Chapter 2

The problem with physics

"So what you're trying to tell me is that the owner of the best body and face in this school, who also happens to be your crush, invited you to his own house? Am I missing anything Jae?" asked Himchan for the 5th time, eyeing blushing Youngjae.

"Yes, exactly." nodded Youngjae quietly. There were no chances to hide such a huge news behind his friends, since as soon as the saw him they knew that something happened. They were currently sitting in some cafe and enjoyed their iced coffee.

"He's sooooo going to you, lmao." hummed Himchan.

Youngjae blushed even harder.

"It's not like that Himchan... Besides you know how I feel about this stuff... Even if... But it won't... I sure he would respect my choice..." stuttered Youngjae.

Himchan sighed.

"Look Youngjae I know that you're pure like a tear from the eye of eternal but let's be honest... The rumour says it that Daehyun never invites anyone to his house unless he wants to with them. No offence though, that's how it looks like."

"Sorry to say that Youngjae but that's truth. I also heard that from one of Daehyun's friend Jongin." added Junhong.

Youngjae sank in thoughts and the rest of boys were watching him impatiently. They knew what kind of person Youngjae was (no matter if they agreed about some stuff or not) and they knew how highly he prised Daehyun.

"We're not telling you that to make you sad..." started Jongup a little bit shyly "... we're just worried about you. Daehyun may not be the best company for you... What if he hurts you?"

Youngjae immediately looked up.

"There's no way Daehyun could hurt me. Maybe he's not the person he seems to be." he hissed. He was so done with people judging Daehyun by the prism of his confident and ual side. Youngjae just knew that Daehyun was so much more. And he wanted to prove it. "I've already decided that I will help him. Putting my feelings aside it's my duty as one of the best students to help him with his studies."

"Look at this little fighter!" giggled Himchan "He's ready to do everything to save his-" he the sugary voice mode "sweet, super-cute and for sure very pure crushie. Awww!"

Junhong and Jongup laughed hearing that. Himchan was a master in teasing his friends. Especially Youngjae. Junhong started even clapping his hands.

"Say that once again!"

"Cruuuushieeee." sang Himchan sweetly which caused another wave of laughter. Even Youngjae let himself giggle a little bit even though he was the victim of the joke. It took boys few minutes to stop the laugh attack.

"But seriously though Jae... Be careful and if he tries anything run as fast as you can." said Himchan, this time seriously. He might (or might not) be a complete with awful sense of humour but he really cared about his younger friends.

"He won't try anything weird but I'll keep that in my mind. Thanks." snorted Youngjae and took a long sip of his iced caramel latte "I think it's time for me to go. My mum's waiting for me." he said and got up.

"Ok. See you soon Youngjae. And text me after contacting Daehyun." smirked Himchan "Probably your emotions will be in pieces so you may need some smart advice from your experienced friend." he sent a wink to which Youngjae reacted with sticking out his tongue.

"Bunch of idiots." he said to himself after he walked out of the cafe. He loved them but he wished they were a little bit more sensitive sometimes.

All his way back home he was impatiently playing with little note hidden in his pocket. By the time he reached his doorsteps, he remembered the shape of every letter- the crooked "k", the perfectly round "o", even this little cute dot beneath the "i". It must have been the luckiest day of his life.

He held an actual conversation with his long time crush- Jung Daehyun. And not only that, the same Daehyun invited him, Yoo Youngjae, to his house so they could made their Physics project together. He would finally be able to help Daehyun. That Daehyun who everybody seem to underestimate and reject. He, Yoo Youngjae, was going to be different. He knew how clever Daehyun is.

Youngjae whistled happily. His mother's head appeared from behind the door leading to the kitchen.

"Look at you Youngjae! What a happy boy! I'm glad to see that. Can I ask what happened? A girl maybe?" she asked sneakily.

Youngjae blushed. His parents had no idea about his uality and the fact that he had never been interested in any girl.

"Oh Youngjae! I was joking but seeing this blush on your cheeks makes me wonder if by any chance I wasn't right!" she squealed. Sometimes Youngjae wasn't sure who was bigger child- he himself or his mother.

"Are you going out today mum? It isn't dinner time yet..." noticed Youngjae.

"Ah yes, I told you yesterday that I'm going to see my high-school friends today. I guess you were too busy being a genius to actually notice your mother bubbling!" she frowned "Or maybe you were too preoccupied because you were thinking about your girl!"

Youngjae blushed even harder. He hated lying to his parents like this.

"Maybe..." he said quietly.

"Ah my little boy grew up so quickly..." she sighed "Here's your dinner for today Youngjae. You can eat it now or put into the microwave later. You father will pick me up and we should be home around 8. Can you handle that?"

Youngjae snapped.

"Of course mum. I'm not 10 anymore."

Woman smiled warmly and leaned to kiss her son's forehead.

"See you in the evening then." she said and left before Youngjae could say bye.

                                                               -----------------------------

He wasn't hungry at all. All he could think about was that little note lying on his desk in front of him. He couldn't count how many times he had already tried to send Daehyun a text about the date of their meeting. No matter what he wrote, everything sounded stupid.

"Hey, Youngjae here. I wanted to ask if Friday around 6pm suits you?"

No it sound stiff.

"Hi, it's me. Youngjae. How about this Friday around 6pm... If you don't have any plans I mean."

No... It makes me sound weak and pathetic.

"You. Me. Your place. Friday. 6pm.?"

It's not a freaking date Yoo Youngjae.

"Yoooo! Young Jay here. Hehe, that's my nickname among my friends, now you can call me that way too!"

God, Youngjae...

He groaned.

This way his great plan of helping Daehyun, wouldn't work out because Youngjae is too awkward to write a damn message.

"Hi! How about Friday around 6pm? :)

-Youngjae"

Yes, that looked good. Just the right amount of professionalism and playfulness. Because Youngjae was both professional and funny guy. He smiled to himself and looked at the time. Creating perfect text took him an hour. That wasn't so bad.

He was about to hit the "send" button when suddenly and neighbour's dog started barking so loudly that Youngjae jumped on his bed.

When he looked down he saw Daehyun's number crossing his smart phone's screen.

"Daehyun dialling..." claimed the text on the screen.

Youngjae gasped.

"Holy I need to-"

"Hello?" the signal was interrupted by hoarse and a little bit sleepy voice.

Youngjae wit shaking hands raised the phone to his ear.

"Hello? Dae-Daehyun?" he asked, bashing himself mentally for crooked voice.

"Youngjae?" voice on the other side of the line sounded as if its owner was just hosed down with cold water ", sorry I didn't recognise you at first... I thought you'd text me or something."

"I-I thought about texting but I... Yes... Um... You're my physical partner so I called."

Long silent break on the other side.

"You mean Physics Partner I think..." finally said Daehyun.

Youngjae felt hotness crawling down his cheeks.

"Yes, of course. Physics. You have problem with that."

"... I guess so."

Long silent break on both sides.

"Daehyun? Are you still there?"

"Yes, sorry I was waiting until you propose the date."

"Date?" choked Youngjae.

"Yeah, the date of our meeting? So we could do our project?"

"Ah yes! Physics! Okay so maybe eh... how about this Friday around 6pm?"

"Fine with me."

"So... Deal?"

"Deal." chuckled Daehyun and Youngjae regretted that he didn't have Dictaphone to record that beautiful sound.

"See you at school then."

"Yeah see ya." replied Daehyun and before Youngjae managed to click "hang up" button his screen went black. He was sitting there staring into his phone with a stupid smile plastered on his face.

It was really happening. He really was going to go to Daehyun's house this Friday and help him with his Physics and generally become his new best friend. Youngjae was totally ready to ignore these stupid butterflies in his tummy, just to spend some time with Daehyun. Hear him complaining about the teacher or his last basketball match. And sometimes maybe giving him some advices. And maybe... just maybe someday, some situation would force him to grab Daehyun's hand.

He squealed and covered his head with a fluffy pillow. Suddenly he had so much energy, he could ran a marathon. His legs were energetically running in the air and he could stop himself from smiling.

"Ah I act like a stupid teenage girl!" he puffed and sat up. But 10 second hadn't passed and he was again lying and laughing to his pillow.

                                                               --------------------------------

When Youngjae was entering the gates of his school on Friday morning, he felt as completely new person. Past three days were terrible. All he could do was waiting. He was seeing Daehyun at school but he didn't dare to come to confirm the meeting. He was constantly being teased by Himchan and Jongup was serving him rumours about Daehyun's previous lovers, just to embarrass Youngjae ("I've already told you! He's not like that! And I'm not like that either!"). Even his own mother at home was sending him mysterious smiles.

Thursday evening was a complete disaster. Youngjae's father called him to the living room where he and Youngjae's mother was sitting. There he preached a long speech about how important protection is in the modern days and as much as he wanted grandchildren, it just wasn't the right time.

"But dad... I don't intend to sleep with her..." said Youngjae when first shock went away.

"Oh my good boy! We raised him well my dear! He won't sleep with a girl on the first date!"

"No, I mean... I'm not interested in that..." he said quietly, wishing that his parents would understand what he meant. He didn't really want to just puke tem right into face that he's aual. He would rather take it easy with them.

"Of course." Youngjae's dad sent him a long and meaningful wink, causing Youngjae to blush even more.

Youngjae shivered getting rid of the awful memory. He couldn't believe that his own parents were particularly encouraging him to have . Like... shouldn't they be the ones who want their child to remain pure as long as possible (in some aspects Youngjae would prefer to remain pure till the end of his life)?

But today was different day! Today was about to be the day of his life. He spent whole night picking out the outfit (something between "I have good style" and "I just put anything"). Today morning he nicely left it folded on his bed. He was finishing his classes at 3pm, that was enough time for him to go back home, change, eat something and go to Daehyun's. And of course prepare the materials for the project!

He had a plan that when he enter the classroom he would send Daehyun bright, reassuring smile. Like a message "I'm here, and I will help you today!" something like that. Youngjae thought that it would be nice and that Daehyun for sure would be happy. Sadly as soon as he walked into the classroom he was crushed with a huge disappointment. Everyone were talking about Daehyun's skipping school today. Some girls were giggling that he was for sure taking part in some today or something like that. Youngjae proudly walked over to his desk. His mood dropped few degrees low. Luckily he didn't have much time to think about that as professor Kim entered the classroom and soon Youngjae's mind was completely taken away by math's equations.

That Friday Youngjae was especially busy. Suddenly all of his professor claimed that they needed Youngjae' help with well everything. Someone needed chalk? Youngjae. Another teacher wanted some student to help him with materials? Youngjae. Principal needed a good student to show off to his friend also a principal of a collage? Youngjae.

The time was passing quickly and before Youngjae could notice it was half after noon which was marking the start of the last and longest class- Physics. On that exact Friday professor Chung was talking about the gravity law but Youngjae was already thinking about what he was to be doing in a few hours. All of that seemed like a dream. He even managed to ignore texts Himchan was sending him (mostly about "daejae" as he was calling Daehyun and him, being all lovely dovely or "dae" on the top of "jae"). Himchan's ual suggestions were always making Youngjae feel bad but today he didn't let these bother him. It was "daejae" day after all!

He didn't even noticed that professor Chung had already finished his lesson and most of the class left. That was until the teacher leaned on Youngjae's table.

"So tell me how is tutoring this idiot going?"

Youngjae forced a polite smile even though everything in him was boiling as he knew who was that "idiot".

"Actually we're starting this project today. I was too busy to take care of this earlier, sorry professor." Youngjae bowed.

"Ah, don't bother kid. I guess if you were doing this alone, you would finish this during one night... But I can't tell how much time you're going to need to give up on that awful case... I feel sorry of you Youngjae."

Youngjae put all his inner strength to keep the fake smile on his face.

"Don't be professor. It's my duty. Now, I will better go." he bowed again and rushed out of the class.

He was so angry at his professor. Calling his student "idiot" was probably the most unprofessional thing he could do. Well... maybe not but it for sure WAS unprofessional.

Junhong and Jongup were already waiting for Youngjae outside of the school gates. Luckily Himchan couldn't join them today as he was too busy with his senior year activities. Younger boys explained to Youngjae that they decided to at least keep him company to the bus stop as he for sure was nervous. Youngjae knew that it was very kind of them but he was so angry that he would rather be alone. Nether less he was politely listening to Junhong's story about how he managed to kick that stupid Jihoon's during their PE classes.

Youngjae felt relieved that they weren't bringing up Daehyun today. At least them.

When they saw Youngjae's bus coming Jongup patted Youngjae's shoulder and Junhong smiled and said that he keeps his fingers crossed. That's all. And Youngjae was grateful for that.

                                                               ----------------------------------

Next thing Youngjae knew was standing in front of the porch leading to Daehyun's house. He didn't think that Daehyun's parents were living in separate house. Hesitantly he pressed the bell.

"Omg but what if he's not home today? He wasn't at school? Maybe he's sick? Maybe I should go away? Maybe it's a bad address?"

"Hello? Who are you?" sweet femine voice was asking through the entry phone.

"It's emm... Yoo Youngjae.. I'm here to see Daehyun."

"Again..." he heard quiet voice via the speaker "Come one in!" the voice said and the porch opened.

He was slowly walking to the entrance door, calculating if there was a chance that Daehyun really had a today and that voice was one of his lover's voice when the door opened showing young, elegant woman. Her hair was dyed blonde and she was wearing classic red lipstick, white lose shirt and blue skinny jeans.

"Hello Yangjae-"

"It's Youngjae."

"I'm Daehyun's mother."

Youngjae dumb folded, he assumed that the woman was a student. She was looking really young. The woman laughed singly.

"I bet you thought that I'm his sister or some random friend right? Everyone thinks so. Come on in honey." she said and moved so that Youngjae could get into the house.

It most had been new, nice all the furniture were from the newest magazines. The floor were so clean that they were practically shining.

"Sit on the sofa Youngjoi. Daehyun's taking a shower, he'll be down in a minute. Tea?"

"No, thank you miss." replied Youngjae quickly not even bothering to explain that he's name isn't Youngjoi.

"You have really pretty face. I can see what tempted Daehyun. I hope you're gonna have fun tonight." she winked but Youngjae needed few seconds to understand what she's suggesting.

"No, no, no! It's not like that! I-I'm here to help him with physi-"

"Physical activities?" she smiled and winked again.

"With Physics. With project. We're doing it together."

"Call it as you want. I'm going to leave soon anyway." she stopped for a moment "Oh, Daehyun! Here you are! Your friend's waiting for you!"

Youngjae like in slow-motion turned around to see Daehyun walking down the stairs. His hair were wet and messy but he still looked like a kpop star.

"Hey Youngjae." he said.

"Hi." stuttered Youngjae.

"Daehyun honey, I'll be back late and dad's still in Japan so don't wait for any of us. Yungjae can stay overnight if he wants."

"It's Youngjae mum. Young-jae. You could at least pretend to be trying to remember his name." groaned Daehyun.

"What for?" asked Daehyun's mother blank fully "I mostly likely will never see him ever again."

Youngjae blushed, apparently Daehyun's mother was taking him as one of her son's sleep-buddies.

"Mum! It's not like that! He's... He's... very special friend. It's not like usually..."

Youngjae stomach did few somersaults.

"Special friend..." he thought dreamily.

"If you say so... Anyway you boys should go upstairs... To take care of that project. It was nice to meet you Joungyae." she smiled bright fully.

"Come one Youngjae, there's no point in you staying in the same room as the person who can’t even remember your name properly." said Daehyun and went upstairs again.

Youngjae politely bowed to mrs. Jung and followed the latter.

                                                               -----------------------------------

Daehyun's room was surprisingly clean. Youngjae actually was expecting some kind of teenage mess but everything was clean and neat.

"I was cleaning up whole morning." said Daehyun leaning over the wall as Youngjae sat on the fluffy carpet.

"You've got nice room." said Youngjae sheepishly.

"I guess soo... You know what I'm gonna go get us something to eat. Wait here." exclaimed Daehyun and left.

Youngjae curled himself into a small ball and leaned his back over Daehyun's bed. He was alone in Daehyun's room and soon he was about to be alone with Daehyun in Daehyun's room. It was stupid but some small sting in his heart (Himchan must have placed in there) was bugging him about what would happen in Daehyun really tried something weird... He was attractive, Youngjae had to admit it but it didn't change the fact that Youngjae was a freakin ace and the idea of wasn't appealing to him.

He slapped himself mentally. It was all Himchan's fault. It must had been. Youngjae knew Daehyun and he trusted him. He knew that he was something more and that he really wanted Youngjae to help with with the Physics.

Before he managed to get himself together completely, door opened again letting Daehyun with a box of pizza and a bottle of coke in.

"Oh, you're not undressed yet?" he raised his eyebrow.

Youngjae dumb folded for the second time that day.

Daehyun chuckled.

"You should have seen your face! I swear to God, it was too funny!" still giggling he sat in front of Youngjae and put the box in front of them. "I hope you're pineapple-goes-on-pizza team..." he mumbled and opened the box.

"Actually, I love pineapple on the pizza." smiled Youngjae and reached for the first piece in the same time Daehyun did. Their hands slightly brushed against each other  and a hundreds of butterflies filled Youngjae's stomach. He glimpsed at Daehyun. No reaction.

They were eating in silence for a while when suddenly Daehyun said:

"Actually, a lot of people really do undress during the time I leave the room. They don’t even give me time to warm up, if you know what I mean... Annoying... Maybe I would prefer to talk to them or something but no... No one asks…" he sighed and Youngjae's heart made a weird sound. Of course he was right- Daehyun was something more than he seemed to be.

"So..." started Daehyun again "I'm really thankful that you agreed on this meeting. I really need help with Physics..." he mumbled.

"Sure! No problem! Actually I wanted to ask if you need help many times but..."

"But?" Daehyun's eyes were staring right into Youngjae's.

"But I was too shy... I was thinking that you probably don't even know we're in the same class."

Daehyun chuckled again.

"Are you joking? After all these years? Of course I know you! I've always been admiring you."

Youngjae's heart was growing bigger and bigger ad Daehyun was speaking.

"So I'm really glad that you were made to be my partner!" he finished and grabbed the last piece of pizza "You know half?"

"No, not really... I'm full." said Youngjae and patted his stomach. The truth was that he had a colony of butterflies there and they took all the space available.

Daehyun shrugged and finished the piece.

"Ok." he said, move the box aside and sat closer to Youngjae "So tell me... what the is this project about? I tried to google it out but I honestly... Sorry I'm just dumb."

Youngjae shyly patted Daehyun's shoulder.

"You're not dumb. The internet just doesn't explain everything the way it should." he said and took the books out of his backpack "Here... let me show you..."

                                                               ---------------------------------

Next few hours were like a beautiful dream for Youngjae. He was explaining Daehyun every word he didn't understand and the latter was learning everything pretty quickly. Once he even noticed a mistake faster than Youngjae. Daehyun was asking questions and coming up with ideas and their project was slowly moving forward. It was 10 pm when Youngjae phone started buzzing.

"Hello?"

"Youngjae where are you?"

"Oh, mum! I'm at my friends’ house..."

"What are you doing there... Are there girls there? Is there a girl you were meeting today there?"

"Noooo... I'm at Himchan's." his tongue slipped out the lie.

"Oh. Say hi to him. Are you going to stay overnight?"

"No, I shall be going soon actually."

"Okay. See you soon then." said Youngjae's mother and ended the conversation.

"That was my mum..." said Youngjae and turned is eyes away from Daehyun "I should be going home soon..."

Suddenly something grabbed Youngjae's wrist. He looked up to meet Daehyun's intense stare.

"Please stay... I want to be able to repay you... I can treat you more pizza and tea or maybe even a movie... We have huge tv downstairs." the tone of his voice was almost begging making Youngjae weak and soft. How could he leave this puppy here alone?

"Your parents will be angry..." he tried to explain.

"Please! I have someone overnight almost every day. I'm sure you've heard that..." he snored.

Youngjae nodded slowly.

"Are you sure?"

Daehyun grinned.

"I hella am."

 

N/A

I decided that this story will have 4 chapters instead of 3... I hope you don't mind! And woah! SO many subscribers after posting only one chapter! Thank you guys!

I hope you've enjoyed this chapter too!

Checlie ^^