Seven

Dear Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thank you to everyone who subscribed and takes the time to read and comment their thoughts about the story, I really do enjoy reading them! Also, to those of you that upvoted, thanks for the love <3

------

 

It was a rare occasion for Luhan to willingly albeit hesitantly approach them asking for a favor. And since it didn't happen often, Tao knew it must be of utmost importance. But having just come back from grocery shopping after work, and now situated in Luhan's house assisting him in preparing for dinner; he was having his doubts.

Tonight, Sehun's family would be visiting and staying for dinner. Luhan had been asking Kris for culinary lessons. They both found this to be an odd request as the brunette never voluntarily cooked when they all still lived together. That's when Tao suspected there must be a reason. Luhan sheepishly revealed to them about the whole birthday ordeal. He was still in the process of learning and wasn't completely comfortable accomplishing the task himself.

Though Tao understood the significance of the situation, he didn't think the Oh's were worth all this stress or trouble; especially after their first encounter, not to mention how terribly Luhan was being treated. But since it was his best friend that took the initiative to ask, he didn't possess the control to say no.

"Ah!"

Tao conscientiously jogged down the rest of the steps with a giggling Chanyeol in his arms. "What happened?" He gasped once he saw a concerned looking Kris holding Luhan's hand under the running tap.

"N-nothing, just a minor burn." Luhan winced, nibbling on his lower lip to conceal his pain.

"Come with me." The taller male tugged on his hand the second Kris finished drying up his wounded one.

"Wait Tao, I'm almost done." The brunette tried pulling out of the younger's grasp. He signaled to the blonde for help.

The latter patted his shoulder reassuringly. "Take a break Lu, you've been at this for hours. I'll finish up."

With that being said, Luhan reluctantly allowed himself to be whisked away to the living room.

Sensing the slight tension in the atmosphere, Chanyeol glanced up at Luhan with glistening eyes and quivering lips. "Baba have oo?"

"I'm okay baby, it doesn't hurt anymore." Luhan ruffled his fluffy locks with a grin.

Shaking his head, the toddler was unconvinced. "Yeollie kiss oo better." He remembered how his papa and daddy would do the same for him whenever he hurt himself and he would immediately feel pain free. So he reached out and held the brunette's hand in his tiny ones before pampering the reddened patch of skin with little smooches. "All better?" He eyed Luhan expectantly.

Both the adults couldn't contain the upturning of their lips at Chanyeol's adorable gesture. "All better." He confirmed for the toddler's sake. "Thank you Yeollie." He planted a kiss to his chubby cheek.

"Good job baby." Tao praised his son which caused Chanyeol to beam proudly. He the television, to the channel with Chanyeol's favorite cartoon to keep him occupied while he tended to Luhan's injury.

The raven haired male rummaged through his bag for a mini first aid kit. Kris could be quite the klutz sometimes and he wanted to be prepared at all times.

Luhan silently watched, containing the urge to hiss out in agony as Tao gently spread the antibiotic cream over the posterior side of his hand before carefully wrapping gauze over it.

He knew from experience that the younger was upset with him. He was never any good at handling awkward situations but the tranquility was too overwhelming for his liking. "Tao, don't be mad." His tone of voice was cautious.

The said male was seething as he shook his head in denial. "Oh, I'm not mad. I'm flipping furious!"

Luhan flinched at the other's abrupt outburst. He dragged Tao out into the backyard.

He angrily yanked his arm out of Luhan's hold. "Who does that bastard think he is? How dare he? You're his husband, he has no right to be treating you like a servant!" Like a ticking bomb, he finally exploded. "And you, I can't believe you're tolerating all of this! Open your eyes Luhan, that selfish jerk doesn't love you! If you let this continue, it'll be you who'll end up hurt!" His chest heaved up and down, ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter