Chapter 3

The problem with physics

Daehyun’s POV

“Wow, he’s really here…. I can’t believe it. This pure little human roll is really in my house. And he was even merciful enough to forgive my mother for her mistakes.

And he is so patient. I mean… I know I’m dumb but he even let me tell the answer to the question first! I know that he got it right long before me… But pretended that I was the first one! I’m so happy. I don’t know if any can repay him for that but I will do my best. I can’t lie myself- I’d prefer to just hold his hand and gently squeeze his waist while watching some stupid movie but I know that as everyone he expects me to… well… with him. He wouldn’t agree without that. He may hate me but I saw his eyes shining… I know what he wishes for. Sad life of school’s boy. Everyone just expect from me. It’s all because of that stupid mistake few years ago… Now I’m just used to it. To my breaks and nights looking like that. It feels more like a duty than a pleasure it’s supposed to me.

He said he’d call his mother to ask if he can stay over-night. Oh, he’s probably talking with her right now… I wonder how is it to have such a wonderful son! I mean… I just look at him and see an angel. I’m so grateful that he agreed to help me out. This is the best day of my life!”

                                                                              ----------------------------

Youngjae was leaning over the door in Daehyun’s house. He had already called his mother to inform her that Himchan begged him to stay overnight. His mother didn’t have any objections as usual. She sounded almost happy actually.

Youngjae was bitting his lips. He couldn’t believe that he was sleepovering at his crush’s house. Daehyun even gave him his own t-shirt. Raven haired boy looked at the neatly folded shirt lying on the cupboard next to him. Something in him was too scared to actually touch it not to mention wearing. But then if he wouldn’t wear it he would have been a creep right? His breath was shallow and fast. He really couldn’t believe that two rooms next to him, Daehyun was waiting for him to come back.

“We really are getting closer.” Whispered Youngjae and looked at the mirror in front of him. His eyes were shining brightly even he could notice that. His cheeks were slightly pink and the corners of his lips were sneakily wandering up. That really was the best day of his life. Not only he confirmed that Daehyun wasn’t the person this school was creating him to be but also he was seeming to like Youngjae.

He caressed the grey t-shirt lying next to him. Youngjae knew this shirt. Daehyun was wearing it approximately once a month. Daehyun generally seemed to be liking colour grey. Grey, dark green and black. These are the colours he had been wearing the most often.

Suddenly someone knocked the door.

“Are you alright there Youngjae?” asked Daehyun concerned.

“Y-yes! Sorry, just give 5 minutes!” yelled back Youngjae. His voice was shaking a little bit. All evening long he had managed to keep it clear and calm but now he just couldn’t control it. He heard Daehyun’s care feet moving away from the door probably back to the bedroom.

Finally Youngjae took off his own shirt and trousers. Standing only in boxers he unfolded the shirt and gently slipped his hands into the sleeves. He took a deep breath. That must be Daehyun’s natural scent. And little bit minty and a little bit leatherly (must be thanks to the leather jackets he liked so much). He tightly hugged his own arms imagining that he’s holding no one else than the boy sitting few meters away behind the walls.

                                                               --------------------------------------------

Youngjae entered the room still a little bit under the “spell” of Daehyun’s scent. His legs seems as fluffy and candy cotton and his brain remained a wet sponge. Nothing was left after Youngjae’s well-known intelligence. He was wearing Daehyun’s clothes right now and that was all that mattered to him.

Daehyun was sitting on his bed playing with his phone. When he noticed Youngjae he immediately put it down. The latter felt a little bit unsure under Daehyun’s dark gaze. Even though he saw kindness in that black orbs, they still were too distant and mysterious to read them. Youngjae was trying his best to squeeze some subject to talk about out of his spongy brain when Daehyun giggled.

It was so random and out of place that Youngjae’s cheeks burnt with pure crimson.

“What-what’s so funny?” he stuttered still blushing.

“Nothing it’s just this shirt is way too big for you.” Daehyun chuckled again “Especially in the shoulders.” He smirked when Youngjae tried to pull up the sleeves.

Daehyun got up and moved closer to the boy who still was standing in the open door.

“Don’t.” he said softly to struggling Youngjae and put his hand on the other’s shoulder “It’s adorable who smol you are.” He whispered and left the room mumbling something about taking a shower. The fact that he was showering before was left uncommented by both boys.

When Youngjae realised that he was once again alone in the room he softly sank into the fluffy carpet lying in the middle of the room. If he felt like sponge before now he must have been some kind of protozoan. Daehyun’s warm touch and gentle words left his not only mute but almost unable to breathe. His breath was shallow and fast. He was trying to put down the stupid smile which bloomed on his face but it kept re-appearing. Finally unable to win with his own body he clenched his hand on the shirt and lied on the floor. He snuggled his face into the carpet.

Since he remembered he was quietly dreaming about Daehyun’s hands on his shoulders and around his waist. He was just as warm and his touch was just as kind and welcoming as Youngjae was imagining. And damn… he missed that feeling already.

“This is bad Yoo Youngjae. No matter what Daehyun’s used to telling lovely little-nothings and soft flirts. What he have done earlier probably means nothing to him. Calm down Youngjae. Please calm down. Don’t give yourself hope. You know that you two are no match. Deep down you know that, right Youngjae? You know that it’s only a platonic feeling, right? You must realise that before Daehyun will be back from the bathroom, Youngjae. This is-“

“What exactly are you doing?” Youngjae heard a voice above him and then dark shadow landed on his face. He raised up his eyes. Daehyun was squatting next to him with way too many questions marks all over his face. Youngjae blushed seeing that Daehyun was wearing only a pair of boxers and a towel hung on his shoulder. He might be aual but he still could admire a good body right?

Silence was growing between these two when Youngjae realised that Daehyun was still waiting for the answer to the question.

“Yes, sorry I was just tired and this place seems so fluffy.” He finally said.

Daehyun laughed.

“You are a weird guy Youngjae.” He said and ruffled Youngjae’s raven hair which made the latter sank into the carpet even more. After what seemed like an eternity to blushing Youngjae (still trying to hide his red face in the white carpet) Daehyun moved on his bed where he started to dry up his hair with the towel.

“Youngjae?” he asked in the middle of drying.

“Mhm?” mumbled back Youngjae still trying to become a liquid and sinking into the carpet completely.

“Do you feel ashamed right now?”

*long silence*

“Noooo…” hummed Youngjae weakly.

“Then why won’t you come here. I don’t bite until you let me you know…” chuckled Daehyun again. And in other circumstance Youngjae would for sure notice the Daehyun was in a great mood today.

“Okay…” said Youngjae finally getting up from the floor. He was slowly moving forward Daehyun’s bed with his eyes fixed on his feet. He stopped when he encountered the said of the bed. The next thing he felt was Daehyun’s gentle fingers around his wrist. He hadn’t even realised what was happening until his bare thigh touched Daehyun’s tanned (and of course also care) thigh. He quickly moved it away. Even though he couldn’t make himself to look at Daehyun something in the air was telling him that he was smiling at his reaction. Soon after that he started ruffling his hair with towel again.

Meanwhile Youngjae decided to appreciate the softness of Daehyun’s mattress. At the same time he was trying to push aside the thoughts of two of them softly hugging each other on the bed, under this sheets.

“I swear this is scene straight out of some fluffy fanfic…” he thought and another wave of soft images flooded his mind. He peeked at Daehyun and their eyes met. Both of the boys fast looked in the other direction.

“Do-do you need some help with drying your hair?” asked Youngjae finally, noticing that Daehyun stopped doing that yet his hair were still wet.

“I’m used to falling asleep with wet hair, don’t worry.” Replied the latter and Youngjae noted that his voice and hands are a little bit jolty.

“But you can’t go to sleep with wet hair! You’re gonna catch a cold!” he puffed and not having a full control over his own body, he grabbed Daehyun’s towel and moved behind the latter. He slightly leaned forward and moved his lips close to Daehyun’s ear “Here, let me help you.” Said Youngjae and backed. Soon his hands holding the towel was gently rubbing and ruffling Daehyun’s blonde locks.

Neither of the boys spoke a word during the whole “ceremony”. Youngjae hands were moving around Daehyun’s head without a rush, causing the school’s bad-boy to close the eyes. At first his breath was shallow but after few minutes it calmed down. Youngjae mentally sighed. He was glad that Daehyun was able to relax in his presence. Even in such an awkward situation. He wished Daehyun’s hair never got dry but then… that was the point of hole action.

Minutes were passing and finally Youngjae’s left hand let go off the towel. He put it on his lap and continued work with only right hand.

Daehyun opened his left eye and looked from behind the shoulder.

“Tired?” he asked cockily.

Youngjae shook his head.

“Not really. It’s just…”

“Then don’t stop!” puffed Daehyun “It’s nice what you were doing…” he added and closed eye again.

Youngjae looked down at his hand lying on the lap and raised it up to Daehyun’s blonde halo. His fingers gently dived into the tangle of the locks. Hair was almost completely dry and pleasantly soft after the shower. He moved his hand and let his fingers slip on Daehyun’s head.

Daehyun let a quiet moan.

“This is really nice.” He whispered.

Encouraged Youngjae moved the towel aside and let the other hand also sink into Daehyun’s fluffy hair. He was gently rubbing his skin and playing with little wisps on hair. He noticed that his natural hair colour was slowly showing through the blonde hair-dyer. It was visible from the bigger distance and Youngjae felt as if by seeing these dark parts of Daehyun’s hair he was getting closer to the person he was so deeply in love with. He let his hands slowly wander in Daehyun’s tangled hair for a little while but after few minutes he decided to move aside and sat on the opposite side of the bed.

Youngjae hugged his legs with both of his arms. And looked at his hands. Few lost and weak single hair got stucked between his fingers. The thought of keeping them as a treasure flashed his mind but he quickly put it aside and moved his gaze up. Daehyun was staring into Youngjae very intensely. Actually the stare was that intense that Youngjae shivered under it. He really didn’t understand what was this evening and night. Was it all happening for real? Or was it just another dream.

He noticed single drop of water streaming down Daehyun’s spine. He blushed.

Daehyun was so abnormally beautiful. He thought and fixed his eyes into Daehyun’s eyes.

“What?” he asked belligerently, not really sure why.

“Nothing. You’re just… You’re a weird guy Youngjae.” Said Daehyun and shook his head almost in a disbelief.

“My friend Himchan tells me that every day.”  Giggled Youngjae.

“But probably not in the way you mean it…” he added in his head but decided to keep that for himself.

“Really? Why does he tell you that every day?” Daehyun raised his eyebrow and crawled in Youngjae’s direction.

Youngjae laughed nervously.

“Ah you know… friends’ stuff.” He said and as he finished the sentence he realised that Daehyun was already sitting next to him and touching his hand Youngjae’s arm. He was drawing little circles on the latter’s pale skin.

“Friends’ stuff?” asked Daehyun “Then maybe you will be able to tell me that one day?”

Youngjae gulped. The sound of it seemed to be louder than an avalanche.

“Maybe.” He replied curtly.

Daehyun didn’t react and kept drawing circles on Youngjae’s  arm.

“Ah, I’m a little bit tired.” Yawned Youngjae theatrically “So where am I going to sleep today?” he asked and jumped off the bed. The place where Daehyun drew circles was still burning from the touch.

Daehyun looked weirdly at Youngjae.

“What do you mean? Of course you’re going to sleep in my bed.” He said as if it was the most normal thing on the world and Youngjae was insane.

“Where are you going to sleep then?” asked Youngjae again, not really sure if he wanted to know the answer.

Daehyun raised his eyebrow again and smirked innocently.

“Also here . Get into the bed and I’m going to turn off the light if you’re so tired.” He said and before Youngjae could blink the room went dark. Even the moonlight was hidden with heavy, dark curtains hanging in the windows. Youngjae reached out his hands trying to find his way back on the bed.

Only when he finally located the bed and even managed to sit on it, he felt uncomfortable.

He was alone in Daehyun’s room with Daehyun in his own bed.

Jung Daehyun. School’s master of sheets. The leading boy of this generation.

Youngjae pinched himself in the thigh.

That was Daehyun. “His” Daehyun. Gentle man. Not someone created by this sick society. Of course he wouldn’t hurt Youngjae, right?

Youngjae moved up the bed still not being able to see much. He reached out his hand once again.

It hit something. Something warm and pretty hard. Youngjae innocently patted the surface. It took him only a moment to realise that he was touching nothing else that Daehyun’s care chest.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to…” he gasped suddenly glad that all the lights were turned off.

“Don’t worry…” he heard back. The voice he heard was different from the one he knew. It was much lower and almost dangerous. Youngjae wanted to quickly take away his hand but before he manged to do that something grabbed him and pulled forward.

                                                               --------------------------------------------

Youngjae was lying on Daehyun’s chest and had no idea what to do. He knew that dozens of people would love to be on his place right now but he seriously had what idea what to do. Daehyun’s intentions were slowly becoming more and more clear to Youngjae. Was that possible that Youngjae was mistaken when he judged Daehyun as kind, humble and nothing like the others’ treated him like? Was he that wring? He was asking himself.

Meanwhile Daehyun warm hand was slowly moving up and down Youngjae’s spine. Maybe in other situation Youngjae would be freaking out with happiness but the ual aspect of this move was too aggressive for him to handle. His body was whole tensed. Long time ago he came to realisation that maybe one day he would have to force himself to have with his partner but it would be only to satisfy his lovely half of orange. He for sure didn’t want to do this now and there.

Suddenly Daehyun flipped sides and now Youngjae was lying under him. Daehyun’s hand was tracing down Youngjae’s chest under his own grey shirt. His fingers were slipping on his stomach and Youngjae just couldn’t stop himself from shivering.

Daehyun leaned down and Youngjae felt his hot breath on his neck.

“Why are you shivering Youngjae?” he asked, modulating his voice in well trained way.

Youngjae closed his eyes tightly and remained silent not really knowing what to do.

His crush was above him. Half- and ready to the out of him but Youngjae didn’t feel well. And because of that he didn’t know what to do. The storm of thoughts was spinning in his head. If he pushed Daehyun now… That was absolutely crushing all the hopes on the future friendship, not to mention relationship, right?

Daehyun’s hand traced the line of Youngjae’s boxers.

“I’m gonna make you feel so good Youngjae… Don’t worry… Nothing kindly, just an honest thank-you .”

Youngjae opened his eyes.

“Thank-you ?” what the hell was that?

Sour saliva filled Youngjae’s mouth and he felt he couldn’t stand it anymore. He knew that most likely he wouldn’t be able to make a sound but he decided to give it a try knowing that he wasn’t able to move either. His body was listening to him.

“No.” he whispered faintly. Daehyun’s body immediately tensed.

“What?” the voice above him snapped. That was a mixture of aggression, confusion and mostly…. Hurt.

“No.” repeated Youngjae this time stronger.

Daehyun moved his hand away of Youngjae’s chest and hips. The heaviness moved on the left side of Youngjae. Even though he couldn’t see Daehyun’s he knew that he was sitting on his ankles.

“But… I don’t understand… Than what do you want from me…” another of Daehyun’s voices filled the space. This one sounded vulnerable and delicate.

“I don’t want anything from you.” Said Youngjae quietly.

Daehyun lied down close to Youngjae who was still lying on his back.

He looked in the direction Daehyun’s head should be lying at. The burning coals were glowing in the darkness.

“If you don’t want to sleep with me than… why did you even agreed on doing this project with me?”

Youngjae fixed his gaze back on the ceiling and cleared his throat. His heart was pounding and his tongue was numb but he had to say that. No one else could. Only Youngjae.

“Because I like you. I like you very much. And because I know that you are so much more than just a famous boy and infamous school’s black sheep.”

Quiet sob reached Youngjae’s ears.

“Say that again.” He heard.

“Because I like you.” Whispered Youngjae even quieter than earlier.

Warm hand with cold finger-tips landed on Youngjae’s cheek.

Daehyun’s fingers gently rubbed Youngjae’s button nose and a hot lips landed on Youngjae’s lips.

 

 

N/A

THIS CHAPTER IS A MESS SORRY. I can't write even a soft- damnit, I'm really sorry guys. I hope that I;ve managed to at least "sketch" the tension between these two!

And yeah the next chapter will (probably) be the next one! I don't know what it will be published though since I;m going on holiday soon.

Anyway's thanks for reading,

Checlie