Photos and Maori dance.

BLACKPINK (ROSE) X READER
Friday. You wake up kind of excited for tonight’s “party”. Despite the fact of being a person who enjoys the tranquility of her house, you love dancing. You’re very grateful to your favorite artists. You’ve always learnt new choreographies, new moves and, each time, you just noticed, every time you looked at yourself in your mirror, how much your movements improved. The day before SoriNa and Suga invited you to attend the YG’s “night” club, just to have fun and relax… You need it. 3 days have passed since you arrived in Korea and you’ve just visited 1% of the city with Suga and the rest of the time you were at work or sleeping… You’re young and hanging around with people started to feel like a necessity, for the first time…

While choosing what to wear you remember that your boss told you that marketing is a “free expression” kind of space… No one there follows a certain rule in terms of clothes. Actually, you’ve never seen someone dressing classy at YG…. You decide to go for a street style, something very common in Korea… In another country they would call you tomboy… That’s the nice thing of living abroad on your own. You don’t know people and people don’t know you. You could dress, act and do whatever you are pleased because you feel that NO ONE can judge you. That’s an awesome experience.

You grab a pair of ripped jeans, a shirt, a hoodie, a pair of sneakers and your jacket. You’re ready to go. While you are driving to get to work, you listen to BLACKPINK’s interview. You don’t really know why, but the only part that actually you are paying attention to is when they’re asked to talk about their type. Rosé, Jisoo and Lisa went for cute; Jennie went for y. You’re impressed “Jennie a savage? Cool”. It’s funny that two days before you were talking with Suga about that you feel kind of gay towards certain idols and other times you feel straight… Right now, you feel gay. You’ve listened to the entire interview and you’re enjoying BLACKPINK even more… You know that once you fell in love with a group there’s no coming back. You’re not into BLACKPINK, yet… But they seem nice.

You park your car, run into the building and wait for the elevator. You look at your clock “7:49am” you smile because you know that’s not late, but it’s not early either. The elevator opens, you jump in and wait till it opens on the third floor.

Finally you jump off it and you walk towards your office. You see that no one is in their office. You just sit into yours and read about WINNER and CL… You’re very excited for todays “examination”, you know you’ll be able to answer, almost, all the questions. You’ve even studied about YG’s building and others artists… Others but BLAKPINK.

Your phone rings, “SoriNa”.

 

“Good morning!” you say.

“Good morning Y/N! How are you? Did you sleep well? ARE YOU READY FOR TONIGHT?” says SoriNa.

“Fine. Yes and a HUGE YES” you say laughing.

“Perfect! The club opens its door at 7pm. Early because, as I’ve told you is for workers and idols… Some are even married and you can imagine what would happen if they comeback home late… So, let’s meet at -2 floor’s studio… The one in which Suga dragged you in, remember?” she laughs.

 

“Ok. Tell me the time when I should be there” you say while watching a picture of CL walking in Paris.

“6:30pm? I should have finished by them… If you don’t see the door open, just push it. I don’t like people who waits for me outside… Also… Nothing! Never mind. See you later, bye” she hangs.

 

 

“Bye” you say.

 

 

Someone is knocking at your door.

 

 

“Come in…” and the door is being opened.

 

“Hi Y/N, I need your help. It seems that everyone is missing from their place and I need help with something…” says the lady.

 

 

You recognize her immediately. The Ray Ban girl who was with BLACKPINK.

 

 

“Tell me...” you say crossing your arms.

 

 

“You see, BLACKPINK had an interview this morning. We just came back here. Yet, we need to post on their instagram’s account something to get the attention of their fans for the upcoming v live. It’s going to be in less than 15 minutes… I don’t see any of your colleagues here and I saw Suga but he’s too busy organizing BLACKPINK schedule and achieving new interviews for them too… Can you help me?” she’s literally begging you.

 

 

You know how tough can be Mr. Yang if people don't do what they’re supposed to do. He has no time to lose and BLACKPINK was, almost, an easy money machine.

 

 

“Yes, sure…” you say.

“Ok, can you follow me?” she asks.

“Yes, sure” you jump off your seat and follow the lady.

 

 

You wait with her for the elevator to arrive. Then the doors open. You jump in, she clicks, the doors closed and the elevator goes up… You wait few seconds “5th floor” you hear.

 She leaves the elevator and you just follow. She opens the door of one of the 10 or more rooms that are in that floor and the both of you get inside.

 

 

You stop and just stare.

 

 

The room is not that huge. There’s a HUGE table in the middle and lots of seats around. You see that 2 people are sitting on the seats and have their arms on the table. In front of them there’re some white boxes, “food” you think, and some chopsticks. On the right side of the wall there’s a little couch on which 2 girls are looking at their phone.

 

The door closes. Everyone is now looking at you… You’re still and you just stare at your surrounding with the most awkward smile. Even though BLACKPINK is not your favorite girl group you can’t deny their beauty… They look so natural right now, almost no makeup and they’re wearing their clothes… They look so… Natural, you might say.

 

“Ok, Y/N? Come…” the lady grabs you from the sleeve of your sweater.

 

“Here, this is our phone… We need to post something on our SNS account and Instagram… You know this stuff… You work in the marketing area… You know how to get the attention of people, right?” she says handling you her phone.

“Yes, sure… Let me see” you grab her phone and look at the member’s SNS and Instagram. You look at some other information about their fans activity, what they post, what they love… and they you laugh.

“Do you have an idea?” the lady asks you.

“Yes, Instagram a group photo. SNS individual photo. Under the picture a little introduction and then the time and lots of love… Less words are better. Aesthetics… As far as I could see you work on that a lot… People love it. We need picture like those… A touch of pureness, clean colors and a natural vibe going on. Do you any pictures that respect what I’ve just said?” you look at the lady.

“I don’t know…” she scrolls around the phone’s gallery.

You feel like you’re being stared… You look in front of you…Rosé is starring at you, Jennie (who initially was sit in the couch) is right behind her whispering right to her right ear something, they laugh and then Rosé cover her face with her hands. Jisoo is trying to balance a bottle of water with her shoulder and Lisa is laying on the sofa looking at her phone.

“I don’t have any…. 10 minutes! OMOOO… They are not even wearing makeup… We can’t tell them to take a selca” the lady starts to scratch her hair and she hit the table with her hands…

 

 

“Don’t worry. Blackpink is young, teenagers you know?… They must have pictures of themselves inside their phones. Just ask them…” you say looking at her.

 

 

“Girls. Do you have pictures of yourself? Really nice ones I mean. Aesthetics…” she says.

 

 

“Yes, but Lisa have them in her phone. She’s the photographer of our group, basically…” Jennie points at Lisa, Lisa is looking at you smiling and kind of confuse.

 

 

“Can you give me your phone Lisa?” the lady asks.

 

“Sure..” Lisa jumps off the couch and walks towards her manager.

“Here, take..” her manager gives Lisa's phone-

 

The four girls are looking at you kind of shocked and worried… Rosé laughs and covers her face… You don’t really know what’s happening but you’re ready to look at her photo’s gallery.

 

 

“Let me see…” you say.

 

 

You start scrolling down… There’re tons of pictures. From cute ones to weird ones, from funny ones to food… Everything. You already had chosen which photos can work, yet you can’t stop looking at the pictures that Lisa took. They looked professional… “This girl is incredibly talented…” then you just stop scrolling and click on a picture… You can’t believe what you’re looking at… If you were a man, something would betray you.

 

 

The picture is an old one… When they were trainees, you might say. You can tell by the natural color of their hair. The first picture is a photo of Jennie and Jisoo in a public bath… They’re … Sited on the edge of the bath, legs crossed and arms over their s… Their tongue stick out… You breathe.

 

 

You scroll to the next picture… You look at Rosé, she’s blushing. It seems that she knows what you are watching. You see her in red lingerie, on her knees, on a bed, laughing… She looks incredibly good… You can’t believe that that angel face would even wear something like that… You’re biting your lips.

 

 

“Done?” asks the lady.

 

 

The phone almost fell from your hands…

 

 

“ME? Oh, YES YES! I chose these 5 pictures, what do you think?” you show her some pictures that Lisa took, and she’s smiling.

 

 

“Let me post them and write something under them and…. that’s it…” you give to the lady her phone. Bow to the girls and open the door and leave…

 

 

You run to your office and sit. You can’t believe what you’ve just seen… “I know that idols think about dirty things like me, but photos??” you remember about Go Hara scandal few years ago when she took some photos in a hotel room and, at the corner of the picture, there was a guy… That thing almost destroyed her career… But what you’ve just seen was more than that… More than you would have even expected to see from some idols… and you’re kind of liking it.

 

 

You plug your headphones to your phone and let Jayden Smith R&B/Hip-Hop’s music drive your thoughts… You do more researches about other topics of your interest, look at some idols pictures on Tumblr and it’s already lunch time.

 

 

You grab your phone and you walk to YG’s cafeteria.

 

 

You text SoriNa and Suga. The first who answers is Suga.

 

 

“Sorry. I won’t make it. See you later”.

 

 

Then SoriNa: “Bring me a Cesar salad with mango juice, and a chocolate chips cookie! Thanks I’m in the dance studio… Come!”

 

 

You laugh. You buy your lunch and hers and leave the cafeteria. You take the stairs because you feel like too… Listening to music make every single action easier. You feel happy, not even knowing why.

 

 

You’re finally in front of the dance studio door, you push the door and get inside.

 

 

“Oh, shi…” you say…

 

 

Right in front of you, sit on a couch: BLACKPINK. They look sweat and tired. On the right you see SoriNa scrolling her iPod…

 

 

“Hey?” you say looking at her… She didn’t listen… You bow awkwardly at BLACKPINK, they all smile and start to nudge each other… You walk slowly towards SoriNa…Finally when you get almost right next to her, you grab her from her left arm… “Hey?” she turns around and smile… She hugs and jumps on you like a koala… You grab her from her legs… You don’t know what’s happening… Yet, you’ve still your headphones on with the same music you were using few hours before… Her legs surround your hips and her arms too. She’s saying something but you don’t get to listen because of your headphones…

 

 

She jumps off you. You look at her in shock. She takes off one of your headphones.

 

 

“Baby! That’s my girl!” she grabs her lunch, runs to where BLACKPINK are and sit right next to Lisa… You remember watching half basically almost all of them… Now, you’ll need to face the reality… They know you’ve watched their photos… “They feel strange as much as you do” you say to yourself. You turn around and look at SoriNa. Yes, you inferred right. She’s sitting right next to BLACKPINK but she’s sitting right next to Rosé… and not Lisa.

They smile at you…

 

 

“Come here Y/N…” she says.

You breathe and walk towards them… You won’t take off the other headphone… You don’t know when you might use your music as a distraction… You look at your watch “12:13… On hour and fifteen minutes… Too much time…”

 

 

You see Jennie making space for you to sit in the middle of her and Rosé. You sit on the floor right in front of them. It’s better to avoid for now to get close to them, physically. The thought of them avoiding you to get closer than you already are. “You need to get to know them better…” said Suga once, yet, now, you know them a little bit TOO much. “You’ll fell in love with them” he said too. Now, you’re looking at them with clothes on, but you know how they looked under their shorts and shirts… You can even infer what type of lingerie they have on too. You laugh, and you’re not even trying to hide it.

 

“Hey??” says SoriNa. You stop thinking and stop your lips…

“Yes?” you say while moving your head following the music that is playing.

“Eat?” she says pointing with her fork the bag in which you have your sandwich and juice..

“Oh, yes…” you open the bag. You grab the sandwich and start eating, you sip a little bit of green juice too… and look around, your head keeps moving at the mid-tempo song you’re listening to.

“So, how was your day?” says SoriNa.

“My day? Normal, yours?” you ask her.

“Normal too… You’re acting weird, you’ve always being weird though…” she laughs and BLACKPINK too.

“Weird? I’m listening to music and I’m thinking about… things…” you nod your head and burst into a laugh. Then serious face again.

“Ok, that was weird… Things? What of things?” she stops eating and crosses her arms.

“Things. Things happen you know… A lot of things… A lot of types of things…” you start to sweat…You jump on your feet, leave your headphones and phone on the floor, turn around and take off your sweater… A little bit of your back got uncovered for few seconds… You hear Rosé telling at someone “Stop…” you throw you sweater on the black couch and sit again, grab your lunch and eat it.

 

You look around searching for your phone… you look at BLACKPINK, they’re pointing at SoriNa who’s plugging your phone… Then music starts playing… You’re thankful that is not KPOP this time. You don’t know why but you feel happy that is something else than KPOP… Lately, you’ve been reading a lot about WINNER and CL, you’ve seen and heard every material they had released… Also, you feel relieved that is Jayden Smith playing… It gives you a kind of mystery aura… You don’t know why but you prefer look like a total weirder and stranger in front of BLACKPINK than an interesting girl, they might want to get closer to you just because you have the same taste on music… Not today… Today you got enough close to them…

 

 

SoriNa comes back to the couch.

 

“So, you still listening to that music?” says SoriNa.

“Me? Kind of…” you say, sipping a little bit of your juice.

“You love listening to every genre of music… You have also Maori’s traditional music on your phone, right?” she asks you.

“Yes, I guess I haven’t deleted after our trip in New Zealand…” you say looking at her.

“From where you’re sit, you look really cute…” she says and they all laughs.

“I guess so… Was that a complement?” you say.

“I don’t know. Ok, do you still have those songs?” she asks jumping off again from the couch and walking towards your phone.

“I said that I don’t really know… Why??” you say looking at her.

“Because someone here grew up there and I bet that she can pull off some Maori’s dance moves” says SoriNa.

You frown your forehead and bit the last piece of your sandwich…

“If you say so…” you say.

Then Tiki Taane’s Tangaroa starts playing…

 

“This is what I was talking about… So? Why are not on your feet yet?” she says looking at BLACKPINK. You’ve just finished eating and you take the bag and the empty plastic glass of juice and throw it inside a dustbin.

“Are you shy?” BLACKPINK laughs.

“If you’re shy, I’ll break the ice… Y/N, let’s dance!” she says running towards you and grabbing your hand… Now you’re in the middle of the room, facing BLACKPINK.

“Shiiiii….t” you say looking at SoriNa.

“Don’t be shy. YOU’VE NEVER ACTED THIS WAY BEFORE, stop… Girls, she’s an amazing Māori dancer… I mean, we’ve spent 2 months in New Zealand… She was doing some charity work and she got the chance to meet some Maori’s mothers… They invited her, and she invited me and another friend of ours… We spent few days with them. Let’s go, common!” she starts dancing… you know that you can do it, but you freeze… You look at BLACKPINK and you can’t believe that this is happening…

 

 

You look at SoriNa she’s putting all of her effort to do it right. Her face expressions are on point, the way she moves her hands and keeps her head still is really good. You smile.

 

You start dancing with her.

 

You forgot that BLACKPINK was right in front of you. Why? Because looking at SoriNa dancing that song reminded you when you were in NZ… That were by far, the best 2 months of your life. You got the chance to surf, to meet new incredible people, to learn a new language and the culture behind the tattoos that, even your dad, decided to have. Hearing that music just give your nice memories to think of, things that you actually forgot… It’s healing… and seeing your best friend dancing like the same King Tuheitia Paki was there watching the performance.

 

Then the song stops. You breathe, feeling relaxed and happy. You look at SoriNa, she’s smiling too.

 

“So? Why didn’t you dance with us?” SoriNa says looking at BLACKPINK. You still don’t know whose she’s talking to because the girls got really close to each other…

“I couldn’t…” says Rosé, hiding behind Jennie’s head.

“I couldn’t either because I haven’t got the chance to learn the dance of Māori people… I just studied their history when I was in primary school in NZ… But nothing else…” says Jennie.

“I get it…” says SoriNa.

 

Then again, your R&B music starts playing…

 

“You, YOU! OMG! That was awesome!” she says to you.

“Yes… I felt happy… You know? Lots of memories came to my mind… You, Valerie, me… That were really good memories…” you hug her.

“You were awesome, by the way” says Jennie.

“Thank you” you say.

 

You look around, look at your watch “1:20pm”

 

You unplug you phone, hugs SoriNa, bow to the girls and then leave the room.

 

Finally you sit are in your office again. You feel relaxed and happy but, at the same time, a little bit weird and curious…

 

Happy and relaxed because dancing Māori’s music lifted you up, and curious because SoriNa was expecting Rosé and Jennie to dance it too… You go on Google, and search for their bio… You laugh. Both of them live in New Zealand. Rosé for almost her entire life, until she come to Korea to become a trainee at YG; while Jennie lived for just 5 years… “You need to get to know them, you’ll fall in love very easily…” said Suga. Maybe, he was right… Working with BLACKPINK wouldn’t be that bad.

 

Then someone knocks at your door.

 

“Come in..” you say.

It’s your boss.

“I’ve been working all day… I couldn’t make it to work because of that… Someday you’ll travel as much as I do” he says smiling.

“So? Ready for your test?” he says.

“Yes” you cross your arms and he sits right in front of you.

 

In less than 20 minutes you covered every single question he had. He was surprise about how much effort you put into it… He didn’t expect that.

 

“So, you know everything about WINNER and CL… BIG BANG and them as solo artists… You know everything about this same company. That’s awesome YET! There’s one more question that I have for you” he says crossing his arms and laying back.

“Tell me” you say doing the same.

“You looked about WINNER and CL mostly. Because I told you to do so… Now you know who your competition is” he says smiling.

“Competition?” you say frowning your forehead.

“Yes, you’re going to work with BLACKPINK… You must know everything about the other products that this company sells, why? Because you WON’T copy the same marketing style that you know, your colleagues have used… and even if you do, people will see YG style in it. You know? BLACKPINK hasn’t been around for a long time and it’s almost useless to analyze every single fact about them, because there’re not many. I’ll help you during a short period of time, then you’ll fly with your own wings, ok?” he says standing up.

“By the way, you did an amazing job with BLACKPINK’s v live advertisement… I was impressed by the accuracy that you had selecting that pictures and the text… You must have seen the ROI…” and the he starts talking about marketing stuff.

 

He smiled all the time, congratulating you and so on…You’re not used to be praised for what you do… You prefer to praise people instead.

 

“Ok, keep working. Now, it’s time to study BLACKPINK… I hope you like them. You must get close to them so, everything that you’ll publish for them, will be the most close of who they really are… Nowadays our consumers and clients wants that. Ok, I must go now, another flight. See you on Monday! Have a nice weekend” he winks and leave the room.

 

Everything I going better than you could imagine. The only part that actually you kind of disagree, for now, was to get close to them… and if he wanted you to publish more material that could actually show their fans about who they are… well… you had a lot of things in your mind but none of them are legal. You laugh.

 

You keep reading about BLACKPINK for a little while, then your phone rings. “SoriNa” again?

You answer the phone.

 

“Tell me” you say.

“Remember 6:30pm, it’s 5:30pm. Also, you forgot something here… I don’t know how you’re not freezing where you are because here we have to keep moving to avoid that” says SoriNa. You look around for your sweater…

“I’ll wait till 6:30pm don’t worry, here the room is warm enough. Also, you should know how much I love cold temperatures…” you say stretching.

“Yes. I just wanted to tell you to not freak out if you can’t find it…” says SoriNa.

“K. See you…” you say.

“Bye!” she says.

 

You go on YouTube and start listening to some music again… This time Māori… you don’t even know how or when but you fell asleep.

 

To be continued… YG Night Club and nice surprises…