Teamwork makes the dream work

Room 614
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun clung onto Byuli as they followed Hyejin and Wheein down the hall, into Room 614.

Yongsun squeezed Byuli’s arm looking around.

“Don’t tell me the school President is scared,” Byuli teased

“Of course not!” Yongsun protested, letting go of her arm reluctantly.

Byuli smiled as she walked ahead, feeling Yongsun grab the back of her sweater.

Wheein walked into the classroom and sat down in the middle of the classroom.

Hyejin followed suit, tapping on the space beside her, motioning for Yongsun and Byuli to sit.

“You know what? I don't think I’m all that interested to know why you’re looking up information about the case anymore,” Yongsun whimpered as she watched Byuli walk over to the girls.

Byuli sat down, “come on, what’s the worst that can happen?”

“I don't know…she could appear,” Yongsun replied sitting down.

Wheein and Hyejin tried to suppress a laugh, looking at Yongsun keep turning around to look behind her.

Byuli cleared , “alright, we’re here. What did you want to show us?”

Wheein looked around the dark room, “I wonder where she is..”

“WHERE WHO IS?!” Yongsun asked in a shrill voice.

“Me!” YeonAh replied happily in between Byuli and Yongsun.

Byuli and Yongsun turned their heads to YeonAh.

Byuli looked straight ahead, pretending she didn't see YeonAh, “this isn’t real, this isn’t real,” she chanted to herself.

On the opposite side, Yongsun convulsed, screaming at the top of her lungs.

“GASGFJDGLKFHBSKJ!!!!!”

Wheein and Hyejin watched in silence, as their unnies continued freaking out.

“Ok, was I worse or better than their reaction?” Hyejin whispered

“Better. Definetely,” Wheein whispered back, not taking her eyes off of them.

 

X

 

After Byuli and Yongsun calmed down, Wheein tapped on Byuli’s leg, “unnie, are you ok now?”

Byuli nodded, giving a look at YeonAh, “I’m sorry I over reacted,” she apologized to everyone.

“Don't worry about it, “YeonAh laughed, “I’m used to it now”

“Yeah I fainted when I first met her,” Hyejin confessed

“Twice,” Wheein added. She tried to ignore the look Hyein was giving her.

Hyejin turned her attention to Yongusn, “unnie, are you ok?”

Yongsun stared past Hyein expressionless, “pfft me? Of course I’m fine”

Hyejin, Wheein and YeonAh looked at Yongsun worried.

“Don’t worry, she’ll be fine,” Byuli put a reassuring arm around her. “So, I still don't get why you guys are so interested in the case”

Hyejin looked at Wheein, waiting for her to answer.

“I don't know. I guess it’s because I was the new kid and had no friends,” Wheein started. She looked at YeonAh and smiled, “YeonAh was the first person to acknowledge me so I wanted to help her”

Yongsun looked over at Wheein, “wow, you’re such an angel,” she admired

Wheein blushed, “an angel? I wouldn't go that far”

Hyejin cleared , “Anyways,” she turned to Byuli, “so what kind of information did you get?”

“Oh! That's right!” Byuli remembered, “taking the papers back out from her bag.

“Cho Eunsil and Son YeonAh were best friends from pre-k up until the beginning of high school,” Byuli started staring at YeonAh, “do you remember her at all YeonAh?”

YeonAh shook her head, “No, the name actually sounds familiar but I can’t put a face on the name”

Yongsun pulled out her phone and typed in Cho Eunsil’s name, “does she look familiar now?” she showed a picture of YeonAh and Eunsil standing together with certificates in their hands.

YeonAh scooted closer peering down at the phone. She stared at Eunsil’s face trying to remember.

“YeonAh stop! Get away!”

“I don't want to be associated with you anymore”

“It’s always about you isn’t it?”

Those words echoed in her head. YeonAh rubbed her temples, “there’s definitely something I remember, but they’re bits and pieces. I’m not even sure if it’s Eunsil saying this,” She winced.

“Well what do you remember? After looking at Eunsil’s picture?” Wheein asked in a soothing voice.

“I don't even know, all I remember was a lot of yelling. Everything was overlapping over one another,” YeonAh responded. She turned to Byuli, “are you sure we were best friends?”

Byuli and Yongsun nodded.

“There are a ton of interviews when you both were in elementary school claiming to be inseparable,” Byuli answered.

“Unfortunately we couldn't find joint interviews with you two anymore after elementary school,” Yongsun added

YeonAh looked back at the picture, “if we were best friends why do I have these horrible memories of us fighting?” she thought to herself

Hyejin noticed YeonAh struggling, “hey, don’t strain yourself too much. We don't expect you to remember everything right here, right now.”

“But if you do remember something, please don't hesitate to tell us,” Wheein added

YeonAh teared up, “what did I do to deserve such great friends?”

Byuli smiled, “don't thank us yet. We aren’t even close to solving it”

Just then her phone rang.

“Hello. You did? You’re 100% sure oppa?” Byuli asked in amazement.

Yongsun raised an eyebrow at her.

“Yeah I know, I totally owe you big time oppa. I’ll treat you to a meal sometime,” she finished, giving the girls around her big thumbs up. She ended the call and gave the biggest smile.

“What was the call about?” Yongsun asked

“A game changer you guys,” Byuli answered with a smile.

 

X

 

YeonAh stood up and folded her arms across her chest, “so your principle changed his name legally? Is that important?”

Byuli nodded, “it’s the biggest clue we have”

“How did you even get that piece of information? I thought only Police Officers had access to that” Hyejin pointed out

Byuli nodded again, “a close oppa I know did me a favor and looked it up. But that’s not the important part.” She looked at Yongsun to continue

“Kwon Jaewon changed his name to Ha NaHoom 4 years ago,” Yongsun started, “since then, Ha NaHoom was transferred to another school in a different district after this one closed down,” Yongsun stated, pointing at the flo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter