IV.

Keeping You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hyung, do you know some hybrid orphanage that lost a bunny?” Jaehyun asked Taeyong, who's on the other side of their call. He turned the TV off and went outside. Doyoung's sleeping so soundly on his couch. He heard the rustling of papers on the call, as Taeyong spoke, “Well, I'll ask someone. I think his mother owns an orphanage.” 

“Okay, okay. Thanks hyung. May I ask who is that someone?” He hummed when he only heard the noises from Taeyong's side. Maybe the older was that busy. He looked at his phone, seeing that the call was still on-going. 

“Ten. Wait, why are you asking me? Do you have a hybrid there?” Ten? Jaehyun remembered that Doyoung once said 'Tennie'. Maybe that Ten was Doyoung's owner. Taeyong's denying that he knew about the bunny hybrid.

“Doyoung. You know him, right?” All he heard was the coughs made by Taeyong. He laughed lowly and shook his head. “Right. I'll hang up now. Ask Ten, huh?” Taeyong hummed and he ended the call. Looks like the search for Doyoung's orphanage will be easy. Jaehyun sighed and went inside. He saw Doyoung stirring on the couch. He sat beside the bunny hybrid and patted his head.

“You'll be on your orphanage again, Doyoung.” The hybrid guy opened his eyes after he heard that. He sat up and looked at Jaehyun, two arms on his chest. “You'll really give me back there?” Doyoung asked. Jaehyun nodded.

“Yes.” Those two bunny ears fell down immediately and Doyoung stood up. Pouting, he went on Jaehyun's room and snuggled himself on the sheets. He'll gonna miss this place, for sure. It felt home to him already. Like he's really meant to be here. But well, since Jaehyun's gonna gave him back, just savour the time he is here. 

He didn't know that Jaehyun followed him, as the man leaned on the door and just stared at him. Jaehyun took his cellphone out to capture a photo of this bunny hybrid looking cute while wiggling and smelling his sheets. He chuckled lowly. “You really like it here, huh?” 

Doyoung nodded. He continued on what he was doing until the bed creaked, when Jaehyun sat on his side. He looked at him, those shiny eyes were somewhat sad. Jaehyun patted his head and he giggled, despite what he's feeling. “I think, I found the 'Tennie' that you said.” Jaehyun suddenly burted out.

“Okay.” Doyoung whispered. Jaehyun ran his fingers on Doyoung's hair, comforting the sad guy. He can hear the hybrid's purr. The teeth grinding noise Doyoung always let out whenever Jaehyun's doing that to him.

“Do you want to eat? I'll cook.” Doyoung only nodded, not even muttering a single word. 

 

“Jaehyun, he said that his mother lost a hybrid bunny. It's Doyoung.” Jaehyun smiled, after hearing what Taeyong said. He crossed his arms before saying, “Good. Bring Ten to me tomorrow, please?” All he heard was a grunt from the older then the call has ended.

“Doyoung, want to go out? I'll bring you to the amusement park nearby.” Jaehyun said, excitedly. Doyoung's ears perked up, then he looked at the older happily. Maybe, maybe, Jaehyun could take away the sadness Doyoung felt for the past few days.

 

“Wow.” Doyoung has his eyes wide and jaw drop, as he saw the amusement park. He wanted to go inside but he's waiting for Jaehyun. Many hybrids, mostly cats, were there, running back and forth freely. Doyoung missed the feeling of this, because the last time he remembered he went to a place like this was Ten's eighteenth birthday. Ten's twenty-two right now. It's been years.

They walked, then Jaehyun nudged him on his side. “What would you want to do first?” Doyoung pointed at the stuffed toy from a booth. It's a game where you should hit the all the cans with only three small balls. Jaehyun scratched his nape. He's not really good at that ever since. The hybrid pulled him to where the booth was, Jaehyun gave the payment to the guy inside the booth so he can play. Doyoung only nodded to him and gave him a thumbs up.

Apparently, Jaehyun felt like he'll gonna win because of Doyoung. The hybrid's jumping all around him while shouting his name. His positive energy gave Jaehyun his own one. He started to throw the first ball and, “Ouh? It only hit the top can?” Doyoung muttered. He only smiled, well, he can't really do this. He pushed Doyoung in front of him, then placed the second ball in his hand.

“You should try.” He told him. Doyoung nodded and threw the ball, it hit the middle and left can on bottom part then along with it, the two cans above fell too. There's only one can left. The right can on the bottom part. Jaehyun patted Doyoung's back and smiled widely. The bunny hybrid seemed satisfied. “Good job.”

Doyoung him and then nudged him on his side. “Hit the last can, please?” Doyoung pouted while he gulped and nodded. He let the ball fell out of his hand with a force. He didn't want to see it so he faced his back. Doyoung let out a squeal. “YOU DID IT! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!” Jaehyun looked back, and boy, he could only curse because he really did it. He hit the last can. 

“What prize do you want, sir?” The guy on the booth asked, Doyoung excitedly pointed on the stuffed toy and smiled widely. He received the toy and happily walked towards Jaehyun. “Thank you, hyung.” It felt nice to Jaehyun when the younger said that. He nodded and pulled Doyoung with him to other booths out there. They spent their time playing on the park.

Around evening, Doyoung's stomach churned. He looked at Jaehyun, shyness blooming on his face. “Come on.” Jaehyun grabbed his hands and they looked out for some booths that sell foods. When they found one, the older guided Doyoung to sit first, then he ordered. 

“Do you eat takoyaki?” Jaehyun asked, he put down the box of what they called 'takoyaki' and sat down. He looked at Doyoung, gaping at the box cutely. “Takoyaki? I never eat one. Only those noodles with different types of sauce.” The older laughed loud, because of what Doyoung said. Surely, this bunny hybrid needed to be introduced in many kinds of foods so he can name them. 

“Why did you laugh? Did I say a joke?” Doyoung blurted out, his eyes curious and his eyebrows creased. Jaehyun choked on his takoyaki because of that. He immediately shook his head before drinking on the water bottle. 

"No, no. I'm just--- pfft.” He chuckled. Doyoung just huffed there before eating that 'ball' named takoyaki. “Hmm. Wow. Tastes good.” He muttered and ate one again. Jaehyun looked at him, amused. He thought that Doyoung wouldn't like it because of the taste. But yeah, everyone have their different taste.

Doyoung ate all of it, and he burped. Shyness came into him in an instant. "Oh my god.” Jaehyun chuckled. Doyoung just smiled sheepishly and scratched those fingers on his nape. Jaehyun can't hide the fact that this day was so happy for him. They learned to know something from each other. Lastly, he finally saw Doyoung's smile for him, again. 

Jaehyun stood up and looked at the bunny guy. “Come on? We'll go home now.” Doyoung fought the urge to shake his head because, he didn't want to go home. He wanted to stay here so he can be with Jaehyun more. He heard their conversation through phone this morning. He's really sad because Jaehyun seemed so determined to give him back at the orphanage.

He nodded anyway. In the first place, he didn't have a choice.

 

Jaehyun opened the door and let Doyoung went inside first. The younger slumped on the couch, ready to take a nap because of tiredness. Jaehyun sat beside him. “Go on the bedroom now. Don't sleep there, your will have back ache.” Doyoung nodded and complied the older, as he walked up the stairs with heavy steps.

Jaehyun followed him, after a few minutes. He saw the younger sleeping on the side of his bed. He removed his coat and laid beside Doyoung. He placed his palm on the other's soft cheek. He'll gonna miss those late nights, playing with Doyoung in his bunny form. 

“Hm.” Doyoung stirred. Jaehyun immedi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter