Thirteen

Dear Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is will be my last update before school starts. I'll try to write and update when I have time. Sorry for constantly making you guys wait, but I really do appreciate your patience and understanding!

-----

 

Leisurely sipping from a cup of tea, Damon listened attentively as Suho reported to him Sehun's progress during the time he was away on a business trip.

One missed meeting with a representative from one of the biggest companies in America automatically rendered them blacklisted. Sehun arrived late and unprepared for two of his scheduled meetings and the contract he had to be present to sign for had completely slipped his mind.

Damon's lips tightened into a thin line, evidently unimpressed by his son's lack of professionalism. "That's enough." He stopped Suho mid-sentence.

"I'm sorry Mr. Oh, I should have..."

"Has he lost his mind?! Is he trying to sabotage my business?!" The elder seethed, disregarding the apology then boring like eyes at Suho.

"He hasn't been himself lately. It's almost as if he's physically here but spiritually somewhere else." Suho explained.

Though it couldn't serve as a valid excuse, Sehun had indeed been behaving strangely. No matter what odds he had against his father, he would never allow their personal affairs to affect his work. After all, if he was to inherit the company, why would he deliberately ruin his own business?

Damon heaved an exasperated sigh and rubbed at his temples. "Give him a call, I need to speak with him."

"He actually has some urgent documents for you to sign so he should be here soon." Suho informed him, checking his phone for any new notifications.

Shortly after, the doorbell rang. Abandoning her cleaning duties, Mia rushed to let their guest in. "Young master Luhan."

The brunette slightly bowed in greeting, uncomfortable with how he was addressed. "Just Luhan is fine."

Hearing that name and voice, Damon and Suho whipped their heads toward the entrance as Geena scurried out from the kitchen.

"Oh my goodness." She gasped, not believing her eyes. After their visit to the Wu residence, she thought they'd never get the chance to see him again. At first glance, Luhan's baby bump had definitely become more apparent, and she was thrilled he appeared relatively healthy. She had her arms outstretched, but afraid that she'd frighten him, she refrained from hugging him.

Damon cleared his throat, effectively diverting everyone's attention to himself. "Luhan, come have a seat. Mia bring him a cup of tea and some snacks." He ordered their maid.

Luhan complied and took the seat across from Damon. "Thanks Uncle Damon, but I won't be long."

"How have you been Luhan? Are you taking care of yourself and the baby?" Geena didn't hesitate to bombard him with questions. "Goodness you're too thin, you need to start eating more!" She lectured, a frown forming on her face.

It seemed she had more to say and if not for the hand atop hers, she would have continued. "Geena, you're going to overwhelm him."

"Ah, sorry honey. It's just been too long since I've last seen you." She flashed him a bashful, apologetic smile.

Luhan graced her back with one of his own. "I've been doing a lot better. I still get morning sickness but it's not as bad as before. And Yixing has given me a strict diet to follow. So don't worry, we're both fine." He reassured them.

Upon hearing Luhan's words, the worry in the couple's hearts dissipated slightly. Their lips tugged upwards when he passed them his sonogram of 10 weeks. It looked nothing more than a black and white photo with a few gray blobs. But soon enough, it would grow to become their very first grandchild.

Recalling the main purpose of his visit, the brunette placed the bag he carried with him down on the coffee table. "These are for you. I wanted to apologize for Tao's behavior the other day and to thank you for bringing business to our cafe."

Despite how disrespectful and ill mannered Tao had been, Damon still utilized their catering services. They had all been taken aback by the news. The former naturally felt guilty, he wanted to tag along with Luhan, but he needed to stay behind to help prepare.

"Thank you sweetheart, but you really didn't have to. Tao isn't the one at fault, we can understand why he reacted that way." Geena assured him with a pat to his hand.

He subconsciously eased back into the sofa when he didn't see any evident signs of anger written on their faces at the mention of his best friend.

"We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter