Once Again

Perhaps You

As the sun rises, cool and breezy air engulfs Dara’s room with a sweet scent of a rose. As she sniffed through the familiar scent, she slowly opened her eyes and the first thing she sees are the four roses on her bedside table. She smiled at it and picked her phone beside the vase. 

 

Good Morning! –Dara

 

It’s bizarre that she felt comfortable and somewhat happy. Usually, when she gets up, she just wishes to sleep again because she’s not excited for the day, but today is an exception it’s as if she’s longing for a presence that she never felt in her life. 

 

Good Morning! I’ll drop by again. :)

 

Dara squinted and rubbed her eyes, making sure that she sent the message to their group conversation. But when she saw that she sent her text message to Jiyong, she gasped and hurriedly sat up the bed and stood in front the mirror. ‘WAKE UP!’ she thought and slapped her face. 

 

Okay. See you. :) -Dara 

 

She just sent a reply and messaged their group conversation. 

 

Oh what a way to start the day. Good morning! –Dara
What do you mean? Good morning! –Panda 
I just missed you, guys. Let’s hang out soon. –Dara 
The next time we see you I don’t want to hear any drama. –Rin 
Kekeke never will happen, mom. –Dara 
Wow, you’re so sure of it huh? –Rin 
Don’t scold her, mom. Let her enjoy her day. See you on Saturday! –Panda 
Okay! I’m excited. Bye, I’ll just take a shower. –Dara 
Carpe diem! –Rin 

 

Dara hurriedly went to the shower. 

 

As she’s washing her hair under the cold shower, she’s singing softly their song. She can’t get it off of her head. The song’s about a new found love – A precious young love. She’s smiling inwardly because she’s singing Jiyong’s composition. 

 

After taking a cold shower, with just a robe and towel wrapped on her hair, she immediately went to the kitchen and toasted bread and prepared a cup of hot choco. And then she went upstairs for her to change her clothes.

 

She’s still anxious on what kind of clothes she would wear. Usually, she decides based on her mood and what’s comfortable, but this time she wanted to look good even more and be matched with Jiyong’s attire so without having any hesitation, she texted Jiyong. 

 

What are you wearing? –Dara 

 

She felt comfortable with Jiyong now especially asking those kinds of questions. 

 

 

Dara widened her eyes and laughed. 

 

 

 

What is that? –Dara 
Well, are you gonna wear something like this? :D :P –Annoying G
I’m sorry, there’s just no way. Kekeke –Dara 

 

Dara scanned her wardrobe and immediately saw what to wear and counterpart Jiyong’s lame attire. 

 

After fifteen minutes, Dara took a picture of herself to show to Jiyong what she’s wearing. 
 

 

 

Woah! You’re so unfair! How come you’re just wearing a shirt?! –Annoying G
Kekeke I don’t want to look like a clown like you. –Dara 
:< Whatever you say… You still look cute tho. ;) –Annoying G
Shut up! –Dara 

 

But as soon as Dara smiled while she sent her reply, her doorbell rang. She ran towards the window and peeked through the curtains. Her face lightened up seeing that Jiyong is standing in front of her gate and looking up waving at her. She immediately wears her backpack and ran downstairs to meet with the boy she’s been looking forward to seeing. 

 

 

As she opened the door, a big smile welcomed her. She smiled back and greeted him. 

 

“Hi!” she giggled while laughing on Jiyong’s clothes. 

 

“Just because you look cute with your hair you can just laugh at me!” Jiyong said as he played on Dara’s hair. Dara slightly slapped his hand and they laughed together. 

 

 

 

 

 

“So what’s with that fur tie whatever you call it…” Jen said as she pointed on Jiyong’s clothes with a deadpan expression. 

 

“This is style.” Jiyong simply responded while sticking out his tongue. 

 

“Heh. You and Tabi have no style.” Jen said as she elbowed Tabi who is sitting beside her ‘daydreaming’. 

 

“What are you daydreaming about?” Jiyong beamed.

 

Tabi just smirked at gave Jen a playful look. Jiyong then eyed Jen then Jen turned tomato. 

 

“Woah, is there something you wanna tell us?!” Jiyong said as he leaned closer to the two. Dara just watched them while she’s writing a script for their music production. 

 

“Should I say it?” Tabi asked Jen who is now hiding her face with her handbag. 

 

“Okay, no pressure. Just say it if you’re ready.” Jiyong said and then leaned on the backrest of his chair. 

 

 

Sol stormed in the room holding music sheets. He strides happily and then sat beside Dara. 

 

“Look! I went to the studio earlier and arranged the song better. It’s a little uh draggy but, I’m sure it’ll turn out great when we shoot the music video.” Dara scanned the music sheet, but she doesn’t know how to read music so she just timidly smiled at him. 

 

“Uhmm, I’m sorry Sol but I can’t read music… But yeah, I’m sure when we shoot the MV this song will turn out great!” Dara said reassuringly and patting Sol’s back.

 

“Oh. If you want I can teach you how to read music! We can do it every after class!” Sol said enthusiastically. 

 

“Really!? You would do that?! Sure!” Dara smiled widely.

 

Jiyong on the other hand, stayed quiet as he watched the two converses. He suddenly felt a pang in his chest because he never saw Dara smiled like that with him. When Dara looked at her, he suddenly forced smiling. 

 

After their classes, Jiyong called for a meeting for their music production, they’re the only ones left in the room.  

 

“So, when we will start the shoot?” Jiyong asked.

 

Dara handed him the script she was writing earlier. 

 

“I’m done with the script, Sol is done with his music I guess we can start the shoot, by next week?” Dara said as she eyed her group mates. They all nodded but Jiyong seemed to disagree. Dara tapped his back and smiled.

 

“Is there a problem?” Dara asked. 

 

“Can we just start now?” Jen and Sol widened their eyes while Tabi just stared at him like there’s something wrong.

 

“Jiyong… we can’t.” Dara said softly.

 

“Why? As you said everything’s good? So, why can’t we just start right now?”  

 

“Jiyong, we really can’t because-“Dara was cut off in midair.

 

“Is there still something you want to add? Or will Sol arrange the song again just tell us.” Jiyong was irritated; Jen and Tabi can’t speak up because it’s their first time seeing Jiyong this irritated. 

 

“No. I’m telling you we can’t because we still-“ 

 

“Ahhh I know,” Jiyong interjected then eyed her and Sol. Dara just cocked her eyebrow. “You and Sol will go to the studio because he’s going to teach you how to read music. That’s it right? That’s why we can’t?” Jiyong heaved a heavy breath and bit his lower lip as if letting off the steam. 

 

They stayed quiet, Jen and Tabi parted their mouth in disbelief, Sol just furrowed his eyebrow and Dara, on the other hand, stared at him with a deadpan expression. Upon realizing how stupid and resentful Jiyong sounded like he turned to face Dara and tried to explain but Dara just shook her head in disbelief and walked away. Jen immediately followed her and Tabi came with her. Sol confronted Jiyong. 

 

“Bro, what’s wrong with you? She was just trying to tell us that we can’t still shoot-“

 

“Yeah, bro I know… I’m sorry…” 

 

“Let me finish! You’re not listening.” Sol raised his hand in front of Jiyong’s face. Jiyong stepped back and furrowed his eyebrows.

 

“Do you have no any clue? We can’t shoot the production because we still don’t have the equipment and whatever we need for the shoot. We were supposed to talk about the schedule, the roles… didn’t you read the storyline or the script?” Sol shook his head and then headed outside the room. Jiyong was left dumbfounded and regretful. He ran outside to look for Dara. 

 

“Yaaah! Daraaa!” Jen shouted by the hallway while catching up on Dara’s pace. Tabi ran faster then caught Dara by the wrist. 

 

“Wait,” Tabi said, Dara tried to wiggle free but Jen caught up with them and she also caught her by the wrist. Now, both Dara’s wrists are occupied with her two friends. She raised her brow and eyed them with a deadpan expression. 

 

“Hey, I’m sure Jiyong regrets what he said. Let’s not make it more complicated. Let’s go back.” Jen said as she still panting from running. 

 

“I don’t care, okay? I’m in bad mood today for a meeting so I’m going home.” Dara simply responded as she wiggled free from their tight grasp. Jen and Tabi just watched Dara as she walked away.  

 

Jiyong was running into the hallway and saw Jen and Tabi walking in his direction.

 

“Don’t even try,” Jen said in a cold tone while just passing by him. Tabi stared at him and just tapped his shoulder then followed Jen. 

 

The urge to apologize to Dara is strong so he still followed Dara. 

 

He caught up Dara by the school’s entrance, but Dara didn’t bother to turn her back. 

 

“Hey, Dara!” Jiyong shouted breathing heavily. 

 

“Hey wait!” he caught her by her shoulders, but Dara just shook him off. Jiyong is so persistent so he jumped in front of her and bowed his head in 90 degrees. Dara stopped and just stared at him lazily. 

 

“What?” Dara said annoyingly. 

 

“I’m sorry!” still bowing down. Dara just shook her head and went to the other side passing by Jiyong. He stepped aside and blocked Dara. 

 

“I’m going home! Can you stop following me?” Dara said irritatingly gaining suspicious looks from the other students. Jiyong clasped his hand like a kid and apologized. 

 

“I’m really sorry!!! I didn’t know what I was talking about! I really am sorry! I didn’t mean to say those things…” Jiyong said sincerely. Little by little Dara can hear the sincerity in Jiyong’s apology, so she slumps her shoulder and tapped his shoulder. 

 

“Fine.” She simply said. Jiyong’s eyes lightened up and clapped his hands like a seal. Dara tugged a smile on her lips then Jiyong gave her a playful look. She then cleared and divert her gaze.  Jiyong tilted his head to meet Dara’s eyes. 

 

“Are you still mad?” Jiyong asked with a little puppy-like expression in his face. 

 

“I was,” Dara said flatly.

 

“I’m sorry…” Jiyong said softly.

 

“You sounded like a little kid a while ago. And that was not funny. Our group mates were there, you called for a meeting and they patiently waited. What came into your mind why did you just say those things?” Dara crossed her arms across her chest. 

 

Jiyong scratched his head in frustration and raised both his hands in surrender, Dara cocked her eyebrows and then she was bewildered when Jiyong kneeled down. 

 

“I am sorry! I was just…JEALOUS! I LIKE YOU SANDARA PARK!” Jiyong shouted. The other students laughed at him, others eyed him in disbelief. The students are circling them, taking out their phones and recording them with it. Dara froze in her spot, she can’t move a muscle because of embarrassment she’s feeling, all eyes are on them. 

 

“Stop it, Jiyong!” Dara hissed slapping Jiyong’s shoulders. But Jiyong is still eyeing her with a serious expression. 

 

“Didn’t you hear what I just said?! SANDARA PARK, I LIKE YOU!” Jiyong shouted and the people cheered on him. Dara groaned and bent down to pull Jiyong up to stand up, but when she caught his arms, Jiyong pulled her instead and they lied on the ground. The students leaned closer to have a closer shot of them. 

 

Dara flushed on what Jiyong just did. She was now lying on top of him, their faces are now an inch closer, Jiyong smirked. She was about to stand up but Jiyong pulled her again and stole a kiss on her cheek. Dara’s eyes widened and her train of thoughts stopped for a moment. She can’t believe Jiyong will pull off this kind of scene just to make her forgive him. She was not really mad; she was just disappointed on Jiyong. 

 

The students were cheering on them and then a tall guy pushed aside the other students and took a picture of them with his professional camera and smiled on what he shot. 

 

“Nice subject.” He said and then walked away. Dara saw him while struggling to stand up. Jiyong then sat up and assisted Dara to stand up. 

 

“Show’s over, you can go now.” Jiyong said as he shooed the students who are still cheering. Dara fixed her hair and glared on Jiyong. But when he faced her, she turned tomato again and lowered her head. 

 

“Hey…” Jiyong tilted his head and tucked Dara’s ears. 

 

“Ugh!” Dara hissed then walked away. Jiyong clings on her arms, Dara stiffened that Jiyong felt. He just smirked and pinched Dara’s cheek. 

 

“You’re so shy. Why?” Jiyong nonchalantly asked. 

 

Dara eyed him in disbelief. 

 

“You told publicly that you like someone! And you created a scene! How am I going to handle the secondhand embarrassment?!” Dara explained. 

 

“That was just me expressing my feelings.” 

 

Dara tried to ignore the loud thumping of her heart since Jiyong confessed publicly, but this time she can’t control it anymore making it harder for her to look on Jiyong’s eyes. Her mind is empty because it just exploded a while ago. 

 

 

 

When they are now standing in front of Dara’s apartment, the sun is about to set. 

 

“Thanks,” Dara said sheepishly without even looking on Jiyong. So he tilted his head and met Dara’s eyes. She jumped back in surprise then Jiyong laughed at her. 

 

“Can you stop startling me?!” Dara protested. 

 

“What? I did not startle you. I was just doing the usual…” Jiyong said playfully. 

 

“C’mon… we both know that you’re taking advantage of what I feel right now!” 

 

“Hmm? What do you actually feel right now?” Jiyong leaned closer, while Dara slowly stepped back. 

 

“Jiyong! Stop this nonsense!” Dara tried to push Jiyong when she hit her back on the gate of her apartment. But Jiyong caught her hands and placed it on his chest. Dara curled up her hands. 

 

“Tell me, what do you actually feel?” Jiyong leaned closer and whispered in her ear. Shivers ran through her spine. Suddenly Dara remembered the night where Jiyong kissed her lips. She pursed her lips and then tried to remove her hands from Jiyong’s grip but he was too strong. 

 

When Jiyong is seeing how Dara is struggling so hard physically, he slowly let go of her and bit his lower lip, forcing a laugh to come out of his mouth. Dara heaved a heavy breath and massaged her wrists. 

 

“You should go home now,” Dara said as she turned her back and opened the gate, but Jiyong tapped her shoulder. She straightened her back and slowly turned again her back to face Jiyong. 

 

“Here.” Jiyong smiled and handed Dara a pink rose. Suddenly her face lights up as the orange sky gleamed at them. Jiyong smiled like a teenage boy and Dara took the rose from his hand. She smiled sheepishly. 

 

“Thank you.” She said as she pursed her lips. 

 

“See you tomorrow, then?” 

 

“Yes…” Dara responded while still smiling from ear to ear. Jiyong pinched her cheeks and then walked away. She watched his withdrawing back, finally, her thoughts start to work. She giggled at the thought of Jiyong confessing that he like her, and those little gestures he does that makes her heart flutter. She immediately stormed inside her apartment and fished out her phone from her bag. 

 

 

You will not believe this!!!! –Dara 

Oh here she goes… -Panda 
Jiyong confessed… -Dara 
DARA!!! STOP IT ALREADY WILL YOU!? –Rin 
Hey! Save it for tomorrow, okay!? We need to know everything! –Panda 
Kekekeke sure… -Dara 

 

Dara smiled all by herself while gazing on the rose and gave it a quick kiss.


When Dara’s done washing up she immediately changed into her pajamas. She rested her head on the back rest of her bed and checked her phone. She was just casually scrolling on her facebook when she saw multiple of pictures of her and Jiyong lying on the ground with a caption of, “It’s like a k-drama scene!!!” , “Who are they?!”, “Love is in the air” and more caption telling that they ship them. Dara groaned and threw her phone on the other side of the bed. Then her phone beeped, she immediately checked it. 

 

Dara! What was that?! You were just mad and then you’re now lying on top of him? Kekeke you nasty Dara… -Jen 
 Jen!!! That was nothing! Jiyong just… ugh! He embarrassed me really… It’s hard to explain right now… -Dara 

Eh it’s okay. Tabi told me already what happened. –Jen 
Huh?! What do you mean!? –Dara 
Jiyong told him what happened. Kekeke –Jen 
Ugghh!!! That guy really!!! Making me more embarrassed! –Dara 
Hey, we’ll know it eventually so it’s better 
that we already know while it’s still early. –Jen 

 

Dara rolled on the bed and covered her face with her blanket and cursed under it. Her supposedly quiet life in the school is now ruined just because of Jiyong expressing himself. Somehow, she’s happy about it but the way he showed it bothers her. Her phone suddenly rang; she jerked back and immediately checked it. Upon seeing Jiyong’s name, her heart started to do craziness again, her chest started to pound like a little child doing tantrums. Her hands are shaking. Her system is tensed. Until she gathered all the confidence to answer the phone, she cleared and spoke in her most soft voice. 

 

“Hello?” 

 

“Hi…” Jiyong said softly on the other line. Dara’s heart pounds louder. She’s talking to Jiyong over the phone. She’s so anxious thinking of what to talk about because the last time they talked over the phone she fell asleep, so she tried very hard to not repeat that again. 

 

“So, what’s up?” Dara bit her lower lip thinking if what she asked will open a conversation. 

 

“Smiling...” 

 

“Okay…” she panicked in her mind because how she would follow up that response. 

 

“I just called to say… I love you~” suddenly Jiyong sang on the other line. Dara smiled from ear to ear listening to Jiyong singing. Jiyong sang a little longer making Dara smile giddily. It was her first time hearing Jiyong sings his heart out. Is Jiyong always like this when he likes someone? Is it his first time doing this? Am I the only girl he sang to? Those are the thoughts that came into her mind while listening to Jiyong. His voice was so sweet, feels like he already busted Dara’s bubble, a bubble she’s been protecting since she broke up with her ex. Once again, Dara felt her heart beat again.