Eleven

Dear Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting and upvoting.

------

 

Almost every day, Luhan would be the one to pick Chanyeol up from daycare. They would stop by at the park to play a while before either going home or back to the cafe.

Chanyeol had always been very fond of his baba. The brunette always welcomed him with a smile and spread his arms apart to hug him. Just like his parents, the latter was friendly and approachable. Since birth he'd been comfortable with him and relished his presence. Due to the toddler's lack of knowledge, his thoughts were unexplainable; but his feelings were strong. Simply put, he loved his baba just as much as he did his papa and daddy.

Luhan portrayed a vital role in his life. How was he supposed to react to suddenly not having the other around? He didn't understand what it meant to be married. Most importantly, he couldn't and refused to comprehend why that entailed Luhan had to move out; away from home, away from him.

Though Luhan promised to visit often, he rarely did. "He's been busy baby. Baba will visit us when he can." His papa had assured him.

Chanyeol was ecstatic when his baba had finally come home. Except he soon came to the conclusion that the brunette was different from the one in his memory. The latter wouldn't play with him, hardly ever spoke to him and never held him anymore. This Luhan was a total stranger, and that scared him.

"Baba." He sobbed as he made grabby hand motions towards the other.

"I hate you." The brunette scoffed venomously. He his heel and Chanyeol could only watch helplessly as he disappeared into the distance.

"No...ba-baba!"

"Chanyeol, wake up baby."

As if on command, his glossy eyes fluttered open to a groggy baritone yet strangely soothing voice. "D-daddy?" He croaked.

"I'm here, buddy. What's wrong?" He combed his hand through the toddler's messy locks.

Everything that had happened seemed all too real. He didn't know how to begin explaining to the blonde. He was being swamped with all the emotions coursing through his body. He felt overwhelmed, his tears were falling subconsciously, and all he managed to do was cry. "B-baba...Ye-Yeollie..." He sniffled and hiccupped simultaneously.

"It's okay Yeollie, it was just a nightmare." Kris coaxed as he cuddled Chanyeol in his arms, rocking him to and fro.

Minutes passed, the creases on his forehead deepened when the toddler's wailing was unrelenting. "Come on baby, let's go sleep with papa."

Tao had already made space on the bed for their arrival. "What happened?" He whispered to Kris as he rubbed Chanyeol's back in an attempt to pacify him. The little boy felt much safer in the company of his parents, thus his cries decreased to soft whimpers.

"Seems like he had a nightmare about Luhan." The blonde settled Chanyeol between Tao and himself; not unraveling the arm he had secured around the toddler.

Though they couldn't exactly pinpoint what was going on through Luhan's mind, it was obvious something was bothering him. As adults, they understood that Luhan was going through a difficult time therefore could roughly empathize with him. But Chanyeol was still so young, it was only natural that he was clueless and confused.

Tao flipped on the bedside lamp and pulled out a scrapbook from the drawer. Hopefully, elaborating Luhan's situation would help calm Chanyeol down. "Do you want to hear a story baby?"

The latter was still too agitated to respond but glanced up at his papa, giving him his full attention.

"Do you see this baby?" The raven haired male pointed to a photo of himself cradling a newborn wearing a blue toque, bundled up in a blanket. He looked lethargic but still grinned brightly as he gazed down at the sleeping baby. "Daddy took this picture a few hours after you were born."

"Yeollie?" The toddler's eyes widened in amazement, hardly believing he was once so tiny.

"That's right buddy." Kris ruffled Chanyeol's hair as he and his husband shared a chuckle.

"But do you know where you were before you were born?"

Chanyeol shook his head. To Tao's question, he didn't have an answer. "Daddy know?" He curiously turned to look at the blonde.

Kris nodded then extended a hand to place on Tao's abdomen. "You were in here."

"Papa tummy?!" He gasped out in horror.

"You had to grow big and strong before you could leave my tummy." Tao couldn't refrain the uplifting of his lips at his son's innocence. "And that's exactly what's happening with your baba." He continued to explain. "A baby is growing in his tummy and that makes him very tired."

Kris hummed in agreement. "So don't worry Yeollie, your baba still loves you very much." He added to reassure the toddler.

"Really?" Anticipation was lingering in Chanyeol's gaze.

"Of course buddy." He affirmed with a smile. "And soon you'll have a baby brother or sister to play with, so be good for baba, okay?"

"Mhmkay daddy." He muttered as a yawn escaped past his lips.

Not long after, Chanyeol was sleeping soundly, much to his parents' relief.

They exchanged knowing looks which indicated they had to have a serious conversation with Luhan soon.

-----

It's been a week since Luhan's discharge. Yixing mentioned how important it was to keep a calm and happy mood through the duration of his pregnancy. After hearing this, Damon decided it would be beneficial for the brunette to be back at home with his friends. And Tao took the time he had dedicat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter