YeonAh and Eunsil

Room 614
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“YeonAh-ya!! Wait for me!”

“YeonAh-ya, did you finish the homework last night? What did you get for question 5?”

“Let’s go to lunch~ I packed you an extra pudding cup cuz I know you like them so much hehe”

“You didn’t bring your music book today? You can take mine if you want; I don’t have music ‘til next period”

“YeonAh-ya, don’t just let them bully you. Fight back! Or at least tell me!”

“YeonAh, are you busy? Wanna come to the convenience store with me? It’s my treat~”

All of these memories flooded YeonAh’s mind all of the sudden. The memory of Eunsil always having her hand stretched out to YeonAh, waiting for her to hold it. Eunsil, her best friend Eunsil. How could she forget her?

“YeonAh, are you ok?” Wheein stared back at her with worried eyes.

YeonAh touched her face, not realizing she was crying. “Why am I crying?” she thought to herself. She nodded her head smiling; “yeah I’m fine” she walked past Wheein into Eunsil’s apartment.

Eunsil put a tray of water down on the table in front of the girls, “So do you girls usually visit and enter stranger’s houses?” she sat down on the opposite side, with the mysterious man.

YeonAh stared at Eunsil’s face. This is her best friend. Cho Eunsil, the girl who used to protect YeonAh when the older kids knocked her down. She watched Eunsil smile, she still had that toothy grin. But something about her smile wasn’t the same.

“Ah, that’s right,” she turned to the man, “did you introduce yourself?”

He scoffed, “why should I introduce myself first? I’m the older one”

She shook her head and sighed, “this is why a lot of people avoid you. Your social skills are really something else.” She turned back to the girls, “this is Han Woohyuk. Don’t mind him, most people don’t.”

The girls gave a polite bow.

Yongsun smiled, “We apologize for showing up unexpected but we were wondering if you could answer some questions”

Eunsil smoothed her skirt, “of course, what about the publishing business did you want to know?”

Wheein looked at the other girls in confusion, “I beg your pardon?”

Now Eunsil was the one confused, “That’s what you’re here for right? I’ve had a lot of high school students asking me questions because they’re interested in the career”

Byuli shook her head, “I’m sorry, but we’re here to ask questions about Son YeonAh”

Eunsil’s smile suddenly disappeared, her eyes suddenly tearing up.

Woohyuk’s body went tense. He stood up, “why? What business do you have with YeonAh? You’re not even our juniors!”

YeonAh’s ears pricked up at the word juniors, “he went to the same school?” she looked at his face closely. “Han Woohyuk…Han Woohyuk” Her eyes widened as she remembered him. He was the short, timid kid who sat at the back of the class. She laughed to herself as she watched Woohyuk try to calm down, “you grew up well Woohyuk-ah”

“No, we don’t go to the same high school as YeonAh unnie, but she’s someone very important to us” Hyejin responded

“We just want some answers,” Wheein added carefully

“Then look up the articles!” Woohyuk huffed

“Han Woohyuk, calm down!” Eunsil finally spoke, pulling him back down onto the couch. She turned her attention back to the girls. Taking a deep breath and a lot of courage she asked, “what about YeonAh did you want to know?” she picked at her fingernails

Byuli spoke first, “well YeonAh said she doesn’t remember what happened that night or how she died”

“So we’re trying to figure it out for her” Yongsun added

Woohyuk narrowed his eyes at them, “you’re speaking in present tense”

Hyejin nodded, “correct”

“You do understand that she’s dead right?” Woohyuk raised an eyebrow at them. Eunsil nudged him hard in the ribs, “you’re being very rude right now you know” Woohyuk made a face at her, not appreciating being treated like a child.

Wheein forced back a smile, “well you aren’t going to believe us, but she’s here right now”

“Wha- what a-a-are you saying right now??” Woohyuk stammered

Eunsil shuffled uncomfortably, “are you for real?”

All the girls nodded their heads at the same time.

“Is there any way you can prove it?” Eunsil asked

“YeonAh said she thought she told you to stop that habit of picking at your fingernails,” Wheein relayed.

Eunsil immediately stopped picking. She can vividly remember YeonAh nagging her to quit that habit.

“Eunsil-ah, girls should have pretty fingers. As violinists, our fingers are already calloused. Picking at it is just going to make it worst”

Eunsil blinked back tears, “that’s just a coincidence. Anyone could have guessed that.”

“She also said that your apartment’s a little messy, but it’s expected of you,” Yongsun looked away, embarrassed that she passed that message on.

Eunsil jumped up from her seat, “what do you mean it’s expected?! She’s the one who was too much of a neat freak!” she countered

“She said she’s joking. She said it to see if your reaction was still the same,” Byuli said, “and it is”

Eunsil stopped and looked at them. Why did she get the feeling that they were telling the truth?

Eunsil inched forward, “why can you guys see her but we can’t?”

“We’re not sure either,” Wheein answered looking at YeonAh

Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter