C1- High School Senior Year

UGLY DUCKLING – THE LONELY GIRL

    “Joy, why your face breaks out is getting worse” asked Soo Hye.
    “I don’t know where it gets wrong” Joy said while touching her face that feels quite hot.
    “Did you go to any specialist or dermatologist yet?”
    Joy shook her head slowly. It’s not that she refused to go there but financial factor always become a problem. She totally knew her place that she shouldn’t waste money on other things if it’s not for her education. Her family is low in money because their economy is not stable yet after moving into Korea few years ago. They are not really close for her to tell this kind of story.
      “Let’s just get ready for the next mathematic class” Joy took out her text book from her bag.
    So Hee turned back seeing Ho Seok was sleeping behind her. She thought of little prank on him.
    “Ho Seok wake up!” So Hee hit his desk repeatedly that made loud noise in the class.
    “Why? Why?” Ho Seok woke up confoundedly looking around the class. “Aish! What is wrong with you!!” he yelled to So Hee.
    “It’s time for math class” she pissed.
    “Ouh” he smiled and took out his books but then continue to sleep.
    “Just go home boy!” So Hee hit his table again.
    “Ahh” he talked drowsily.
    “Hahaha. This boy really something” Joy tried to playfully slap his face.
    As Joy's palm touched Ho Seok’s face, her hand was held by Ho Seok while looking at her seriously. The situation suddenly became serious around them in that noisy class. So Hee couldn’t blink her eyes.
    “A girl shouldn’t touch a man face recklessly you know” he stared right through Joy’s eyes.
    She became speechless. Her face felt burning.
    “Hey hey! Who is a man here” So Hee tried to loose his clasp. 
    “Hey you know I’m just playing, right?” Joy looked like she was about to cry.
    “Hahahahaha. Look at her face. This is why it’s fun playing with Joy” he laughed with Joy's palm still touching his face.
    “Let go” Joy pulled her hand away with low tone.
    “Look! Who is wanting to be touch” So Hee pulled Tina’s hand and both of them face to the front.
    “I’m just kidding. Don’t mad, okay?” he said with a cute voice while shaking Joy’s shoulder from behind.
    She finally laughed which made Ho Seok felt relieved. What kind of feeling is this? He is not sure but what matter is they are good. He just wanted to play with her.
     ‘I hope he don’t speak of my face. I feel down,ugh!’ she monologued.
    The math teacher finally went into the class. She was late for 10 minutes. The students surely appreciate those minutes. Haha!