Day 1 : Reasons 1 Chaerin Lee

Five Reasons Not to Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                          Day 1 : Reasons 1 Chaerin Lee

The orphanage was always quiet and empty on Sunday mornings. Most children, which I must say are years younger than me go off with the nuns to church every Sunday morning. But I always preferred not to go, just because I’m not in the mood and lazy.

I sat at the long dinner table eating a toast with the only other girl in the orphanage that didn’t go to church. She sat across from me, eating the toast while dipping them into strawberry jams.

“When do you think a mommy and daddy are going to come adopt me”? Chaerin’s  soft voice asked, green eyes reaching up to mine with a sparkle dancing in them.

At only the age of five, Chaerin knew a lot at her age. She was extremely intelligent and knew more than the average five year old should. She knew that her mother left her on the stairs of the orphanage when she was a baby, but it never seemed to bring down her optimistic mood. She would always say that things happen for a reason.

“The right family will come and get you one day.” I assured, taking a sip of my water.

Okay, she muttered, taking her spoon and eating the strawberry jams straight out of the jar. I held back a laugh as I watched Chaerin eat the jams messily. There was red jam all over her cheeks.

The doorbell suddenly rang. I got up from my seat, as I made my way over to the front entrance and open the big doors. My eyes reached up to Seunghyun, whose cheeks were pinched red from the cold weather outside. I frown, as I bit my lower lip. “Why are you here”? I hissed, as I pulled the door out wider for him to come inside. How did you even find out where I live?

Seunghyun  stared up at the entire orphanage, noticing  that it was rather large. He didn’t know that I was an orphan, so he must’ve assumed that this was my house, that this enormous orphanage was my mansion.

“ Bommie! Who’s at the door”? Chaerin high pitched voice called from the dining room. I groaned, grabbing Seunghyun’s arm, pulling him into the dining room with me. Just when I thought Chaerin couldn’t have made a bigger mess with herself, she now had jams in her hair and all over her shirt.

“ Chae, how did this happen?” I asked her, rushing over with a napkin to dab her red stained

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter