Epilogue

The problem with physics

Daehyun was fiddling with his phone waiting for the headmaster to finally finish his speech. He really didn’t understand why he had to sit here when he obviously already received his diploma. The boy glanced over the folded piece of paper.

“Can you believe Jongin that we’ve been through all this crap for a freaking piece of paper?” Daehyun whispered to his friend’s ear.

“Pathetic. But at least mine looks truthfully. Like I didn’t give a . Which I didn’t actually. And yours… wow man you even have one A.” Jongin whistled quietly.

“From PE. That doesn’t count.” Hummed Daehyun in reply and glanced again. That’s truth, during last few months he really put a lot of effort into school. He managed to pass all the exams at the first try and even though some of his results weren’t as good as he had expected he still was proud of himself. A year ago results like these were above of his dreams. He started playing with the wisp of his recently dyed red hair. He liked them. Dying his hair on a new colour felt like starting new chapter of his life. For all these months he had been trying to start over and over again but he still had a thing for his wild hair colours. It seemed like the head-master was slowly coming to the end of his speech.

Daehyun glanced on his lock screen. He still had plenty of time. Really it was a pain in the that the students with the best results had an ending academy earlier. He smiled to himself. That was probably the biggest perk of having a great grades.

The school orchestra finally started playing the school’s anthem. Boys and girls with their laughs and loud talks of course made the music almost impossible to hear. The crowd of thirsty of holiday people flooded out of the hall. Daehyun was looking around for a very specific face when group of girl bumped into him with innocent smiles.

“Daehyunnie…” the blond girl smiled sweetly “The school year is over you know… You can take care of other business now.” She blew her lips and Daehyun couldn’t help but smile at her.

“Sooo… how would it be Daehyunie…” asked other girl and wrapped her arm around Daehyun’s “Previous few months must have been really hard for you… We heard that you had to focus on your studies.”

Daehyun delicately took girl’s arm and started rubbing her hand causing the girl to smile.

“My dear…?”

“Jonyoul.”

“My dear Jonyoul, you probably heard the rumours but didn’t quite believed into them.” Smirked Daehyun and he could have sworn that he heard Jonyoul’s heart started beating faster “I completely gave up on the life I used live. I just don’t do these kind of things anymore. Sorry.” He let go off Jonyoul’s hand.

He saw in girl’s eyes that they were lost. He suspected that they didn’t expect the answer he gave them. He quickly took a peek at his phone to check the time. He wasn’t late yet.

“Girls I gotta go now but…”

“But we thought that now since you don’t have anything to do we could meet and have fun!” Jonyoul looked devastated. Her high-pitched voice raised few octaves higher.

Daehyun sighed. He couldn’t recall how many of these type of conversation he had during past few months. Breaking with the old imagine wasn’t as easy as he thought he would be. Surprisingly it wasn’t so hard for him. But the people around him… they seemed to couldn’t accept the fact that he was trying to change himself. Almost as if they were trying to tell him that he couldn’t change as long as they saw in him his old self.

“Jonyoul, I’m sure that you are a lovely girl, with beautiful face and personality and that you are charming and-“

“Bomb in the sheets!” squealed another girl and Daehyun had to suppress the chuckle.

“Well, that I don’t know and I probably never will.” He said and patted Jonyoul’s head “Believe me that are many good boys looking for a high quality girl like you. Go and find yourself someone better than me.”

“But everybody knows that you are single and the best Daehyunnie!” another girl who was silent till now whined.

Daehyun felt a shy blush crawling on his cheeks. That was still new feeling for him but whenever someone was implying Daehyun being single or not having the object of an interest, he couldn’t fight the redness on his face.

“Maybe I am, maybe I am not. That’s none of your business right now.” He mumbled and turned away his eyes. He really should get going.

“Awww! So you by any chance have a crush on someone!” squealed the whiny girl  and grabbed Daehyun’s sleeve. “For how long?”

“Longer than you suspect.” Huffed Daehyun “And now ladies let me leave you I have things to do.” He said and knowing that he should at least reward them for their attempts. Daehyun had already worked out that just because people couldn’t understand his change, they shouldn’t be punished for that. He sighed once again and curled up his lips, creating one of his famous smiles. Girls blushed and waved to him as he was started walking down the hall.

He didn’t get to reach the staircase when he felt an arm wrapping around his shoulder.

“One minute you’re next to me and suddenly you’re gone.” Jongin crooked his head “Where are you heading to?”

“None of your business… Can’t you people just leave me alone for a minute?” groaned Daehyun.

“You’re famous Jung Daehyun. You own every heart on this school. Even professors started liking you. There’s no way you could be alone for a minute or two, unless it’s in your room with someone else.” Grinned Jongin widely and Daehyun slightly punched him in his stomach.

Few months ago he had been trying to explain Jongin that he was trying to change himself and the other promised him that he would help but little did Daehyun know that Jongin’s help was mainly about him sharing his sarcastic comments. Nether less Daehyun was still happy to have a friend like that. Most of his previous “friends” turned his back on him when he clearly explained him that he didn’t have them in his bed (no, neither “ in his bathroom or on a rooftop”). Jongin even though he had problems with adjusting to the changes Daehyun was forcing into his life, decided to stay there. He didn’t know the reason why Daehyun decided to change his life-style. He was trying to seek that question into their conversation but every time he hitting the wall.

“Is there a possibility that you are going to meet with someone?” Jongin smiled innocently and seeing Daehyun’s messy eyes started laughing “Finally man! It’s been so long!”

“You-you know that I…” stuttered Daehyun.

“I don’t know who, I don’t know how but I was sure that there was a certain someone.” Grinned Jongin even wider.

Daehyun dumb folded. He wasn’t sure if he should appear with Jongin. And he wasn’t sure if he wanted to go with Jongin himself.

Seein that the latter laughed. He had nice laugh, loud and honest, no like most of the people Daehyun used to laugh with.

“Don’t worry I won’t spy on you. Just… Just let me know how did it went.” He winked “I think I deserve at least that.”

"I will." Daehyun bit his lip. He really was lucky to have someone like Jongin.

"Ok. Then I will get going. You know where to find me if you're gonna get your heart broke. But hopefully you won't!" said Jongin and turned around. Soon after that he disappeared in the crowd, probably lookinf for Kyungsoo. Daehyun smiled and leaned against the wall, he should probably go upstairs but he just needed to take few more breaths. 

                                                                                                           ----------------------------------------

Youngjae looked at his watch. There was still plenty of time yet he felt a little bit annoyed with all these waiting. The sun was almost at its highst point on the sky and the rooftop was getting more and more hot. Youngjae wiped a drop of sweat strolling down his neck. He was sitting in the shadow and didn't see the door but he was sure he would hear if the door was opening. He was nervous. It's been 7 months since they're last (and only) meeting. He was aware that the meeting could be forgotten. Yes, over these month he had witnessed an amazing change in someone's attitude. It didn't cause Youngjae's feelings to grow though. He wasn't sure if the can grow even bigger. But it for sure tickled his ego just a little bit. to know that the person you love was changing for you even though you didn't ask for that, even though he was perfect the person he was... 

Youngjae sighed. But still... somewhere in the middle he could have forgotten the main goal. And Youngjae wouldn't blame him if that's what happaned. He wanted to talk with him at least once more though. tell him that his feelings didn't change.

Small blow of wind Youngjae's raven hair and he closed his eyes. First blows pf the summer. It could be either the best summer of his life or the worst rest of his life. Nothing in between. Or at least that's how he saw it. 

A dark shadow fell upon Youngjae's closed eyes. The napping boy blinked few times. Someone was staring into him. Intensively.

"So you're really waiting for me here, huh?" a voice rang in Youngjae's ears.

"Of course. I promised." he replied with a slight smile.

"How long have you been waiting?" asked Daehyun and offered Youngjae a hand to help him get up.

"Probably whole life." Youngjae chuckled and wrapped his fingers around Daehyun's big hand. He felt little muscles moving under the touch. He shivered. It felt nice.

Daehyun vigorously pulled Youngjae up. They were facing each other now. The sun was shining aggressively but somehow the brightest thing for Youngjae was Daehyun.

"How you changed your mind?" asked Daehyun quietly.

"No. Have you?" Youngjae croked his head.

"Of course not!" puffed Daehyun.

"You know what relationship with me means. I'm not into... you know what." Youngjae turned away his gaze. There was a chance that Daehyun forgot or thought that maybe something changed Youngjae's mind. After all he had never explained his how does it work.

Daehyun smiled faintly.

"As long as it's considered a realtionship I'm totally fine. I don't need your body. I need your heart and soul."

"I would say that you already have them but I guess I shouldn't just give you everything at the beginning." chuckled Youngjae and felt arms wrapping around his waist "Daehyun I'm sweaty..." he blushed slightly.

Daehyun hummed.

"I've been waiting to do this for years, there's no way the weather could ruin that moment." he whispered and before Youngjae could reply anything he was being tightly hugged. Daehyun's head was leaning over Youngjae's shoulder and his red hair were probably slightly dying his white shirt.

"I'm still not as perfect as I should be for you Youngjae..." whispered Daehyun to Youngjae's ear "But if you let me I will keep changing for you and next to you."

Youngjae put his hands on Daehyun's chest. How the latter could stand in the heat wearing the leather jacket was still a mistery to him.

"You're stupid sometimes... I've already told you that all time time you could have been changing next to me."

"I was! I was changing near to your heart!" smirked Daehyun.

"Ugh cheesy..." mumbled Youngjae.

"It's not some random cheese! It's Cheddar!"

"then it's gonna be smelly in any minute soon." groaned Youngjae "Let's go down. I'm seriously melting up here. Do you wanna grab a coffee or something?"

"Can I consider it a date?"

"Maybe." hummed Youngjae and opened door for Daehyun.

"Sign me up for this ." said Daehyun and placed a quick kiss on Youngjae's cheek.

"Hey! Not before first date you flirt!" yelled Youngjae but Daehyun was already running down the staircase.

"Consider this a pre-da(te)-but!" laughed Daehyun.

"It was worth everything." he whispered to himself seeing Youngjae running after him. "Like damn it was worth everything"

 

 

N/A

This is the end my friends. I had fun writing this and I hope that you have fun while reading this. And I hope that the ending doesn't seem rushed. From the beggining the action was meant end with a time-lapse. 

Anyway's thank you fpor sticking around and (I hope to) see you in another story!'

With love,

Checlie