The Ultimate Secret

Perhaps You

It’s weekend. Dara is still soundly sleeping on her bed. Dara’s weekend scene starts with the sunrise, birds chirping, old ladies sweeping outside, the sound of burning leaves, and a slow step from a friend that Dara loves so much is now lying beside her. 

 

Dara felt a presence and rolled to the other side, as she opened her eyes slowly, she was welcome at the sight of Seungri who is smiling widely at her. Dara’s eyes widened as she saw the familiar smiling face of a baby panda. She shrieked in joy and immediately jumped on top of him and gave her a long tight hug. 

 

“PANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!” she buried her face on his chest and Seungri just rubbed her back. 

 

“Hey, hey. C’mon now, move and we’ll be hanging out with Chae.” Seungri gently pushed Dara to the side as he sat on the edge of the bed. Dara scoot beside him and just hugged him tightly. 

 

“I just missed you and Chae-chae. I hope you don’t deprive me of hugging you.” Dara pouted as she rested her head on his broad shoulders still hugging him.

 

“How’s your week, huh?” Seungri asked as he scrolled through his phone to contact Chaerin. 

 

“Well to be honest… I’m mixed emotions. I can’t believe in just a week, I’ll be having a mental breakdown.” Dara said jokingly but the Seungri noticed the pain in her voice. He tilted his head to meet her eyes, but she shut her eyes firmly. 

 

“Tell me, what happened? Just tell me now so Chaerin won’t nag you about it, you know her.” Dara slowly removed her hug from Seungri and played with her fingers. 

 

“Jen remember her? Well, I just made her cry just because of my stupid anxiety.” 

 

“That’s it?” Seungri eyed her intently. 

 

“And umm… Annoying G? He’s not really that annoying. He’s just carefree.”  Dara peeked from the strands of her hair to see if Seungri is satisfied on her story, but he’s still staring intently at her feels like he’s eating her alive if she doesn’t spill everything. So she just took the initiative to tell the highlight of her week. 

 

“I cried.” She just simply said and then Seungri stood up and clapped his hands. 

 

“I was right! You heard that, Chae?!” Seungri shouted to his phone, turns out Chaerin is listening on the other line. 

 

“WHAT!? WHY DID YOU CRY, YOU STUPID WOMAN?!” Chaerin shouted on the other line. Dara feels like she’s trapped in a mouse trap. There’s no way of getting out when Chae’s mouth started throwing bullets. 

 

“Because I sang our song! I suddenly remembered him.” Dara didn’t mention Donghae’s name but her best friends already know who she is pertaining to. 

 

Seungri sat beside her again and rested his arms on Dara’s shoulders. 

 

“Out of all many songs, why did you sang that song?” 

 

“Because she’s stupid,” Chaerin interjected. 

 

Dara clicked her tongue and lied down. She rested her hands on her stomach and clasped them firmly. 

 

“I don’t know… I can’t get him out of my mind. His absence is too strong!” 

 

“Stop craving for her presence!” Chaerin shouted. Dara sat up immediately and shouted back on Seungri’s phone. 

 

“I’m not!!! It’s just that… I was so attached to him for so many years! He’s my first… you know that!” 

 

Seungri covered his mouth in shock. Chaerin stayed quiet. Until Dara realized what she said, she also covered and her eyes widened. 

 

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!?” Chaerin shrieked. 

 

“YOU DID NOT TELL THAT TO US!” Seungri shouted. 

 

Dara remembered that it was just a secret between her and Donghae. She promised not to tell it to anybody even her best friends. She just exploded and spat the ultimate secret she’s been keeping. 

 

“You know what? You guys better move your asses there and let’s meet up to the district’s café!” Chaerin said in finality until she hangs up her phone. Seungri then tossed Dara’s robe and towel. 

 

“Get ready!” Seungri said in a dangerous tone. Dara knows to herself that she’s in danger with her two best friends. Seungri reserved his nagging for later because his power is much powerful when combined with Chaerin.  Dara froze in her spot not sure of what to do. She feels like she’s experiencing world war III. 

 

Dara and Seungri sat on the corner of the café and waited for Chaerin. Seungri is glaring intently on Dara while she just plays with her fingers. When the door opens, they immediately fixated their eyes on the door, anticipating Chaerin. But rather, a familiar face only Dara knows showed up. 

 

“Jiyong?” Dara tilted her head and stared intently on the approaching Jiyong. 

 

“Heeey!” Jiyong greeted her not noticing the negative aura of Seungri across Dara. 

 

Dara just stared at her and slowly lifted her hands to wave. But Seungri cleared his throat and feigned a cough. Jiyong was startled; he turned his back and eyed Seungri. 

 

His eyes squinted and gave him a dagger look. Seungri matched his dangerous look. They’re like having a dagger look contest. 

 

“That’s Seungri, my best friend,” Dara interjected keeping the tension cool between the two young men. 

 

“Is that so?” suddenly Jiyong’s face transitioned from a wild fox to a cute little puppy. 

 

“Hi, I’m Jiyong. You can call me, G. I’m Sandy’s boyfriend.” He beamed and offered his hand. Seungri glared at him and he gave his dagger look to Dara. 

 

“Stop saying nonsense, Jiyong!” Dara slapped Jiyong’s hand. Jiyong then caught her hand and kissed it. 

 

“Oh my gosh!” Chaerin suddenly came and slapped Jiyong on the cheek. Jiyong immediately lifted his face while rubbing his now reddish cheek. 

 

“What do you think you’re doing to my best friend?! Who are you?!” 

 

“The annoying G,” Seungri said. 

 

Chaerin parted in bewilderment and sat beside Dara. She then leaned closer to Dara and whispered, “You did not tell me that he’s handsome.” Dara pushed her aside and just looked on the menu. 

 

“By the way, see you around Sandy. I’ll wait for you.” Jiyong winked and went to the table near the door. Dara fanned her face as if hot water was poured on her. 

 

“I can’t believe him. He’s really annoying.” Seungri said while sipping on his cup of coffee that is now cold because of waiting for too long to Chaerin. 

 

 

They’ve been oddly quiet that Dara’s anxiety grew bigger. She’s anticipating for a bombardment. But her best friends are just busy with their lives, Chaerin checking on the menu and Seungri checking on his phone. Dara gulped hard and cleared .

 

“I-“as soon as Chaerin and Seungri stopped on what they’re doing, they glared at her. Dara shivered in fright as she clasped her hands and shut her eyes firmly. 

 

“When did you do it?” Chaerin asked like a police investigator. 

 

“Where did you do it?” Seungri the flashlight of his phone and held it above her head.  

 

“And why did you do it?” Chaerin eyed her intently. 

 

“I can’t answer all that! One question at a time!” Dara said softly but with aggressiveness in her tone. 

 

“Then answer it in order. Those were just three questions.” Chaerin simply stated and rested her elbow on the table. Seungri nodded his head in agreement and swings his phone making it look like a criminal investigation. Dara got annoyed with Seungri’s stunt so she snatched his phone and placed it inside her pocket. 

 

“Give it back!” Seungri protested as he tickled Dara. But Chaerin pushed Seungri and rolled her eyes at him in annoyance. 

 

“Save that for later. We’re here to interrogate Dara on her sinful act.” Dara’s eyes widened and gave Chaerin an offended look. 

 

“Why are you giving me that look? You did it without even telling us? How dare you.” Chaerin said under her breath. 

 

Dara played with her fingers and gathered the courage she’s been saving up for this kind of event. She’s cursing herself in her mind because of her unstoppable mouth because of all the secrets to say, why the ultimate secret? She then breathed in and out. 

 

“It was my college’s acquaintance party,” Dara said softly. Chae and Seungri did not react but rather just waited for more interesting info. 

 

“After our party, he waited for me so he can accompany me to go home. When we reached our house it was dark, so I called my mom and she said she was in a 2-day seminar and dad…as always, at work.” 

 

Chaerin buried her face in her palms and slightly slapped Dara’s arm, which made Dara wince. 

 

“Okay, I don’t want to hear any more. I’m not interested. So you did it in your house?” 

 

“Yes,” Dara said as she bowed down. 

 

“Aish! I will kill you, stupid woman!” Chaerin said in frustration then Seungri flicked Dara’s forehead. 

 

“How stupid can you get? If I hear another stupid story from you, I’ll whip your .” Seungri said annoyingly. Dara just stayed her head bowed down, embarrassed to see her best friends’ face. 

 

After they ate at the café, Chaerin suddenly called out by her parents so she went home immediately, leaving Seungri and Dara. 

 

“Dara, do you want to go elsewhere?” Seungri asked. 

 

“Nah. I just want to stay in the apartment. Let’s just watch my favorite drama.” Dara beamed as she sipped on the chocolate mocha frappe. 

 

Seungri turned his head to check on Jiyong, as he saw him still on the table; he gave Dara a playful look. Dara just eyed him quizzically. Without saying anything, Seungri stood up leaving Dara dumbfounded. He strides towards Jiyong’s table. 

 

“Hey, annoying G,” Seungri said as he tapped on Jiyong’s shoulder. Jiyong immediately turned his head and greeted Seungri with a wide smile. 

 

“Hey, Sandy’s best friend.” Jiyong beamed. 

 

Dara on the other table eyed them as Seungri leaned closer and whisper something to Jiyong. She got nervous because Seungri is able to pull off bizarre ideas that even Chaerin can’t handle. Sweat started to form on her temples, her anxiety is eating her alive. Seungri turned his head to look on Dara and then he smiled at her menacingly and just left the café without uttering a word to her. Dara stood up immediately and was about to follow him but, Jiyong blocked her path and just rested his arm on her shoulders. Dara eyed him in bewilderment. 

 

“Don’t worry, I got you,” Jiyong said as he pinched her cheek. Dara slapped his hand away.

 

“What did he said to you?!” Dara hissed.

 

“I’m here for your entertainment~” Jiyong beamed. Dara slumps her shoulder in surrender and then her phone beeped. 

 

Please be nice to Annoying G. He will accompany you whenever you want to go. Unwind, shake off the bad spirits! Kekeke. Don’t worry I’ll be at the apartment by 8 pm. See you! –Panda 

 

Dara cursed under her breath and looked at the guy beside him annoyingly.

 

 

 

Jiyong keeps on blabbering things about him, and the good places to visit in the area on a student budget while they’re walking in the District. Dara feels like she’s babysitting so she just let the ‘kid’ do what he wants and Dara will just go with the flow. 

 

“So, I saw you earlier on the café. Your best friends are nagging at you. What happened?” Jiyong asked in a slightly serious tone.  Dara just heaved a deep sigh. 

 

“That was nothing.” She replied.

 

“Is that connected to what happened to you yesterday?” Jiyong asked softly. Dara stopped from walking. Jiyong turned his back and just stared at her. 

 

“Don’t ask too many questions, okay?” 

 

“But, how can I get to know you?” Jiyong pouted. 

 

“There’s nothing to know about me. I am just your classmate.” Dara explained. 

 

“I want to know you, Sandy.” 

 

Dara furrowed her brows and glared at him. 

 

“Why do you want to know me?! You’ll just be disappointed if you get to know me! I am a stupid woman who can’t move on with the past! So stop wasting your time getting to know me.” 

 

They both become quiet until Jiyong walked away and turned to somewhere that Dara can’t see him already. She parted in disbelief. 

 

“See? You surrendered easily.” Dara whispered and then turned her back to go home. Suddenly an arm holding a pink rose appeared in front of her. Dara jerked back in surprise and turned her back again. 

 

There, she saw Jiyong standing like a kid holding a pink rose in his right hand while his left hand is in his pocket.

 

“One pink rose, one information about you.” He beamed.  Dara stayed quiet and just stare at him intently. A boy who is so persistent to know her, even though she herself doesn’t even know who she is anymore, the man she loved left a part of her. She stopped living, but because there’s someone who loves her, she’s slowly living again. 

 

As she eyed Jiyong with disbelief, she thought to herself that he’s kind…but still annoying. 

 

“And also, one pink rose is less bitterness.” Jiyong beamed as he hugged Dara. Dara slowly hugged him back.  
“Thanks,” Dara whispered which Jiyong did not hear.

 

“What?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Nothing.” 

 

‘Kids can really lighten up the day.’ Dara thought and smiled inwardly. 


Jiyong walked Dara into her apartment. They were quiet the whole walk trip, while Dara is holding on the pink rose, Jiyong is smiling inwardly. As they reached Dara’s apartment, Jiyong just bowed his head and smiled at her. 

 

“What?” Dara said while tugging a smile. 

 

“Nothing. I think your best friend is waiting for you.” Jiyong said sheepishly then leaned closer. 


Inside the apartment, Seungri is hiding quietly while peeking through the curtains of his room, smiling. He jumped giddily as he witnessed the most exciting moment he’s been waiting for to happen to Dara. 


Dara widened her eyes as she eyed the withdrawing back of Jiyong. She felt a sensation on her lips that once long gone because she already forgot about it. She felt like electricity ran through her veins and everything just stops. is still parted in bewilderment when suddenly Seungri opened the gate and welcomed her.

 

“Heeeey!!!” Seungri greeted merrily while shaking Dara’s arms. 

 

“Did you see it?” Dara whispered. 

 

“See what?” Seungri replied playfully. Dara just heaved a deep sigh and then went inside their apartment. Seungri throws his fist in the air and hopped giddily before entering the apartment.