🎁 holiday snippet.

3.1, acrylic stains & love pains.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas Snippet, Happy Holidays guys.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the current story but it is the same characters.

PLEASE RETURN TO PREVIOUS CHAPTER FOR NEW UPDATE.

My mother is known for making the best gingerbread cookies ever. It's no doubt that she had picked up this special recipe from our aunt Soyoung all the way inΒ California. After all, it's where she had spent most of her life before reuniting with my grandfather years later in her adulthood. Till this day, their story and the story of how my parents met is rather unique in a tragic sense and every year, it gets retold over and over again because of my father.Β So this time, it isn't any different. Aside from Minkyung, no one else knows about my background and I would like to keep it that way but of course, dad can't help himself.

"Jihyun died." My dad blurted as mom nearly choked on milk and my eyes rolled to the back of my head, "at least that's what Mr. Kang and everyone else thought, even Minkyung's mom thought it too."

"WoohyunΒ dear, I don't think this is an appropiate time for that story," my mom warned yet my dad just shook his head viciously as the others around the room gawked at him. "Oh, why bother." I heard her mumble under her breath and I fought the urge to face-palm myself. I could only catch a ghost of a simper before it disappeared completely off of her face and she continued to gulp down the milk in her glass.

"And then she reappeared after fourteen years of being dead. Everyone was spooked of course, even Minkyung's mother Jinri. She was the one that discovered it!"Β I catch Minkyung's facial expression of awe and despite knowing the story herself, she seems to be just as interested in hearing it again. I look around at the others who are currently surrounding my dad's recliner as they are perched on pillows or lying against the floor on their stomachs. Everyone seems intrigued, even Eunwoo who cannot keep her eyes from forming into giant saucers. As I look down at the dessert within my grasp, I instantlyΒ feel a pair of eyes on me, watchingΒ me carefully that I can't help my cheeks from heating up. I resist the urge to look up for a few seconds longer before I give in and follow my heart.

He's openingly gaping at me, the warmth in his eyes intensifying as we lock gazes. It's as if the world around us has slowed down and although I can hear my dad's voice, it's muffled and I am unable to comprehend the words coming from him. He too, must feel the tension as I visibly catch his chest rising and falling as we continue to duke out this staring competition of ours. Minkyung hits me with the side of her knee, gaining my attention before she begins tsking and scolding me. "Stop eye-ing him," I hear her mumble under her breath but he hears her too and we both turn a shade redder than before. Leave it to my best friend to embarrass me even further.

"So was it love at first sight?" I hear Dongyoung ask and my mother nearly falls off the chair as she explodes with laughter while my dad pauses and just blinks at him, completely befuddled.Β "The reason why I ask is because I've witnessed similar situations that eventually blossom into something mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter