Nine Boys

Through The Lenses [EDITING 2/22]

Sure, working with SF9 is very comfortable and just feels like Tzuyu's in an outing with them but today, it tired the hell out of her. She just saw nine stories of nine boys she wasn't supposed to see and didn't wish to see at all. 

She's had the photoshoot started with Youngbin. For her, it felt like she just watched a 16-episode family drama in a span of an hour. Mostly, it was him and Chani. Youngbin takes care of everyone in the group and seeing how frustrated he was whenever he calls everyone to gather for a family meeting is...well, tiring. It frustrated Tzuyu too. She would ask for a minute-break to come back to her senses and tell herself, "It is part of HIS past. It's already in the past. There's no point on being frustrated now." She thought of telling everyone to be good to Youngbin but that'd be weird coming out-of-the-blue.

Next, Inseong posed in front of the camera. Let's say, Tzuyu isn't really that good with three-line poems since she isn't all that good with her Korean but looking into Inseong's past, heck, she could even play chain word game with them without losing. For an hour, it's like Tzuyu had sat in all of Inseong's classes and even studied after-class hours with him. One minute she's studying with Inseong and then next, she's third wheeling. Yep, third wheeling. Everyone knew Inseong and Jaeyoon are soulmates. They've mentioned it themselves. But being there when it unfolds behind the camera? Tzuyu would've mistaken them for a romantic couple. They look great together. Tzuyu actually wishes for them to be together someday.

Next up is the soulmate, Jaeyoon. From what Tzuyu had seen, Jaeyoon is a thoughtful one. He always reminds s to take care of themselves even when he sometimes fail to do it for himself. There were a lot of times Jaeyoon has sacrificed something his just to make others comfortable. There were also moments he has stayed up late at night to practice. "No wonder how he sounds like that," Tzuyu says to herself. Before meeting up with the guys, she has listened to their music. Jaeyoon's first original sound track back in 2017 is her most favorite among all of his works--the Thank You, My Love. She listens to it before sleeping and sometimes before an emotional photoshoot. Mostly, Jaeyoon's memories are filled with him and another member who happens to be dealing with something in their life. Sometimes while he's practicing, one of the members would look for him and then, calls him on the phone and they'd talk for hours before he returns to practice. This guy really is generous--be it with material things, time, or even of himself.

When they wrapped up for Jaeyoon's solo photoshoot, Dawon barges in the studio like a kid, "I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!" Which has caused Manager Hanho to walk out of the studio. 

Dawon stops and stands at the center with his arms flopped on his sides. "Why did he go out?" 

"Probably because you're too loud and it stresses him out," Tzuyu explains and fixes technicalities in her camera. 

Even before Tzuyu finishes, Dawon strikes a pose. Noticing Tzuyu hasn't captured his 'beauty', Dawon, without moving asks, "Hey, Tzuyu. I'm starting to feel numb. When will you ever take my picture?"

Tzuyu, looking up from her camera, sighs exasperately. "I'm sorry, Dawon. I guess I have to charge this first. Or let me just get another camera."

Manager Hanho emerges from the door and claps his hands, "Let's get some rest first, everyone! It's almost lunchtime already."

Seeing Manager Hanho, Dawon runs up to him and holds him into a tight hug, "I'm sorry, Manager-nim! I won't be hyperactive anymore."

"I didn't go out because you were loud, Dawon. I'm already used to your loudness but I'm not used to being hungry. So, I called for a delivery."

Dawon lets go of Manager Hanho and stormed off the studio like a whining 7-year-old. Manager Hanho laughs and approaches Tzuyu, "That's a natural occurrence even until now that they're older."

 

Everyone's just resting after the lunch feast while Tzuyu's fixing her camera. She is so immersed into it that she didn't realize Juho's been watching her not until Juho speaks up. "You're still career-oriented as ever."

Tzuyu looks up from her camera and asks, "Pardon?"

"I said, you're still career-oriented like before."

"Before?"

"Didn't you work for a birthday party as an official photographer? And we were there as guests?" Juho insists. He believes Tzuyu remembers but plays dumb. She wouldn't have asked everything to be said twice. She wasn't like that before. For Juho, it feels as though Tzuyu sends him the message to be careful with his words and not say anything about it anymore.

"Ah! When I worked for Baekhyun's anniversary party? I remember that but," Tzuyu pauses causing Juho to clench his fists a little tighter, anticipating Tzuyu's next words. "But I vaguely remember that night. Like, someone erased them?" Tzuyu laughs lightly. "Actually, it's just me ageing, I think. I kind of forget things in that era of my life. Maybe it hurt me so much my mind programmed itself not to get hurt again. Hence, the forgetting." Tzuyu shakes her head. "I think I'm oversharing now. Sorry. I just really feel comfortable with everyone right now. Maybe I've adjusted too well, too quickly. Don't mind me. And please, rest. We still have a long way to go."

Juho watches Tzuyu as she resumes with working on her camera. He looks at it and finds the same sticker he has put on it before. "She still hasn't taken them off," he thought to himself. Looking at it, it gives Juho a sliver of hope--that maybe, just maybe, Tzuyu just really plays dumb and remembers everything.