Day 2: Reason 2 Baking

Five Reasons Not to Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                    Day 2: Reason 2 Baking

Seunghyun rang the orphanage late in the afternoon the next Monday after school ended. I wasn’t expecting to see him, but I wasn’t surprised, either.

“Do you know this boy?” Mother Dara asked me after calling me down from my room. She tried her best to hide the shocked tone in her voice, since I never ever get any visitors.

My eyes locked with Seunghyun, as he gave me a small smile. “We go to same school.”

 “Oh.” Mother Dara smiled back at Seunghyun. “It’s nice to see you with a friend, Bommie.”

“If you don’t mind, Mother Dara,” “I’d like to take Bom out for an hour or two”? Seunghyun shot her a sweet smile.

Mother Dara nodded, patting me on the back. I groaned, rolling my eyes as she gave me a small shove towards Seunghyun. “Take her out as long as you want. Bommie barely ever leaves the orphanage, except when she goes to school.”

Seunghyun grinned. “I’II takes good care of her.”

With that, I followed Seunghyun out of the orphanage. I gave Seunghyun a look. “Where are you taking me?”

“I’m going to take you to my uncle’s bakery today.” I frowned. “What are we going to do at a bakery?”

“We’re going to learn how to make triple chocolate cookies.” Seunghyun simply said. We pulled up at a bakery that was well known in our town. I’ve been here once before my parents died. They once took me here on my birthday, and let me choose whichever cake I wanted. I ended up picking the tastiest and chocolaty cake there was. I even remember the sly grin on Seunghyun’s uncle’s face when I told him what I wanted.

“Seunghyun!” a man said with flour all over his hands. “it’s good to see you, boy.”

“it’s nice to see you too, Uncle Yang.” Seunghyun pulled me forward, introducing me. “This is Park Bom, one of my friends.”

Uncle Yang raised an eyebrow at Seunghyun suggestively. “Are you sure the two of you aren’t more than that?”

My eyes widened, as Seunghyun turned beet red beside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter