-1-

Blue Waves

“Today is really your day.”

“You're very lucky. You'll be stepping now on a different part of your life.”

“Good luck to you and your soon-to-be spouse!”

Warm welcomes and compliments flooded Nayeon as she stared at herself in the mirror, giving a smile to the bridesmaids who were admiring her. Well, they are supposed to admire her because today is the day where she's the most beautiful.

Being lost deep in her thoughts that she didn't realize that she was the only one left in the dressing room as the others prepare to leave and head for the church. Her mother was the only one that stayed behind, giving her a look before tearing up and heading towards Nayeon, placing a hand on her shoulder.

“You look very beautiful.” Her mother choked up on her words as she struggle to not cry in front of her daughter.

Nayeon turned to her and wiped away her tears. She then caressed her mother's cheeks, “Don't be like this mom. You're acting as if I'll be gone.” She chuckled despite her eyes starting to crystallize too.

“You are leaving. I can't believe this day has finally come,” Her mother cupped Nayeon's cheeks, “You're finally getting married.”

The two shared moments of laughter and tears before fixing theirselves. Her mother left and Nayeon, at a last glance, measured the beautiful white dress that she is wearing. Her veil, still lifted, was push back with a flower crown surrounding it; its silk was embroidered with its finely made design. Her hair is styled down with the tips of it curled.

She really cannot believe this moment has arrived already.

~~ ●● ~~

“Huh? Yes? Actually I'm on my way right now. Hmm, okay okay. Fine! I'm going to drive now I'm hangin' up.”

Mina hopped inside of her convertible, wearing her sunglasses as she did. She started the engine and felt her hair dancing along with the winds as she drove. The smell of the sea lingers on her nose with the sun high up in the sky.

“This is great.” She muttered before her phone started to ring and wore her earpiece.

“Hello?”

“Mina! Are you enjoying it there?” A female voice asked her.

“Yeah, thanks for suggesting me here. It's really beautiful.” Mina smiled as she looked around the perfect view on the seashore with the waves of the sea glistening.

“But here me out here Mo, I'm planning to stay here a bit longer, a week isn't enough to enjoy all the places here.”

“Okay right. You're the rich one here what can I do?” Mina could only stifle a laugh in her response.

“Anyways, just checking if anything's happening there. I'll get going, bye.”

“Hmm bye~”

She took off her earpiece and pressed the pedal even further, not that she's this excited on making her hair sway and feeling it as the wind touches her face, yeah, not really.

She parked her car, after sometime of driving, stopping by a nearby shop that is just beside the sea, getting a few drinks here and there.

Some people tried to hit on her and she played along but only played along. Mina never liked getting attached to someone romantically, she really isn't a big fan of those love stories and all and so if those people thought that they could get her on to their beds already she would break their thoughts down with a sarcastic reply, making sure they get what she meant.

Mina let out a smirk as she stares at the people's backs that were just devastated from her playing.

A play girl indeed.

“Having fun?” The bartender asked her, who is really cute by the way, with her bangs and adorable smile and her mole below her lips and—

“Mina? You okay?”

“H-huh? Yes.”

Chaeyoung was satisfied with her answer, remaining mum after her question. She befriended Mina a few days ago when she saw her drinking cocktail alone and a little talk happened and then ta-dah! They knew each other, great, right.

Mina turned her chair around, admiring the view the sea gives once again.

“This is going to be fun.”

~~●●~~

She could hear the bells chiming already, she could imagine the white doves flying already, she could imagine flowers being thrown already; she could imagine her very beautiful and handsome bride-to-be standing there already.

She could.

As the bridal car gets nearer, Nayeon's heartbeat doubled, she hears her heart banging and may want to jump out of her chest. Trying to calm herself down, she grips the bouquet of flowers she has and chewed on her lower lip.

“This is it, Nayeon; you're going to get married. It's a different stage of your life.” She took a deep breath.

She closed her eyes and smiled, already imagining how her life would be after this. Yes she knew that it wasn't always rainbows and fluffballs and gumdrops and unicorns, she knew that very well, since she and her soon-to-be spouse wasn't always like that either but they managed to fix it up and here they are, making their lives as one.

She was ready to step outside, but then her dongsaeng, Dahyun, run towards her door and knocked on the windshield hastily, her expression makes Nayeon confused. Why does she looks so worried?

The moment Nayeon brings the windshield down, Dahyun couldn't even speak.

“U-Unnie...” Dahyun says; trying to prepare herself for the uncomfortable feeling she has right now.

“J... J-Je...” Dahyun bit her lower lip, not knowing how to say it to her. Nayeon is starting to get worried too because of her behavior.

“What is it?!”

“Jeongyeon unnie can't come.”

 


Wow, thanks for the support ayieeeee. I'm trying my best to come up with ideas about my two other fics which you already know but my mind seems to not give any and so here I am :) Anyways, a short chap for you guys AHEHEHE.