Chapter 2

Pen name - D.O

 


The days following the court hearing have been hectic. 

Well, not really. Kyungsoo was still sitting at the corner of his couch, two layers of blankets protect him from the cold air flowing through his little apartment. 

He hasn't his television in months really, but from the morning after the case closed and until now, several days later, news channels just wouldn't stop mentioning it.

He heard the story so many times, in so many voices through so many stations already. The same words every single time. Just like right now.

"Rising star Park Chanyeol proudly admits to plagiarizing a story of a fiction writer on the internet named D.O." 

The news anchor's voice is as serious and nonchalant as ever. Only Kyungsoo's heart keeps eccelerating at every word.

The view plays again, a video that was taken by one of the news channel's reporters right outside the court.



Chanyeol is standing there with a wide confident grin that is clearly honest as seen through the sunglasses he lowered over his eyes when he exits. 

He walks fast, long steps with long legs, and then the reporters begin asking questions from all around him. 

His guard tried to pave him a way but Chanyeol doesn't seem too distressed.

A moment later Kyungsoo knows what happens, and his heart skips a beat just like every time this video plays. 

Chanyeol turns to look directly at the camera with a smile.

"D.O's story was great everyone, please give it a lot of love. Just like all the readers, I was affected by it and decided it'd work in the music video. D.O, if you're watching this, I hope I did it justice." 

He then bows to the cameraman before the footage cuts back to the news studio and onto a different subject.



Kyungsoo remembers exiting the court moments after this happened, and he remembers seeing Chanyeol enter his big black van and drive away. 

None of the reporters paid any attention to Baekhyun and him. 

Kyungsoo was shaken enough from the experience of meeting Chanyeol in person, and hearing his own name being said in his voice, that dealing with pushing through some thirsty paparazzis wouldn't be easy.

Along with Chanyeol's admition to the case, his company released a formal announcement on the website, reassuring fans everything has been settled in a legal proper way and that no harm has been done. 

Kyungsoo himself released a new post on D.O's website saying the same thing, and luck was really shining onto them because the fans showered both Chanyeol and D.O with love.



It was odd for Kyungsoo to see how much support he was recieving, being part of different fan groups of Chanyeol, he knew it was common for the fans to say pretty harsh things regarding any female that comes close to him. 

Last time Chanyeol merely sat next to a member of a girl group in an award ceremony, and the fans have bashed her down to the dirt behind private chats. 

Nothing negative have been posted publicly about her, but the group's sales and popularity began reclining drastically afterwards. He knew how terrible the consequences might have been for him.

Which is why he was really surprised when in the very same group chats that bashed anyone else, only affection and support were exchanged regarding D.O's issue. 

Apparently the fans appreciated the fact that D.O remained anonymous. They even thought that Chanyeol's message to D.O was adorable. 

And clearly... It excited the whole fandom to know Chanyeol reads fanfictions about himself.
Let alone D.O's naughty pieces.



"Kyungsoooo~" 

Baekhyun called loudly and way too happily when he hopped his steps into Kyungsoo's apartment, no knocks this time. 

Kyungsoo didn't even realize the door got unlocked because he was lost in thoughts and the television's rambling background noise blocked out anything else. 

Baekhyun walked quickly, almost running to jump onto the couch right beside Kyungsoo with a wide grin of satisfaction. Kyungsoo knew exactly what that means, and before Baekhyun could take a breath to speak he smiled and raises his hand to pat Baekhyun's gelled back hair gently.

"Congratulations Baekhyunie~"

Kyungsoo hummed in an uncharactaristic melodious tone, and Baekhyun's eyes opened wide and turned damp from the warmth of the greeting.

"Thank youuuu! I knew that'd be it. The case that got me my well deserved promotion!"

Baekhyun was loud, and for once, Kyungsoo didn't mind it one bit. 

He was happy because of Baekhyun's happiness. So much that he even nodded and hummed along, attentively listening to his best friend's rambles about his new office while being tucked in a hug Baekhyun still hadn't let go of. 

It took a few long minutes and some gentle pokes to the side of Baekhyun's ed jacket for him to release Kyungsoo from the hug with a harmonious laughter of them both. 



"Please tell me you replied to Chanyeol by now." 

Baekhyun finally broke away from the subject of his office mate Minseok that drinks too much coffee for his own health.

Kyungsoo managed to forget about the Chanyeol subject for the duration of their conversation, and it was so peaceful that once his mind flashed the image of Chanyeol's smile right in front of his eyes, he felt like he was just stabbed with a damn spoon right to the stomach. 

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at the choked reaction, but it didn't stop him from poking Kyungsoo's cheek with his finger.



"I did.. A few times. Baekhyunie... I think I'm going to die..."

Kyungsoo wasn't sure if the stress building from within is causing him to flush red from the blood flowing too fast in his veins, or if it's causing him to pale horribly. 

Either way Baekhyun's massive fit of laughter didn't help one bit.

"Let me see! Did you accept the job?"

"I did....."

Kyungsoo barely whispered while his body started slumping down further into his loved corner of the couch. His face burried by the blankets up until the nose, and his eyes looking at the television screen but not registering any of the colors he's seeing. 

Baekhyun clicked his tongue with a shake of the head and grabbed the phone from Kyungsoo's other side, easily getting through the password protection.



"YO!!!"

Baekhyun suddenly shouts and then makes whistle noises and a few more 'waah's before smacking his palm on top of Kyungsoo's blanket shell.

"From ' it's really him': Hey, D.O! Kyungsoo gave me your number today at the court. It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Park Chanyeol." 

Baekhyun began reading in the deepest voice he could, trying to imitate Chanyeol's and failing miserably. 

Only causing Kyungsoo to either redden or lose some more color.

"Hello Chanyeol, Kyungsoo told me you liked my stories. Thank you."

This time Baekhyun read it in an extra annoying nasal female voice that made Kyungsoo land a punch to the side of Baekhyun's arm, making him shout and laugh. He continued.



[ it's really him: I love your stories. You're an incredible writer and creator. You inspire me! D.O, I have a proposal for you. ]

-- [ Sent: Wow, I didn't know we were at this stage already, Chanyeol, you haven't even met my parents yet.. ]



Baekhyun's eyes widened along with his smirk and he kept shouting some more 'aaah's and 'whoaaaa's after reading the messages out loud. 

Really, Kyungsoo would seriously slap him right now if he wasn't in a state of mental shock with a topping of great embarrassment.

It's not that Baekhyun reading the messages makes Kyungsoo feel like he's dying, but the fact that these are real. These are true exchanges he had with the real Park Chanyeol. 
Baekhyun continues.



[ it's really him: -Monkey covering his eyes emoji sent three times- ]

[ it's really him: You're amazing. Maybe one day I'll have the honor. ]

[ it's really him: D.O, will you work for me? Will you become my director? ]

-- [ Sent: I don't think I can.. Being anonymous and all. ]

[ it's really him: Right... Hmm. ]

[ it's really him: D.O, I spoke with my manager. He said that just like in the court, Kyungsoo could take your place as a representative. Do you think he will be up for it? We will pay both of you, of course. ]

-- [ Sent: He said he agrees, he doesn't have a job anyway. ]

[ it's really him: Great! Tell him to come to this address on monday. Pleasure working with you, D.O. ]

-- [ Sent: Keep me updated. ]

[ it's really him: Of course princess. ]



Kyungsoo literally, in all sense of realism, wants to die right now. 

His entire body sunk underneath his blanket castle and he's pretty sure he's cooking inside this cocoon in the heat of his own trembling body.

"Dude, since when are you so smooth? You got the man hooked around your little finger with only five messages. I'm genuinely impressed."

Baekhyun admitted and Kyungsoo could tell that he really means it beneath his teasing tone of voice.

"Is that why you asked me if I have a spare cellphone I don't use?"

"...Maybe......" 

God this is embarrassing. Terrifying too, yet exciting. 

Kyungsoo really is going to work with Chanyeol. Putting aside the fact he feels a little bad for recieving double payment and of course, his massive lie of identity.


--


It's monday morning and Kyungsoo senses the hours he spent memorizing every detail about Chanyeol in wikipedia  last night, or rather, earlier this morning, are going to be a dread. 

He slept way too little to be able to function like a proper adult human being today, yet his bagged eyes are still sharp behind the glasses and his hearing ability feels hightened from the internal stress. 

Kyungsoo might not enjoy being out and about in the city that much, but even his repel from the situation wouldn't affect his precise personality. 

Checking the spare cellphone he recieved from Baekhyun the previous day in his left pocket for the time, he was too early. 

In his right pocket rests 'D.O's cellphone. Well, his own original cellphone that is now serving other purposes. 

With stable steps and a soft fixation of his glasses Kyungsoo made it right to the front of the company's building. A guard stands behind the fogged out glass door, and a bunch of fans are sat two meter radius away from the empty spot in the parking lot. 

Kyungsoo hates this. The heat, the summer, the curious eyes of the girls focusing on his fidgeting way of standing in front of the door.



The minutes pass. 

Standing under the sun even for this short while was enough for Kyungsoo to produce nervous sweat that he keeps wiping the sides of his cheeks with his own fingers. 

The door is locked with a code mechanism and a scanner. No card in hand means no entry for Do Kyungsoo. 

He starts regretting getting out of his cool cosy apartment as early as he did this morning. 

Right before his hand reached down his pocket to pull out a phone he heard a car approaching the building, which is odd considering there was an electric gate to block vehicles from entering the area.



The car was a big square of loud engine noises and darkened window glasses, yet the closer it approached the empty parking spot located right by the door to enter the building, the more fans jumped up on their feet and took out their phones and cameras. Huh?

It parked and the engine went silent. Kyungsoo stood wondering by the door and watched how the door opens and a big foot followed by a long leg landed on the ground. 

It's Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo's heart begins racing and his palms automatically stick together into a tight grip in front of him. 

Chanyeol is.. stunning. Standing tall with messy hair, black sunglasses, frayed jeans and a simple grey shirt. A backpack is pulled over his shoulder and the fans are going as wild as Kyungsoo's pulse.



Chanyeol noticed him standing by the door, and immediately sped up his steps and placed a hand on his shoulder. 

Kyungsoo thought the summer was hot, but Chanyeol's wide grin erupted a volcano inside him. 

"Kyungsoo! I'm glad you made it. Whoa, your shirt is really hot.. Were you waiting here long?" 

The kindness in Chanyeol's raspy morning voice caught Kyungsoo off guard, and he felt a sense of deja vu again when all he could do was croak a nervous 'Good morning' in return.

The giant simply laughed and lead the two of them to the enterance, placing his opened wallet onto the scanner. The door began sliding sideways and Chanyeol's gentle push onto Kyungsoo's back into the building only made Kyungsoo sweat more, and he hates sweating.



He knew he'd be meeting Chanyeol, but he didn't know Chanyeol would be the one giving him the tour around the building, joking around with every staff member that walks past them and exposing some juicy gossips about the pair of workers that might be dating. 

It honestly felt like some mixture between a happy dream and a nightmare. 

Kyungsoo will most likely forget most of what Chanyeol had explained, but that's okay. It's his very first day at work, he barely slept last night and he's awfully overwhelmed by Chanyeol's entire existence. 

By the time they reach Chanyeol's own studio floor Kyungsoo managed to put himself under a bit more control, and is now really paying every bit of his attention to Chanyeol's words. 

Details about his instruments and music creation keep pouring. 

Along with falling deeper in love with Chanyeol by the minute, Kyungsoo also feels incredibly inspired. All these things he had imagined Chanyeol would be working with.. All the different personalities he thought Chanyeol might have in person.. 

They were all nice, but the real thing is better than anything he could possibly imagine.



At lunch time they exchanged their phone numbers, well, Kyungsoo's secondary phone that is. The spare one he borrowed from Baekhyun.

They didn't talk much, between the bites he took from the exceptionally good food in the building's cafeteria room Kyungsoo just watched Chanyeol glue his entire attention to the big phone that looks so incredibly small in his palms. 

A child, is what he looked like. A gigantic child. 

Throughout the day Kyungsoo had to remind himself constantly that it is indeed happening in reality. 
Meeting the other directors and people in charge was pretty easy, and before Kyungsoo realized the redness of the sunset's light broke through the windows.

The day was over, it was just to get to know the grounds anyway so he didn't exactly work. 

Chanyeol walked him back down to the building's enterance, talking about how excited and thankful he is that Kyungsoo agreed to become the 'official messenger' between himself and D.O. 

It's a bitter-sweet sort of feeling again.



"We haven't prepared a card for you yet.. Looks like I'll have to be your door opener for a while longer." 

Chanyeol smiled down at him warmly, his tone sounded like a complaint but there was nothing other than fondness in his expression.

"How heroic of you."

Kyungsoo's lips curled upwards ever so lightly just to let Chanyeol know he is joking, and after the short glance the giant's smile only widened.

"Oh I know. You better tell your cousin good things about me, yes?"

Kyungsoo almost felt happy. Almost. 

But these words struck his entire existence back to the shambles in less than a second. 

Although outwards he responded with a simple nod, inside he felt himself crumbling. 

God.. He hates lying. He can't stand it. He can't stand himself.

He has to call this whole thing off right now.. It's too dangerous.. Too risky and way too damn painful.

"Anyway, I see you don't have a vehicle, need a ride home?"

There he goes. Chanyeol and his heart of gold. Kyungsoo regrets being born. 

Averting his eyes to the ground and rubbing the back of his neck he lets out a weak chuckle.

"I can't possibly--"

"No, really, where's your place? I go that way." 

Chanyeol interrupted him and raised his entire arm towards the direction he lives in apparently, like a large street sign. 

The red of the sunset highlights the brighter shades of Chanyeol's brown dyed hair. Luckily, they actually do live in the same direction.



Kyungsoo ends up telling Chanyeol his real address. 

At first he thought it'd be better to get off somewhere close, but in a moment of thoughtlessness he spilled the exact spot of his building. 

Chanyeol clearly didn't notice his internal panic growing bigger, spreading through his limbs and up to the very tips of his fingers and toes during the ride. 

Or maybe Chanyeol's talent is greater than Kyungsoo had anticipated and he just acted like he was actually happy to have him around. It's just politeness. It's how Chanyeol is. 

After an exchanged wave of goodbye Kyungsoo felt like crying.

In his apartment he just dived into the couch, slumping on it as if his body's made of goo. 

While trying to pull his original cellphone out, D.O's phone, it actually buzzed between his fingers. From the surprise he lost the grip and it fell on the carpeted floor. 

Picking it up again he saw it was a message from Chanyeol.



[ it's really him: Got Kyungsoo home safe and sound. Are you proud? ]



Staring at the illuminated screen of his cellphone in the darkness of his apartment, Kyungsoo wished he could fall asleep and never wake up ever again. 

But his heart was thumping.. It's Chanyeol..

Squinting his eyes shut tight Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around the device, cradling it in a shaky hug. 

.. It really is him. 

He really did just spend the entire day by Chanyeol's side. And he's only a hundred times more in love than he thought he was. 

After a long sigh of concealed guilt and frustration he brought the phone back to his fingers.



--[ Sent: How heroic of you. ]

[ it's really him: HAHAHA. You two are so much alike! Kyungsoo told me the exact same phrase today. ]



Oh -- Oh god-- He really did say this to Chanyeol only a short while ago. 

Kyungsoo bashed the screen of his phone onto his forehead with a grunt. 

Pulling the phone back he tapped onto the call app, dialing his first contact. There were about seven rings.. 

Kyungsoo was about to give up, but right before removing the phone from his ear he heard the line being picked.



"Sup Kyungsoo?"

"Baekhyun, I'm quitting. I can't do this. Not now, not later, not in a million years. He in-- he drove me home Baekhyun--!! He just.. He insisted--.. --.. He doesn't even know.."

Kyungsoo's voice came out shaky and airy, cranky and almost miserable. His tone was unstable and he spoke quicker than normal too. 

Ah.. So this is was true distress feels like.

"Kyungsoo.. I'm finishing up here in a minute. Be right there, okay?"

Baekhyun's voice was so soothing and comforting, the familiarity of him can really save Kyungsoo. The most he could let out in return was a short hum.



That night Kyungsoo told Baekhyun everything down to the smallest of details while laying his head on the other's lap. 

Baekhyun's gentle through his hair and over his entire head were so warm and affectionate, so much that after Baekhyun managed to convince Kyungsoo to continue on with this plan, it took him merely a minute to fall asleep to the touch. 

He'd probably be dead by now without Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo had no idea how he got to his bed, tucked in and all, the next morning. 

But he was feeling a lot better, and more confident about the whole situation. It's something he has to do to survive. 

Or at least that's what Baekhyun told him last night before his eyes felt too heavy.



--[ Sent: Thank you for last night Baekhyunie. I feel better. ]

[ BByun: I gotchu babe, you'll do just fine. It's easy! You can just text me if you need to pretend you're talking with D.O too. ]

--[ Sent: That's actually a good idea. BABE. ]

[ BByun: Hey you'll make Chanyeol jealous, watch it! ]


--


It's alright. Things are going well. 

Chanyeol doesn't suspect a thing. It doesn't bother him that Kyungsoo spends every unbusied second staring at him. 

He doesn't notice how everytime after he texts D.O during the day, Kyungsoo's the one checking it on his own phone. 

He doesn't question it when Kyungsoo answers directorial questions without even consulting D.O's opinion.

Kyungsoo has grown into his new job, not abandoning his previous one of course. With an electronic card stuffed in his wallet he comes into the building every morning. 

The summer is finally ending and the walk he has to take in order to get to the company's building actually helped his general physical health. 



Fuel runs through his veins everytime he gets back home. 

His imagination runs wild always. He's inspired every single day from the interactions with Chanyeol. 

It's only been a little over a three months, yet D.O's fanfictions count has risen by a whole ten precent. 

Communicating with Chanyeol as two different people feels so wrong and terrible, but at the same time he gets to know two different sides of him. 



Kyungsoo's side, the gentle giant. 

A kind caring and loving man who's passion for what he does is astounding. 
A humorous friendly dork who insists to pay for the lunches they share together from time to time, who trusts every word that comes out of Kyungsoo's mouth as if his words were biblical commands, who gives him a ride home almost every day and wraps his long arm around Kyungsoo's short and small shoulder frame while walking through the company's corridors, who already sent Kyungsoo at least twenty pictures of his dog Toben, and some selfies.



D.O's side, the flirtatious tease. 

A loveable playful puppy-like man who wants nothing more than to show his admiration. 
A patient and careful heart hidden behind smirking emojis and a lot of 'Haha's. 
Who's never upset even when D.O doesn't reply to his messages for days, who always asks how D.O's feeling and what D.O's thinking about the progress he thinks is being reported by Kyungsoo, who sometimes sends little voice messages saying good morning or night, who accepts the harsh coldness of D.O's witty sarcasm with a laugh.



There's always that eerie burdensome feeling on top of Kyungsoo's shoulders. 

He's gotten used to it. To the guilt weighting him down for playing Chanyeol out like this. Exploiting him almost. 

Sometimes it feels like he's using Chanyeol. It's easy to assume that way. 

Not only does he get an endless supply of information to write about as D.O, but he literally gets paid twice as much as he should be getting. 

Two people hired, but only one exists. He takes advantage of Chanyeol's kindness and honest good motives for himself, who's head over heels in love with the man and everything about him. 

It never disappears, that nagging feeling of wanting to simply expose the truth and recieve whatever punishment he deserves. It never gets any better, it only somehow becomes more.. survivable.



They've gone to a movie together. Several times actually, just the two of them. 

The first one was a psychological thriller that Kyungsoo enjoyed very much. Chanyeol, not so much. 

That night he called Kyungsoo at around three in the morning (Of course Kyungsoo was awake, busy writing a wild public scene in a movie theatre with Chanyeol) and almost cried when he said he keeps having nightmares about it. 

Kyungsoo was a little overwhelmed when it happened. For being caught in the middle of fiery ual tention, and also because Chanyeol calling him, out of all people, for comfort, meant that their relationship is far more real than Kyungsoo pretended it to be.



The second time they went to a movie it was a drama film about a little boy searching for his family after being separated from them during a storm. 

It was a heart wrenching movie where the two of them kept trying to wipe their stream of tears away constantly. Kyungsoo, being prepared for whatever may happen, shared his tissues with Chanyeol. 

When they left the theatre that night they barely spoke, the dreading sadness affected Kyungsoo. 

In an unlikely brave move, he called Chanyeol a couple of hours after they parted. They spoke about their families for hours and it seems like even Chanyeol forgot about D.O's existence because neither of them mentioned D.O even once.



After the third movie they stuffed themselves with so much food they both came to work the next day looking like zombies. 

To the fourth movie the went with a bunch more managers and workers, and later even managed to sing a duet in the karaoke room they decided to crash at. 

The fifth was terrible, they were the only two people in the whole theatre and being bored from the movie they began playing hide and seek between the seats. 

The sixth was a comedy that gave them a few new inside jokes, and the seventh was a documentary drama that made them both upset because a cat had died in it.



They are closer now. They are actual friends. 

Although Chanyeol's attempts to impress D.O with new pick up lines and poetic revalations haven't stopped, only toned and slowed down, Kyungsoo found himself in a tight spot.



Being invited to hang out at Chanyeol's place was the confirmation Kyungsoo was so thrilled for, yet so afraid of. 

The affirmation that Chanyeol has put him on the pedestal and placed him above many others who have come his way. 

He accepted right away, without a single thought, and the next thing he knows is that he's standing in front of one of the most luxurious buildings in seoul and ringing the 'Park' labled intercome button. 

Only a short moment later he can hear Chanyeol's voice coming from the machine and a buzzer going off to announce the door has been unlocked.

The elevator trip upwards was longer than Kyungsoo had ever experienced, and when he finally stepped outside, relieved to breathe some air that doesn't smell like cleaning products and expensive perfume, he found himself in front of the penthouse's door.



"Kyungsooooo! I'm glad you could make it. Nobody bothered you for entering right?" 

Chanyeol greeted him with a tight warm hug, and then rested backwards to create a bit of a space between them with his hands holding Kyungsoo by his shoulders. 

How... How dare he.. care this much about Kyungsoo's well being.. while he's lying right up to his face. 

Kyungsoo wants to scream. 

Chanyeol is genuinely concerned about Kyungsoo having to deal with reporters or paparazzi.
This is so unfair. He is the worst. He is worse than the worst.

"Yeah, no. Nobody even noticed me." 

He followed after Chanyeol who somehow managed to elegantly pull off Kyungsoo's autumn coat and hang it in the hallway on their way to the living room.



Wide walls made of glass windows are the only separation between them and the who knows how many meters long fall down to the street. 

This place is way too bright. There aren't any curtains to cover the sunlight shining right into Kyungsoo's eyes. 

It's not like any neighbours can peek inside or anything, since this penthouse stands tall above seoul. Right in the middle. Right where the view from every direction is breathtaking and inspiring. 

Kyungsoo has probably never been this high above the ground in his life.

There are stairs leading up to a second smaller floor where Kyungsoo assumes is Chanyeol's bedroom and actual living space. Since the floor they're at now contains only a living room, a kitchen unit and two other small rooms that create the little corridor they went through at the apartment's enterance.



The design is very modern yet very homey and warm. Brown tones of wood and patterned wallpapers give this place a welcoming vibe despite being as luxurious as it is. 

If Kyungsoo was to ever bring a guest over he'd make sure every spec of dust is gone before allowing anyone to step inside. Except for Baekhyun of course, who doesn't count a guest since it's basically his second home. 

But unlike Kyungsoo's proclaimed better judgement, Chanyeol's apartment isn't cold. It isn't clean to the point of sparkling shelves and reflecting floor tiles. 

When he sits down on the couch he sees a few pieces of clothing tangled at the edge, along with some dog toys and cables. He sees some dog hairs and folded magazines on the armchair near the lamp, and what looks like a train rail peeking from behind the big television screen.

He wished he could just clean everything up himself, but something about this is just so... Chanyeol. 
It surprises Kyungsoo how sentimental he's suddenly getting when he thinks about this. 



"I hope you don't mind the mess, I figured it's pointless to try and clean if a good friend's coming. You already know me well enough.. No judgement, right?" 

Chanyeol calls behind him, stepping close and placing two mugs of hot chocolate on the coffee table in front of them, before letting his long body fall onto the couch next to Kyungsoo with a grin.

"Oh don't you worry, I'll let dispatch know you live in a pigpen, expect to see yourself on the news tomorrow." 

Kyungsoo nods his head knowingly. When the roam of laughter fills his ears he turns to the man of his dreams and chuckles while repositioning his glasses.

"Seriously, D.O and you are so similar sometimes with these comments."

"You mentioned it already."

Kyungsoo sighs internally.

"What?"

"That we're similar, D.O and I."

"I only told it to D.O."

. Kyungsoo flinches unnoticeably and quickly turns his head to Chanyeol with the best smile he can produce under the sudden stress.

"Yeah, she told me."

There's silence for about three whole seconds, but it feels like forever. It feels like Chanyeol had finally caught up to his scheme and now he will be shoved out of his dream's life and into hell.

"Aaah~ That makes sense." 

Chanyeol grins, and Kyungsoo can finally breathe again, even though he can tell there's something else behind Chanyeol's smile. Maybe he lost a little bit of trust in D.O.. Or in Kyungsoo himself. 

Kyungsoo trapped Chanyeol in a dangerous game that can't be won.



They talk about their work. The new project that's coming up. The new variety show Chanyeol will be guesting on. 
At some point Kyungsoo can hear little noises of tapping in the apartment, realizing the source is Toben jumping down the stairs and walking right to Kyungsoo's spot on the couch. 

Chanyeol coos at him like a parent of a small infant and Kyungsoo can't help but laugh when his fingers are recieving affectionate from the black ball of fluffy fur.

For the rest of their conversation about the upcoming autumn award shows Chanyeol will have to perform in although they aren't in his favour, Toben joins them, curled between them with Kyungsoo's palm repeatedly his head and body.



"So yeah.. This season is gonna be a mess.. At least the halloween party should be fun this year. I heard they wanted everyone to participate so it'll help bonding the workers or something.."

Chanyeol then grabs another half of a cookie that he brought out for them to snack on while chatting. There's calm autumny music playing in the background through Chanyeol's high quality surround system of speakers in the living room.

"You think D.O would come if I invite her? Since she is a worker and all."

"No clue, really."

Kyungsoo shrugs in return and switches the way his legs are tangled up on the couch so that his blood flow wouldn't skip any spots. 

D.O... That damned D.O. Damn himself. 

Kyungsoo felt so much at home, at ease, that he yet again managed to forget about D.O's existence for the duration of their conversation. It's getting late, and D.O being brought up is a good sign for Kyungsoo to start packing his shattered feelings up and leave.



"Thank you for coming Kyungsoo, honestly I was a little stressed lately. Having you here was a good wind down. I appreciate it."

Kyungsoo's held between Chanyeol's hugging arms and something in him hopes he'll cease to exist right there and then so that his last living memory would be the feeling of Chanyeol's warmth and scent wrapped around him.

"Hey, anytime. Toben was worth it."

"What about me?"

"Not so much."

Kyungsoo smiles sneakily and Chanyeol falls into another short fit of laughter, landing a gentle to the back of Kyungsoo's head absentmindedly before leaning against the doorframe and watching Kyungsoo enter the elevator.

"I'll see you tomorrow, stay warm."

"Yeah. Handsome."

Are the last words Kyungsoo manages to squeeze in before the automatic elevator doors shut and separate them. Chanyeol probably didn't hear it, but this was a close call. 
Only D.O calls Chanyeol 'Handsome'. 



This is stupid.. Definitely illegal, and most certainly painful. 

Kyungsoo's lungs release the pressured air out in a deep sigh and he lets his body fall sideways and nudge against the elevator's wall. His head creating a small bump noise when hit with the wall as well. 

He looks at himself in the mirror. Disoriented eyes, sadness spilling out from every patch of expression on his face. He hates this.

Kyungsoo hates D.O.

Kyungsoo also hates Kyungsoo.