Open Your Eyes

Sweet Nothings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Park Jimin, you have so much explaining to do!”

Jimin flinched, because of the tone. Yoongi was angry, Jimin had seen him angry before but the anger had never been directed towards him and seeing the older like this at the moment was actually kind of scary.

Jimin bit on his bottom lip and gripped the white, hospital sheets with his small hands. He turned his head away from Yoongi, because he wasn’t sure if he would be able to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall from his eyes and yet, he found some strength in himself to open his mouth, to at least apologize for what he had done, whatever that was, because if Yoongi was this angry, then Jimin assumed that he had messed up pretty badly.

“I’m sor-”

Jimin’s speech was cut in by something, which was thrown on his bed and he eyed the sandwich like he had never seen one before in his life.

S-. I shouldn’t have thrown in that hard. Yoongi mentally noted, but what was done was done. “First eat this, I also left a bottle of water next to your bed.” Yoongi paused and smiled a little when he saw that Jimin picked up the sandwich, but it didn’t feel nice that the younger was still avoiding his eyes. “Get some sleep and when you wake up, we can talk. Okay?”

Jimin did not voice an answer, because he was afraid that this time even his voice would betray him. Why was Min Yoongi so confusing? He was yelling at him just a minute ago and now he was giving him food and was telling him to get some rest, but yeah it was something that Yoongi would do and Jimin hated the fact that he loved the attention. The older was still standing next to his bed, so Jimin slightly nodded his head in reply and only dared to look up after Yoongi had walked out of the emergency room.

Thank you, Hyung.




Yoongi was in the middle of writing a report when some random 3rd year walked into the room for a cup of coffee. He was being noisy and Yoongi was about to tell him to shut the up because seriously? But then his ears perked up when he actually paid some attention to the guy, who was talking on the phone or more precisely to the conversation he was leading.

‘Yeah, remember how I told you that there’s this show going on for the kids at the hospital? Or whatever, there’s this guy in a stupid costume… some random Japanese I think?’

And Yoongi clenched his fists at that, because was that dumb guy referring to his precious Kumamon as some random Japanese ? Oh, he was so dead-!

‘So the guy who wears the costume suddenly fainted in the middle of his show. It caused quite the common, the kids must have been startled. So they took the guy to the emergency room and…’

The stupid 3rd year, which Yoongi had seen around, refilled his cup with coffee and walked out of the shared room for interns, but the last part he heard definitely caught Yoongi’s attention.




It was plain curiosity, Yoongi had a lot of things on his head right now and he couldn’t even spare a minute to go and watch the show today (Yeah, he did not only spend some time with the mascot, but he actually attended his show almost every day), but he thought that it wouldn’t hurt to check on the guy who had fainted, although their ‘conversations’ were always one-sided, Yoongi appreciated the fact that this Kumamon guy listened to his ramble without complaining, probably something only Jimin would do.

But when Yoongi reached the emergency room, he realized that listening to someone’s troubles or complains about his co-workers or damned professors was a thing only Park Jimin would do.

And when his eyes fell on the fragile figure on the hospital bed – those chapped lips, the forehead covered in sweat, the face that was white as a sheet when it was usually full of color, it just drained all of Yoongi’s blood from his face as well, because what the actual ?

What the hell was Park Jimin, his Park Jimin doing on a hospital bed, chest barely moving up and down, looking almost like a dead man with a stupid Kumamon costume next to his bed??

Yoongi couldn’t even care about the fact that he just thought that Kumamon was stupid, his head was only occupied with thoughts about Jimin, Jimin, Jimin…

He walked over to the boy, who was currently sleeping and his heart dwelled at the sight. The ever so lively and always smiling Jimin was lying on the bed, looking more tired than Yoongi had ever seen him and he wondered… why hadn’t he noticed sooner??

He sat down on the chair next to Jimin and grabbed the clipboard that was attached to the bed.

‘The patient is high dehydrated and suffers from extreme fatigue. It is only a given, since he was wearing a rather heavy and thick costume, while the temperatures are getting higher and higher.

Lack of sleep and skipped meals only made his condition worse and as a result the boy fainted.

He will be kept in the hospital for two or three days, just so we can make sure that he gets enough food and fluids in his system.

Thankfully, his condition is not severe and a full recovery can be expected soon.’

Yoongi let out a sigh of relief when he read the report on Jimin’s condition, but it only made him feel bad once again as his eyes travelled to the younger.

Why hadn’t he said something?

Why did he walk around in that costume, in that heat?

Sure, Jimin liked kids and all but that didn’t seem like a solid reason in Yoongi’s eyes.  

And Yoongi was so damn angry at the moment, but not at Jimin. He was angry at himself, because if Jimin had kept quiet then he probably had a reason to do so, but Yoongi should’ve paid more attention to the boy.

He should have insisted more for Jimin to eat lunch with him, he should have known something was off when Jimin always appeared drowsy when he saw him, he seemed more tired than usual and Yoongi asked him a few times whether he was okay and the boy had told him that everything was fine, but he should have know that Jimin just didn’t want him to worry, he should have realized that the younger was keeping something from him, that he wasn’t sleeping and eating properly.

Just then Jimin stirred in his sleep and moved around a bit, Yoongi grabbed his hand and stared at the pale skin that had an IV attached to it, another sigh left the older’s lips.

And Yoongi stayed like that for hours, afraid that Jimin would move too much and detach the IV, which was currently the only source of fluids for the boy’s rather dehydrated body.

Yoongi only left his side when he felt the need to use the toilet and stopped by the cafeteria to buy mineral water and a sandwich for Jimin. He had a few missed calls and texts from both Namjoon and Seokjin, probably asking him where he was, but he decided to ignore them.

And Yoongi remained by Jimin’s side and left only when the boy opened his eyes.




Yoongi went back to the shared room of the interns to finish his report and he got scolded by his professor for randomly disappearing, but surprisingly Yoongi didn’t talk back and actually bowed his head  in apology and said that a friend of his had been hospitalized, so he wanted to check on him.

The professor seemed content with his reason and sincere apology, so he let it slide that once. Yoongi was glad that Seokjin and Namjoon were not in the room, because he really didn’t have the energy to explain the situation to them as well. Had he eaten anything today? He couldn’t remember, but all he could think about at the moment was Jimin.

Just thinking about the other’s pale face, made Yoongi’s insides twist uncomfortably. He was actually worried that he might lose Jimin. No, not in that way. He knew the younger’s condition was stable now and he was far from a near-death experience, but Yoongi just felt helpless like never before in his life, the fact that Jimin had been doing this to himself for wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter