures and looks spaced out.

"Hey." Manager Hanho beside her, nudges her. "He's too good looking, I know. But we have a schedule, Tzuyu." Manager Hanho nudges her more.

"Yah, Chou Tzuyu! Your work!" Dawon shouts from the side, carrying a pink portable fan on his right hand.

"Ah yeah! Work!" Tzuyu resumes clicking away. For Juho, he knows something's up--maybe she remembers.