More or less.

Love You, Hate You.

 

Sunbeams make the sweat on your face sparkle. No, it's just the studio light. Don't look at me like that. As if you will tell me off again, tell me to keep away from you.

I don't want to argue, I just want you to listen. I don't want this distance between us. We are friends. That is what you told me. Friends and nothing more.

How long can we keep staying friends?

 

You look away, then you look at me again. A pleading stare. You know I like you. That I admire you. I don't know about you. Say what you feel, I can almost hear your thoughts. Please, let me go. No, it's just you talking to Youngbae. Talk to me like that again, laughing and joking without awkwardness. We're friends. More or less.

Are we more or less than friends? I want us to be more, but what do you want? Tell me. Tell me. TELL ME.

 

“What do you want me to tell you?”, you ask, suddenly standing next to me. Don't be so close to me. Especially when we are alone. The studio is empty and I can't breathe. “Seungri?”

 

“Are we friends?”, I dare to state the question aloud. I can see this look in your eyes, as if you wanted to avoid responding to this. A sigh leaves your mouth and you turn your back to me slowly. You walk to one of the big mirrors on the wall of the dance studio. Not sure if I should follow you, I only walk up to you hesitantly. “Do you think we are? Look at us. You don't even want to be close to me.”

 

You are right, I'm standing in an awkward distance to you. “It's not like I don't want to. I'm not sure if you want me to move closer.” You take a step towards me, still facing the mirror-me. “I want you to. I want us to be like this again.” You lay an arm around my shoulder and smile. I grin back at you with growing confidence. So this is the friend zone. Is that all? I turn a bit to look at the real you. “Are we friends? You didn't answer.”

 

Your hand still on my shoulder, our noses are almost touching. I can't hold myself back anymore. But do I really want to sacrifice our friendship? Yes, because there can only be more or less than a friendship between us, and I have to do something to clarify in which direction we are moving. I close my eyes to kiss you, but suddenly there is nothing to kiss anymore.

 

“We are friends,” you say, standing in the awkward distance again, looking at my mirror self. That's how it is, I want us to be more and you want us to be less. It seems as if you are just afraid of being more. This time I take towards you, put my arm around your shoulder and smile at you in the mirror. “We are friends,” I repeat, and we both know it's not true. I'll wait for you to say otherwise and as you don't do so, I slowly walk away. I feel my eyes becoming wet and I can't decide if I should run away or wait for you to change your mind. Wait for you to see my tears or run so that I can hide them.

 

“I want us to be more.”

 

Hands pull me into a hug, your body presses itself against mine. “I'm just afraid that if you leave, we will not be even less than friends anymore.”

 

“I won't leave if you don't want me to.”

 

A kiss is not what I call friend zone, I decide.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello there, new subbies^^ Thanks for reading :)