Seventeen

Dear Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: To my dearest readers, I'm so sorry for constantly having you guys wait for updates. A few people reached out to me and I used some of my studying time to finish editing so I could post this earlier.

My writing skills are rusty but I hope you'll enjoy nonetheless!

------

 

Around midnight, the door to the apartment slowly creaked open. Jocelyn stealthily the lights; hands clutched tightly against her chest, visibly panting as she nearly suffered from cardiac arrest seeing Sehun seated on the couch.

"Jesus Christ Sehun Oh, don't scare me like that!" She felt the palpitations underneath her hand and took subtle deep breaths in an attempt to tame the abnormally beating muscle. Usually, he'd be asleep around this time, so she was not expecting to see him.

"What's wrong? Guilty of something you shouldn't have done?" His tone of voice was as cold as ice, involuntarily sending shivers down her spine.

If Jocelyn had been accused under any other circumstances, she would without a doubt be infuriated and argue to prove her innocence. But Sehun’s piercing gaze seemed to be warning her to not test his limits. Frightened, she swallowed her pride and settled down beside him uneasily.

"A-are you okay?" She unintentionally spoke with a tremble, reaching out for his hand.

Sehun dodged her touch and slapped a stack of photos on the coffee table.

Hesitantly, Jocelyn picked them up, her eyes widened to the extent of popping as she flipped through them. The oldest photo dated back to a week ago while the newest had been taken yesterday. But no matter the date, one similarity between them all was that each photo was of Jocelyn and a certain jet-black haired male.

Her previous fear instantaneously transitioned into anger. "Y-you hired someone to spy on me?!" She spouted incredulously.

Everyone has the right to their own privacy and Sehun knew it was wrong of him to have done that. But Jocelyn's recent behavior was beyond strange and her secrecy was driving him to the brink of insanity. After finding out that she'd been seeing another man behind his back, his guilt dissipated.

Sehun scoffed challengingly. "If I didn't, how long were you planning on keeping me in the dark about your secret lover?"

Jocelyn gasped, eyes becoming misty and reflecting hurt. "H-how could you say that about me? Isaac is just one of my clients!"

She ignored his suspicions before, but she seemed to have only buried herself deeper into the hole. It was like trying to confine a wildly spreading fire, it was impossible.

"Just a client?" Sehun raised a skeptical eyebrow. "To my understanding, your job is to deal with his attire for the wedding." His calm demeanor suddenly became agitated. "Since when were you obligated to have dinner with him and come to his every beck and call?!"

It's not like that! She desperately wanted to retaliate. The photos did not depict the truth, only a twisted version of what one would assume by simply looking at it. But it would be her words against what Sehun is so adamant as being the "facts". However, as unreasonable as she may be, she knew she wasn't in the position to question his actions; especially since she wasn't entirely innocent. He made a valid point and she had absolutely nothing to rebut.

They were supposed to have trust in and share everything with each other. She despised having to hide from Sehun, but one wrong move resulted in a chain reaction. It was a mistake. Everything she'd done wasn't out of willingness. She'd been forced and she persisted only because she truly loved Sehun and saw forever in him. But she knew it wouldn't matter how regretful she is, and no matter how much she would try to explain, her attempts were futile. He just wouldn't understand. She was exhausted, but she couldn't risk him knowing.

This is the best solution. Jocelyn convinced herself.

She sighed. "Look, I don't want to talk about this right now, I'm tired." She got up off the couch and waddled to their bedroom.

Sehun had his hands clenched into tight fists, he was beyond enraged. How could Jocelyn just brush him off as if he didn't just expose her? Instead, all she did was walk off as though this wasn't an issue and she didn't feel the need to elaborate.

He ran off after her and successfully intercepted before she had the chance to shut the door. "If you have the guts to cheat on me, then why is it so hard for you to just admit it?!" He snarled through gritted teeth, cheeks tinged crimson with fury.

"If I told you I'm not, would you even believe me?" Jocelyn couldn't find the courage to stare him in the eye. She subconsciously held her breath as she awaited his response.

When she was met with silence, she shook her head in disappointment. After all the years they've endured toge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter