Memories

Room 614
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All the girls quickly looked at the man. YeonAh slowly hid behind Wheein as they rode the elevator down.

“Are you sure?” Yongsun mouthed to YeonAh. She nodded her head fast and pointed to him, “it’s 100% him.”

Hyejin stood parallel from the man, she took her phone and pretended to look at herself with the camera, “urgh my skin is so dry from this weather,” she quickly took 3 decent photos of the man before she tucked it back into her pocket.

The girls looked at one another with nervous eyes. “What should we do?” Byuli asked Yongsun with her eyes.

Before Yongsun could answer, the elevator doors opened, and then man stepped out walking into the lobby.

The girls exited the elevator as well. “Alright, 2 of us will follow him and the other 2 will warn Eunsil,” Yongsun ordered.

“No, it might be too dangerous for you guys,” YeonAh quipped. “Yongsun and Byuli, please alert a police officer.” The two girls nodded. “Wheein and Hyejin, please warn Eunsil about him,” she pointed to herself, “I’ll follow him. He can’t see me anyways.”

The girls broke up into their groups with an anxious feeling.

As Hyejin and Wheein rode the elevator back up to Eunsil’s floor, Wheein let out of a loud sigh and closed her eyes. Never in her life did she think she would be involved in something this scary.

“Jung Wheein, are you ok?” Hyejin asked as she looked into her eyes.

Wheein opened them, “yeah, it’s just a little too much to take in right now,” she smiled weakly

Hyejin held her hand, “we’re all in this together, so don’t worry,” she comforted.

The doors opened, they both took a big breath before they walked towards Eunsil’s door.

 

X

 

“Darn it!” Byuli huffed as she and Yongsun ran to the police station, “Why isn’t he picking up his phone?!”

They burst through the front doors. Byuli went up to the front desk, “excuse me, is Officer Lee Minhyuk here?” she leaned on the desk, trying to catch her breath.

“May I ask what business you have?” The female officer asked

Byuli looked at Yongsun. “It’s personal,” Yongsun answered. Byuli looked at her with a confused expression.

The officer gave them a suspicious look, but picked up the phone, “yes, is Officer Lee in the building?” The girls watched patiently as they saw the one sided phone conversation, “Yes I understand. Thank you.” She put the phone back down, “Officer Lee is unfortunately suspended for the time being,” she informed.

“Suspended??” Byuli asked, “for what?!” Yongsun pulled her away from the desk, “thank you very much,” she nodded to the officer. She led Moonbyul back towards the door. “Yongsun what are you doing? Shouldn’t we at least tell someone?”

Yongsun let go of Byuli's arm, “we can’t just barge in there making these accusations”

Byuli frowned at her, “YeonAh said she’s 100% sure it’s him”

“But she’s not a liable source Byul-Ah,” Yongsun walked towards the sidewalk, “she’s dead remember? How are we supposed to explain that to the Police? They’ll think we’re crazy.”

Byuli sighed, knowing she was right.

“Byul-ah, let’s go see that police oppa you know,” Yongsun suggested.

 

X

 

Wheein gave the door three timid knocks and waited beside Hyejin. The door opened a couple seconds later.

“Oh, did you forget something?” Eunsil asked, opening the door wider for them to come in. They walked inside carefully, not wanting to sit down.

“Eunsil ssi, do you remember this person?” Hyejin held up her phone, showing her the new pictures she took just minutes ago.

Eunsil peered closer, squinting, “I’m not sure. Why do you ask?”

Hyejin looked at Wheein, “well you see,” she started, “I’m not sure how to say this…”

“YeonAh said this is the man that killed her,” Wheein finished for her.

There was a silence between all three of them. Eunsil’s expression changed. She grabbed the phone with unsteady hands and looked at the pictures again.

Wheein and Hyejin looked on with sympathetic eyes.

“Sh-she s-sure? About this man?” Eunsil asked in a shaky voice.

Hyejin nodded. Eunsil exhaled sharply, not realizing that she was holding her breath the entire time.

“But the thing is,” Wheein added hesitantly, “we saw him in the elevator in this building”

Eunsil’s eyes went wide, she could feel her legs giving way. Wheein quickly caught her and placed her on the couch.

“We only saw him in the elevator, so we’re not sure if he actually lives in the building,”Wheein assured.

“But just to make sure, we’d advise not to go out alone…” Hyejin added.

“Shouldn’t we alert the police or something?” Eunsil suggested

“Don’t worry, Byuli unnie and Yongsun unnie are already doing that,” Wheein answered. She stood up and walked back towards Hyejin. “Don’t worry, Eunsil unnie, we’ll help clear your name.”

Eunsil smiled weakly, “thanks guys.”

Hyejin gave a reassuring smile back, “please take care of yourself until then.” She gestured for Wheein to leave, “we’ll see ourselves out.”

Eunsil watched them leave. “Don’t worry Eunsil unnie, we’ll help clear your name” those words echoed in her mind. Her eyes wandered around her apartment and stopped at her violin case, collecting dust in the corner of the room. She did have a hard time with everyone pointing fingers at her when YeonAh died, but rather than clearing her name, she just wanted YeonAh to get the justice she deserved.

 

X

 

Byuli walked up the last flight of stairs, “alright, this is it,” she stood in front of a bare apartment door.

Yongsun appeared at the top of the stairs a couple seconds later, clearly out of breath, “alright, let’s do this.”

Moonbyul stifled a laugh, “are you sure? Wanna catch your breath for a minute? Or like 10?” she giggled

Yongsun made a face at her, too tired to hit her.

“Moon Byuli?”

Byuli turned around, “oh oppa, there you are. Where did you come from?”

Minhyuk appeared from the opposite side of the hallway, “the elevator. What are you doing here?”

Byuli dropped her backpack from her shoulder, “we wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter