-2-

Blue Waves

“She left...” Dahyun's words kept ringing in her head.

“JEONGYEON!” Nayeon shouts as she screams to the people walking by, struggling as she pulls up the bottom of her dress while running.

Everyone looks at her as if she's crazy. Well, how often do you see a bride running down the streets, looking all haggard and messy, shouting, and desperate? She was supposed to be the most beautiful today but not. She was supposed to be the happiest today but not. She was supposed to be the center of attraction today but it kind of went south and yeah, in the current state she is now is somewhat bad.

Anyways, all she wanted was for Jeongyeon to return.

Every minute passing by kills her slowly. It feels like her heart breaking into tiny pieces and whoever does it is enjoying too much and ends up breaking the whole thing.

And she broke,

Nayeon broke into tears, not caring if people were giving her stares or sparing a glance at her. She didn't care. She just wanted to see her again.

“Nayeon unnie! Wait!” Dahyun tried to catch up with the runaway bride... Not really.

“Dahyun I-I... I can't do this. Why is she doing this?” Nayeon tried to stop her crying, she tried to stop but it hurts too much when the person who promised you his or her life, the person who promised to live everything with you, the person who promised to make you happy and all was also the one who could tore you down tremendously.

“S-She would never do this, no! Jeongyeon's not like that!”

“Shh, unnie calm down. Please.”

“I have to find her. No! Not today! Please!” Nayeon kept begging despite her knowing that nothing would change.

 

~~●●~~

 

Mina stayed in the seashore until the sun is near to sleep again. She earned a sigh as she sat down on the sand, the splashes of waves only reaching the tip of her toes. She hugs her knees, and remains silent. Burying herself with it, being one with her surroundings.

It's at this time that she feels very calm, she feels that a problem wasn't existing in the first place. It's at times like this that makes her life have a little hope on what's good is still left on this world.

She thought deeply, why isn't she happy? Why was she so afraid to love and act as if it is a disgusting thing? Why must she make things hard for herself?

Mina was caught in between, her happiness or her parents decision. Mina was always the one to go with the flow, not acting on it unless fate decides to. She also really isn't decisive, always having a second thought about her decisions. She wasn't confident, she doesn't trust herself. She was so busy being someone else to fit the society's standards that she has forgotten who she really is.

“Must've thought something really deep for you to stare off into the sea blankly like that.” Chaeyoung sat beside her, holding two cans of beer and giving her the other.

Mina replied with a smile, receiving the can Chaeyoung gave her, shaking it a little “Yeah, no, nothing really. The sea is just very calming.”

“I know. It's always been very calming. It gives you the kind of peace that makes you forget everything and just wanting to enjoy life.” Said Chaeyoung, toasting with Mina before taking a sip from her beer.

Silence engulfed them after that. Just satisfied with the momentary peace they have that no one dared to speak.

“Not a lot of people are around at this hour, don't you think? How can they miss a view this magnificent? Such a waste for those people.” Mina broke the silence before chugging the can of beer.

“Yeah right,” Chaeyoung laughed,

“But sadly,” she stood up, “I believe I must go. My sister wants me to meet up with her now, what a pain really. She said she needs me now.” She fixed herself, flicking away any sand stuck in her clothes.

“No worries. If she really needs you right now, I believe it is something important. Go on.” Mina waved her off goodbye.

Some minutes after Chaeyoung left, she decided to return too since it is getting dark already.

Or not.

“Nobody's going to worry anyways. It won't bother a bit to return late.” She gave out a groan as she stood up, fixing her sleeves and holding her slippers at one arm.

A call then came to her,

“Hello? Mo?”

“Minari! How is the second day huh? Great right? It had the best reviews and so I am very certain that you would enjoy it.” Mina could imagine Momo grinning like a kid and she felt soft all of a sudden. At least she has Momo.

“It's been really great but you don't have to check on me every single day or hour. I know you're busy too but I can handle myself so no worries.”

“It's part of my job,” Momo whispered, “You know your parents wants me to check on you every single time and I'm really glad you said that but still I would call you, alright? So your arrogant and ugly wouldn't be so lonely without me there.”

Mina scoffed, “You think too highly of yourself. And just informing you. I am perfectly fine by myself here,” she stop, running out of words to tell Momo. In addition, she can imagine that the girl thinks she won already.

'Kay, if that's what you want then.”

Obviously her tone screams Teasing. Mina thought.

“I'm ending this call, bye Mina, take care. Make sure your ugly arse isn't bored without me.”

Even before Mina could start an argument, Momo cut the line already. Mina stared in disbelief at her phone, couldn’t really believe she has a friend like that.

She walked towards the corner of an alley where she parked her car. Where she almost couldn't see it because she is such an idiot to park it on a place with no street lights but thank goodness she found it.

“I probably should rest for now. Still have a lot of time for me to enjoy this trip,” She mutters to herself as she opens the door of her convertible.

Mina started her car, heading back home with no worries, probably.

Not realizing that she really isn't alone on her car at the moment. And someone might have been using the backseat to sleep on it. And that someone, maybe, wears a wedding dress.

 


Another short one yayyyy!