-3-

Blue Waves

“Have you found Nayeon?”

Dahyun lowered her head and chewed on her lower lip, a glint of frustration and worry seen on her eyes.

“N-not yet. I don't know where she is. Where she's gone to. She just disappeared from my sight. God, she's going to kill me with worry.”

She walked back and forth, pacing around the room as they gathered in the house of the Ims.

“What the hell was Jeongyeon thinking? Backing off? that coward.” Jihyo started to speak up after staying silent for a while. She still can't grasp the situation that happened.

“They love each other dearly. What had gone wrong?”

“This is no time to talk about that. First, we have to find Nayeon.” Nayeon's mother spoke up. Her voice trembling and a little hoarse. Her face showing immense worry and she grasps on her pouch tightly.

“Right. I've texted our friends, acquaintances, and Jeongyeon unnie's relatives. They have no idea. Even they couldn't reach her.” Dahyun explained, sweats forming on the side of her face as everyone focuses on her.

“I'm deeply worried about Nayeon. Where did she go?”

 

~~●●~~

 

“HOLY !” Mina jumped off her car as she saw someone stirring at the back.

She momentarily froze, shivering at the thought of something suddenly moving behind. She wondered many things. Thinking of anything that isn't supernatural.

“Could be a cat?” She mumbled to herself, shrugging off her shoulders, trying hard to avert her attention to driving or else, she would bump. And she wouldn't want to die, yet.

She continued driving, forgotten the so called cat at the back of her car.

Until she reached the place where she's currently staying at, more like the hotel where she is staying. As she drove, music were blasting as people around danced and held cocktails, partying as some were swimming on the pool. Mina continued her drive, tired of the endless party that she got. She would join them too, if not for droop, almost sleeping eyes that she got because of the party at the beach earlier though she fell asleep on the sand and woke up finding it sunset already.

When she entered the parking lot, everything went silent and blur, and suddenly she felt at peace, though she will feel more of that when her body hits the bed.

Right after she turned off her car and was about to leave, she checked herself on her car's rear-view mirror.

It was right on time that the cat moved again, though for sure this time it wasn't a cat anymore as she can see how wide the thing was moving. Then…

She heard a grunt.

 

A grunt.

, don’t tell me…

 

She was about to take off the cloth that was placed beneath the thing but,

“Mina! What are you doing there alone? Come join us!” Few people gathered over her, and she was panicking. All she wanted was to rest with her peaceful, comfortable bed but this is what she got, she should’ve just ignored those and went straight to her room after getting off her car.

“I would want to but you see, I-“

“Come now! I can’t believe you’re ditching this party. The hotel held this; it’s something like a special event or something like that.”

“Really?” She raised a brow, another party of the day isn’t gonna hurt is it? And come on it’s just 12 am so no big deal for another loud, ear-crashing, lung-jerking party of the day despite having one earlier.

“Yup,”

“Then what are we waiting for? Let’s go.” They dragged Mina as they stumble against each other, hurrying as they run even faster and Mina, long forgotten the cat.

 

~~●●~~

 

“God, where am I?” She stared at her surroundings, curious of the cars and the deafening silence as she woke up. She wiped off the tears, her cheeks still wet from her endless crying, and groaned as her head suffers a terrible headache.

“What the? Where am I?” She asked herself, rubbing her eyes to wake her senses up. She looked down, shocked to see that she is still wearing the dress. She panicked.

Nayeon where the hell- what the heck have you been up to?

 

And her panicking got worse as she saw where she actually is. At the back of someone’s car,

 

A convertible. A ing convertible and no one noticed. She thought.

 

Nayeon tried to recall what actually happened before she got herself in this situation. All she remembered was that she was running. Then lost her way. And then tried to ask for directions however the people she asked tried to take advantage on her, and then she ran for her life and managed to hide on one of the cars she didn’t clearly see but it’s a car, and then she fell asleep after such tiring day. I mean who wouldn’t?

She was about to tear up again when she stood up,

“I must look very miserable now.” She chuckled, her chuckle mixed with bitterness, remembering why these events had to happen. Jeongyeon…

Then it sink to her why this place feels familiar, though she only saw the parking space, it’s because it’s where she and Jeongyeon supposed to spend the night after their wedding.

“We should be celebrating by now but what happened?” A tired whisper to herself. She was now tired and just wanted to rest. All she wanted was to rest.

Nayeon recalled how she still has the keycard for their supposed to be room, thinks that she might spend the night here first because she had no courage to face any of her relatives at her current state. And she also needs a change of clothes.

She looked through the back of the convertible, trying to find the key and when she found it, she grab it and then immediately went inside.

Walking towards where their room was, is kind of hard, still she tries to avoid it but she couldn’t ignore the stares she was getting from people. Definitely, it was definitely normal for people to be seeing a woman in a wedding dress and this shouldn’t be new to them, but seeing a lousy, ragged, messed up dress, with her hair everywhere? People must’ve thought it’s Halloween already.

One of the staffs almost kicked her out, if not for the key she grips tightly on her hand.

She was relieved, sighed, as she reached the elevator that no one seemed to be there and she took the chance for it. She entered more likely, the highest floor, because that’s what Jeongyeon said to her, because Jeongyeon likes the view from there. Because Jeongyeon likes it…

She was lucky because at this hour, people are probably asleep in their rooms or she just didn’t notice the party that was happening just behind the building, behind the lobby, specifically, and she wondered why there are so many people there than it is here.

She reached for the room and swiped the key. The sound beeping as the color turns green and opens for her. She entered and she suddenly felt dizzy. Finally, she was alone, Finally she could rest. But something was missing, no, actually it is someone.

Nayeon knew that Jeongyeon already threw some clothes into the closet. And when she went there her thoughts were just confirmed. Though something was different, the clothes were definitely, not hers nor Jeongyeon’s but she shrugged it off, thinking that Jeongyeon wanted new clothes.

She took a shower, proceeded to change into the ones that were there, a simple t-shirt and pajamas. She decided to sleep, as it was almost three in the morning, closing all the lights as she lied on the bed, finally feeling the comfort, the relaxing comfort it gives. Nayeon thanks how lucky it is to be when the car that she hid fortunately went to a place she has access to or else she wouldn’t know what to do, or where to go.

Finally, right after she laid on the bed, her eyes had given up and eventually, she fell asleep.

 

~~●●~~

 

“What –hic-flooooor is my room again?” Mina, an unresponsive, swaying, stumbling, drunk Mina asks herself as her palm strikes the side of her head, hoping for her to stay conscious just until she reaches her room.

“forty-three? Fowty –hic- four? What is IIIIT?” She asked again, and unfortunately, she is alone at the moment and so she tries the best way possible for her right now? She presses every floor number in the elevator. Grinning as it stops onto every floor and she clicks again until she’s not satisfied.

When of course, finally, the floor felt familiar and when she had almost given up hope and almost sprawled in the elevator, she finds her floor where she’s staying at. Her hand wanders to her body as she tries to find the card.

“Key… key, Key? Keeeeey.” And again, manages to stumble herself, not able to maintain balance in her drunken state. Though she is quite surprised that it is open and not locked but she didn’t think much about it.

All she wanted was to sleep and headed straight for the bed.

 

None of them knows how Nayeon mistakenly got Mina’s keycard, and how Nayeon also left the door unlocked.


 

I HAVEN'T UPDATED FOR A MONTH I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS, i hope you all forgive me for not updating, it's been a hellish month and i was unable to properly enjoy my weekends and my birthday and wow, september is a busy month. THOUGH ANYWAYS, here it is :) p.s. One More Time is a bop.