Friends

Perhaps You

St. Catherine is always energetic which Dara is not used to since the previous school she was in was hectic; it always has the busy environment which is the complete opposite of St. Catherine. Everyone was just chill and laughing. Dara and Jen are in the school’s boutique. The price of the clothes are overpriced for Dara, she’s not used to this rich environment. So she got bored easily and stepped outside the boutique, while Jen stepped outside with 3 paper bags in her hands. 

 

“Their dresses are so cute. Do you know that it is St. Catherine brand? Exclusive only for De Vigri students.” She beamed as she hopped merrily while searching for more shops. 

 

“That’s why it’s expensive.” Dara simply replied. Jen stopped her tracks and stared at Dara. 

 

“It’s because 30% of the proceeds will benefit the Children Army Association. De Vigri has been helping the orphanage since day 1.” Jen explained before walking again, which made Dara, straightened her back and stared at Jen’s back. Dara doesn’t want to sound reprimanding but she’s not really used to this kind of environment. 

 

Dara fished out her phone from her pocket and texted Seungri and Chaerin. 

 

Why did you bring me to this school? I’m not part of this classy school. 

 

Jen pointed to a café. It has pink and unicorns exterior. Dara cringed in the designs; she doesn’t want those kinds of cutesy designs. 

 

“Don’t tell me?” she just said but Jen pulled her by her wrist and they went inside. 

 

Dara slumped on the bench while sipping from a unicorn frappe. She didn’t expect herself to actually like the unicorn food. They ate unicorn donut, unicorn cake, unicorn breadsticks and everything is in unicorn. She ended up cooling down with a unicorn frappe. Jen is still full of energy, Jen agreed to Dara to wait for her. That’s why Dara is sitting alone on a bench which is situated in the school’s gym. Her phone beeped and she immediately fished it out from her pocket. 

 

You’ll love it. They seemed classy but their education system is high, so you’ll learn a lot. –Rin
You’ll get used to it. When we visited that, we actually loved everything. –Panda 
Correction, you loved all the girls. –Rin 
Excuse me, says the one who has a text mate from that school –Panda 
WHAT?! FITE ME! –Rin 

 

She just smiled and replied back, 
Chae-chae  I can’t believe you. You already baited a young man. Hahaha! Fine, if I really don’t like it here, I’ll definitely transfer another school. 

 

She then sipped in her unicorn frappe, and then she heard someone’s approaching. She lifted her head and saw a lean man standing beside her. She looked at him quizzically. He’s wearing a white shirt with UK flag imprinted on it, ripped denim jeans, high cut sneakers and what made this man stand out is his, blonde hair and tattoos all over his arms. He smiled and pointed beside Dara, which she immediately comprehend and removed her bag. 

 

He sat beside her and leaned closer. 

 

“Hi.” He simply said offering his left hand. Dara hesitantly took his hands until finally, they shook hands. 

 

“I’m eyeing you from there.” He pointed to a six story building. “That’s my dorm. I saw you sipping from that cute cup and I thought to myself to get to know you. I’m actually new here, I still don’t have friends, and so… can you be my friend?” he gave her that boyish smile again and she refused to reply. 

 

“I understand if you’re shocked right now.” He rested his left arm on the backrest making Dara scoot away and tucked her hair behind her ears. The man stared at her amusingly while Dara is drowning in her anxiety. ‘When will he stop staring at me?!’ she thought to herself. 

 

And then not from a distance, she heard Jen shouting her name and saw her waving stupidly while carrying paper bags. “SANDARAAAAAAAA!” 

 

The man beside her smiled and stared at her intently, “So your name’s, Sandara?” Dara glared at him and finally stood up when Jen is already standing in front of them. Jen eyed them and gave a playful look to Dara. 

 

“Stop it, Jen. Let’s go, we will be late in our next class.” Dara said with finality and walked away. 

 

“Duh, it’s our first day I bet our next class will also be an orientation.” Jen beamed. Dara turned her back and pulled her by the wrist. Jen smiled and waved bye to the man who is staring at them amusingly. 

 

“See you around, Sandara!” Dara heard him shouted while she clicked her tongue in irritation.

 

 

 

When they finally arrived at their next class, Jen immediately took the seat in front while Dara went to the back. Jen scowled at her and pulled her.  

 

“No! I don’t wanna sit there!” Dara protested. 

 

“It’s easier to listen to lectures when you’re in front!” 

 

“But it’s easier for me when I’m at the back.” 

 

Jen stopped pulling her and just slump her shoulders in surrender and went at the back. Dara smiled inwardly and then they settled at the very back of the classroom, making them look like outcasts. Jen buried her face in her palms and groaned in frustration. 

 

“Why are you so hard to be with?!” Jen hissed. Dara just stared at her with a deadpan expression. 

 

“I mean… ugh!” Jen pulled her hair in frustration until Dara stopped her and held her hands firmly. 

 

“You have to stop your princess attitude. You’re in college, not in High School anymore.” She simply said and went back to her seat. Jen stared at her and just fished out her phone and scrolled. 

 

As Dara stared outside the window, a familiar voice called out her name. “Sandara!” 

 

She slowly turned her head and saw the man from earlier. She furrowed her brows and parted in bewilderment. Jen nudged at her and smiled. Dara clicked her tongue and glared at her. 

 

“Hey, can I sit here?” the man pointed to the chair in front of Dara. Without waiting for Dara’s response, he immediately sat and placed her bag on the chair. He kneeled on the chair like a little boy and stared at her while smiling giddily. 

 

“Can you stop smiling?!” Dara hissed. The man just ignored her and continued on staring at her. 

 

“You’re creeping me out!” Dara protested. And then the professor finally came in, the man just turned his back and settled on his seat. Dara cringed at the sight of him. She wished for him to disappear because she’s definitely not in the mood to flirt and she doesn’t like flirts.
The man turned his head and leaned closer to Dara, “By the way, I’m Jiyong. But you can call me, G.” he smirked and settled in his seat. Dara can’t believe on his confidence. She just rolled her eyes and stared out the window.