Eight

Dear Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thank you for subscribing, commenting, upvoting and reading!

-----

 


Ever since their last family dinner, his father's offer had been lingering in the back of his mind.

Aside from being forced into legally marrying Luhan, Sehun would never do anything else that would make him unfaithful to Jocelyn. So what was his father even thinking? Perhaps that he would be desperate enough to have with Luhan just for the sake of divorcing? Or that maybe expecting a child would miraculously cause the two to fall in love? Having a child with the brunette...Sehun shuddered; he couldn't even imagine the possibility of it happening, much less making it a reality. Undoubtedly, he could be quite the ruthless jerk, but even he had his limits. An innocent life would be at stake and that was a boundary he vowed he would never cross.

Lost in his thoughts, he was oblivious to the fact that his legs had led him to the entrance of the Italian restaurant across the street from his office.

Having endured a busy morning, Jocelyn left him a voice message. In brief, she had a surprise for him so she requested to meet up during his lunch break. The tone she used was of utter excitement and that spiked his curiosity tenfold.

Peering into the large windows, he had a clear view of Jocelyn. His eyebrows furrowed when he saw she was in the company of another man. The male had jet black hair, distinctive chiseled features and a height that almost rivaled his own. The face was unfamiliar and the apprehensive look that his girlfriend was sporting was unsettling to say the least.

With quickened steps, the black haired male causally sauntered over to Jocelyn. Completely disregarding the audience he was attracting, he grabbed his girlfriend by the nape and crushed their lips together. He felt her melting into his possessive albeit gentle kiss. "Hey babe, sorry to keep you waiting." Sehun eyed the stranger from his peripheral vision after pulling away. "Did I interrupt something?"

"N-no, I was just leaving. I'll see you later Jocelyn." The other man awkwardly bid farewell but before making his way out, he unintentionally locked gazes with Sehun.

Although the demeanor he displayed was demure, something about those piercing eyes irked Sehun, making him feel slightly uncomfortable. It seemed like there was a hidden glint of amusement in his gaze? Sehun shook his head; it was probably his imagination running wild.

"Who was that?" The black haired male asked as he took the seat across from her.

"Jealous much?" She teased. Her attempt to sound playful backfired as there was an underlying tremble in her voice as she spoke.

Unfortunately, Sehun did not miss that detail. He reached out and held her hand. "What's wrong Jo?" His expression was filled with concern.

Jocelyn sighed shakily. "N-nothing. That was Isaac, he's one of my customers. He and his fiancée are so demanding, never being able to come to an agreement. It's just frustrating."

The other nodded in understanding. He still had some unanswered questions but she obviously wanted to discontinue the topic so he didn't prod any further. "So what's this surprise you have for me?"

At the mention of this, she subconsciously nibbled on her lower lip, which gradually tugged into a small grin. She took an envelope out of her purse and slid it towards him. "See for yourself."

He pulled out a black and gray photo with two blobs. Confused, he flipped it in various directions and squinted. Eventually, his inartistic mind was able to make out the outline of a head and body. His pupils dilated as he was hit with an epiphany. It wasn't a regular picture, but a sonogram.

"Jo, y-you're? I-I'm...?" Sehun couldn't find the ability in himself to formulate a proper sentence. Nevertheless, his momentary inability to function didn't hinder him from flashing the widest smile she'd ever seen.

The black haired male's eyelids twitched at the foreign sound echoing in the distance. Though faint, the disturbance was unpleasant and preventing him from peacefully sleeping. Choosing to ignore it, he blindly reached out for his desired source of warmth only to find the space beside him cold and vacant.

His eyes immediately snapped open, his eyebrows crinkled and lips coiled into a frown. Upon realizing that Jocelyn was nowhere in sight, he was now fully alert.

Instinctively following in the direction of the noise, he was brought into the connected bathroom. Kneeling on the floor with her head hovering above the toilet bowl was a vomiting Jocelyn. "Jo, what happened?" He asked alarmingly.

Sehun hurried to her side just before she fell limp against him. "My tummy hurts so much Sehun." She sobbed, body curling up in the fetal position, weakly clutching her midriff as tears trickled down her already damp face. "It's all Luhan's fault!" She whined.

He snuggled her into his embrace, dropping a slow albeit soft smooch to the crown of her head. "Shh, everything's gonna be alright babe. I'll protect you, he won't be able to hurt you again." He consoled soothingly into her ear.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter