The (im)perfect Plan

Sweet Nothings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the first time in months, Yoongi didn’t have to tell Namjoon to shut up, while he was writing down his report, because the younger has been sitting on the chair opposite of him for twenty minutes already, but he was just playing on his phone.

However, it was definitely weird… Namjoon only visited the common room for two reasons – to annoy Yoongi by blabbering non-stop or to wait for-
 
“Hello, you two!”

As if on cue, the door opened and Namjoon set his phone aside right away after hearing the voice of his most favorite Hyung in the world.

“Hey, Hyung.” He greeted and received a breathtaking smile in return, his legs almost turned into jelly, good thing that he was sitting on a chair.

Seokjin… of course, I’m not even surprised. Yoongi didn’t even greet the older, he was about to ignore him, he probably only came to chat with Namjoon anyway, however he lifted his eyes up when Seokjin stood right next to him.

“You should go to the children’s ward, Yoongi.” Seokjin said, not minding the fact that Yoongi did not acknowledge his presence when he walked into the room, he was used to his behavior.

“What? Why would I? You know I hate kids.” Yoongi replied in disbelief, had Seokjin eaten something wrong for breakfast or??

“Kids are cute, but then again… you hate cute stuff. Anyway, you should go. There’s something there that you will like a lot.”

“Ugh, just go away.” Yoongi practically shoved the older away and Seokjin almost spilled his coffee on his white coat, he didn’t have a spare one, so that would have been a disaster.

“Wow, rude. You’re so grumpy today.” Seokjin commented, as he distanced himself a bit from Yoongi. He leaned on the wall next to the window and took a sip of his coffee.

“He’s just depressed because the kid didn’t show up today.” Namjoon said nonchalantly, which earned him a look from Yoongi.

“What kid?” Yoongi asked, as he casted aside the report he was writing. He couldn’t do any work, while those two were in the room.

“Aaah, yes! Jiminnieee! Did you upset him with something, Yoongi?? I haven’t seen him today.”

Yoongi once again wondered if Namjoon and Seokjin were spying on him and Jimin. Seriously, why were they so interested in them anyway?? “I haven’t done anything!”

And that was actually the problem. Yoongi has been irritated for a few hours already. It all started at 10 o’clock in the morning when he sent Jimin a text, but received no reply and even though he himself sometimes couldn’t reply right away, Jimin always typed back within minutes.

Then, his mood worsened even more when his lunch break passed with no sigh of Jimin, no text, no call. He was left starving, but he didn’t care about the food at all. He was wondering where in the world Jimin was and why he hasn’t contacted him yet.

Yoongi really thought about it hard, had he done something on the previous day? He couldn’t think of anything. His shift ended late and he was tired, so Jimin couldn’t come over, but they still spoke on the phone for about half an hour before going to bed and everything seemed to be fine, so what in the world was Park Jimin doing at the moment??

“Can you both stop using such weird nicknames?? He has a name – Jiii-mii-nn!” Yoongi spelled out between gritted teeth, he was trying his best not to show how much Jimin’s absence was affecting him.

“I prefer kid, though.”

Well, if Namjoon wanted to annoy him, he was definitely doing a good job.

“God, Namjoon! Jimin is almost 22! He’s not a kid!” Yoongi almost threw a pen in Seokjin’s direction when he heard him laugh behind his back, those two were seriously impossible!

“But he does look like one, especially next to an old, erted geezer like you.” Namjoon stated, barely avoiding the pen, which Yoongi threw at him.

“What the hell?? I’m just two years older than Jimin! And why did you have to add ‘erted’??” Yoongi huffed, his annoyance now much more evident. He wasn’t sure how much longer he’ll be able to put up with Namjoon’s .

“I bet you’re into some really stuff, Hyung.” Namjoon smirked, as he wriggled his eyebrows at the older.

“I am not.” Yoongi’s patience was honestly at its limit now.

“Nurses?” Seokjin suddenly piped into the conversation and the youngest in the room showed him a thumbs-up.

“Where did that come from?” Yoongi wondered how the conversation shifted from kids, to Jimin, to kinks. Trust, Namjoon and Seokjin to make things awkward. “Just a bit, every man has a fantasy or two about nurses.” Yoongi admitted, seeing no reason to hide.

“I don’t.” Namjoon said, as he leaned back into his chair.

“Neither do I.” Seokjin added, as he set down his cup on the window sill.  

Yoongi could only roll his eyes, because of their replies. “That’s because you two are dysfunctional idiots.”

“Oh, Joonie is functioning very well. I personally checked that yesterday.”

Seokjin’s words made Yoongi turn his head and look at him with narrowed eyes. “I need to hear no more. You two should get a room.” However, after Yoongi said that, something in Seokjin’s eyes changed and they travelled to Namjoon. Yoongi once again faced the youngest of them and saw that a similar expression was gracing his features. And then it clicked, Yoongi realized what he had just said – they were already in a room, so…

“Scratch that, you two should find a closet or something. Don’t you dare to do anything here, where some people are actually trying to work.”

“Yeah, yeah. Sure, Yoongi.” Seokjin replied, staring out of the window. It was a rather sunny afternoon and he enjoyed those days much more than the rainy ones. But then, the brightly shining sun reminded him of Jimin’s smiling face (They had never even talked to each other, okay? But he sometimes spied on him and Yoongi from afar, with Namjoon by his side of course. Those two were partners in crime… in more than one way.) and he recalled their previous conversation. “Seriously though, Jiminnie would look good in a nurse outfit, maybe in a maid one too. What do you prefer, Yoongi? Yoongi??” Seokjin turned around once the door was slammed and he saw that the person he was talking to was no longer in the room.

“He escaped.” Namjoon spoke, staring at Seokjin, definitely not upset that Yoongi decided to run away.

“Oh, well… that’s a pity. But…” Seokjin began, as he slowly made his way towards Namjoon. He sat on the younger’s lap and wrapped his arms around his neck, their faces dangerously close to each other. “I happen to have some free time, so what do you say?”

“All I have to say, Hyung…” Namjoon started, one of his hands travelling to Seokjin’s waist, while the other one was firmly placed on the older’s neck, inching him closer. “… is that you definitely need to get a spare white coat soon.”



Yoongi was now angrily stomping down the hallway, he had no intention to listen to Seokjin anymore, who had totally teamed up with his boyfriend in order to torture him. Yes, Seokjin and Namjoon have been dating for six months now, Namjoon asked Seokjin out on his birthday, last year in December and they have been showing off their great relationship to Yoongi ever since. Sure, Yoongi was happy for them, they deserved each other, there was something wrong with both of them, so their weirdness made things work out just fine between them, but Yoongi was even happier that Seokjin was graduating next year, so he wouldn’t have to put up with both of the Kims at the same time.

Seriously, Yoongi was trying to become a doctor – a person who would save lives, but when he was with Namjoon and Seokjin, he had the sudden urge to take lives. And when Seokjin started speaking about Jimin and some strange- outfits that would suit him, he just bolted out of the room.

Besides, he was slightly curious about Seokjin had meant, so he made his way towards the children’s ward, which was two floors below his floor. He took to elevator and once the doors opened he could hear the faint sound of music and he walked towards the source of the noise. Yes, noise because along with the music, he could hear the loud cheering and laughter of children and he once again had second thoughts about stepping foot in the ward.

He didn’t really hate kids, but they were always so hyper and energetic. Sure, those ones who were at the hospital were a bit quieter, but still, Yoongi didn’t know how to deal with them. So he preferred staying away and yet, he kept on walking, the music and the children’s voices were becoming more and more clear.

When he arrived at the scene, he saw that many children were sitting on the floor, there were a few in a wheelchair with a cast or simply because they were not strong enough to stand on their legs at the moment and the two couches were occupied as well, all kids were smiling and most of them were clapping.

And when Yoongi’s eyes travelled to the center of the room, he knew exactly what caused such a reaction from the youngersters and why Seokjin made him come here. Yoongi’s mouth opened widely and his heart started beating faster, because…


Holy !!


Was he dreaming or…??


Was that really Kumamon in front of him???





Jimin had a hard time finding the costume, a Kumamon costume to be exact. He wanted it to look as realistic as possible and for that he knew that there was no better place than Japan to buy it. Of course, he couldn’t go to another country just to buy the costume, but luckily for him, his best friend Taehyung was currently studying in Japan and even though he found Jimin’s request a bit weird at first, it all made sense when his best friend told him that he wanted a Kumamon costume. Yeah, Jimin had shared all about Yoongi to his bestie.

As Jimin was leaving the hospital last week, he saw a poster, which said that the hospital wanted to entertain the children in some way, because some of them disliked being away from their parents a lot and threw tantrums, so the board had decided to organize a show for the kids. The only requirements were that the person, who would be in charge of the show had to be artistic and had to own a costume of his own.

Jimin was worried that he would miss the deadline, because Taehyung needed two days to find exactly what Jimin was looking for (Taehyung sent his friend a picture of every Kumamon costume he could find, but Jimin was always unsatisfied with something) and then it took three more days for the costume to arrive from Japan, so Jimin showed up at the audition on the very last day, but the costume really managed to impress the board, as well as Jimin’s cheerful character and rather good dancing skills, so he easily passed.

Jimin really liked kids and even though he was already rather busy, he could squeeze in some time in his schedule, to brighten up the atmosphere at the hospital, the children’s mood drastically changed when he arrived, wearing the costume and especially after he started making funny dance moves, which the kids tried to follow.

It was rather enjoyable for Jimin, but a big part of him did all of this for Yoongi. He was curious how the older would react if he saw his favorite mascot walking around the hospital. However, Jimin couldn’t exactly tell Yoongi that he would show up in a Kumamon costume or his reasons to do that. Sure, he could tell him it was only because of the kids, but Jimin would also have to explain why he chose exactly Kumamon, so he kept quiet until the very end.

However, the night before, while he was talking with Yoongi, he forgot to mention that wouldn’t be able to drop by for lunch, because he had to take care of his shift at the café and then prepare for the show of the kids. Jimin was also nervous, he didn’t want to mess up and disappoint the children, so his head was in the clouds and when he checked his phone at noon, he saw that he had four texts from Yoongi and two missed calls, but he panicked that he would say something he shouldn’t and he would somehow ruin the surprise, so he decided to reply after the show was done.

However, as Jimin was dancing, smiling brightly because of the children’s reactions (Even though no one could see his smiling face, because of the costume.), he realized that there was a huge miss in his plan – he was currently at the kid’s ward, which wasn’t even on Yoongi’s floor and the older usually avoided children, Jimin knew that, so technically there was no way that Yoongi would actually see his favorite Kumamon.



But he was actually wrong, because when the show ended and the children were guided towards their rooms (Not before passing by Jimin, touching Kumamon’s fluffy belly with a smile) and the staff returned to work as well, Jimin spotted Yoongi at the corner of the room and was it his imagination or was Yoongi actually walking towards him at the moment??



The music was loud, the kids were even louder, but it! Yoongi could withstand all of that for Kumamon. He didn’t really think of himself as someone who was obsessed with- (His mind travelled to his collection at home), fine maybe he was into Kumamon and once the show was over, it was like he was pulled towards the mascot with a magnet.

Yoongi was in a very bad mood, Jimin was ignoring him (maybe), but when he stood right in front of Kumamon, he couldn’t help thinking how real it looked, as if it had jumped straight out of a Japanese magazine and how much he wanted to touch-

“Um… I know it’s a strange request but can we… hug?”

Great, he had finally lost it. Yoongi felt like a complete idiot after asking that, the person in the costume was probably crept out by him. Yoongi rarely hugged his friends or family, he simply wasn’t very good when it came to showing affection or staying close to other people in general. Somehow he didn’t have that problem, whenever Jimin sat next to him or initiated a hug once in a while. Yoongi actually felt like the boy always pulled away too quickly, as if he was afraid that he was crossing a line or so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter