Chapter 1

The problem with physics

Youngjae flipped his fringe and peeked at te boy on the other side of the classroom.

Daehyun tousled his dark blonde hair and Youngjae sighed.

"Wanna hear what Youngjae's thinking right now?" asked Himchan and continued with high-pitched voice "Ah, ah! How can someone be so beautiful!"

Jongup and Junhong laughed in reply. It was part of their day to make fun out of Youngjae peeking at Daehyun. All his friends knew who his crush was. He was pretty obvious. Besides he didn't see the point in hiding this fact. Youngjae trusted his friends and knew that they wouldn't tell anyone about his brown haired secret. Nether less he blushed hearing the laughs and giggles and took an aggressive bite of his sandwich.

"Seriously though Youngjae, you should totally talk to him. You could offer your help with maths or physics and you know... gently slide into his covers." grinned Himchan.

Youngjae hated when they were teasing him about that. That was true Daehyun was famous "master of the sheets" in this collage but Youngjae definitely didn't want that kind of relationship. Neither with Daehyun nor with anyone else. And Himchan knew it. Himchan knew that Youngjae wasn't attracted to the whole idea of "" and yet he kept teasing him.

"How many times should I remind you that I'm really not into this..." mumbled Youngjae and sent a death glare to Himchan.

"Oh honey." Himchan pinched Youngjae's cheek "And how many times should I assure you that it's because you haven't tried yet?" he smiled angelically.

Youngjae sighed again. He didn't want to have this conversation again. Himchan was literally deaf when it comes to Youngjae's uality. He was trying to explain this on so many levels and in so many ways with way too many examples but Himchan just couldn't accept it. And when he found out that Youngjae had a crush on Daehyun the whole idea of wanting to be with Daehyun but not wanting his body ually seemed just too abstract to him.

"Let's just change subject Himchan..." said Jongup up.

"But-" started Himchan.

"So have you seen the Chanel's spring/summer collection?" asked Junhong and instantly directed Himchan's attention on newest fashion updates.

Youngjae smiled thankfully to Junhong. Even though the younger also didn't understand how it works, he at least didn't ask uncomfortable questions.

Youngjae finished his sandwich and one more time peeked at Daehyun.

Little did he know that right in the same moment Daehyun's eyes were coolly scanning whole classroom.

Their gazes met and Youngjae immediately fixed his eyes back on his crossed arms. It's not like he had never looked into Daehyun's eyes. They've been in the same class for ages (the gift from the universe) so it was unavoidable but still every time Youngjae was getting nervous. He went back to that one and only time he was talking to Daehyun. It was two years ago and Daehyun was in his blonde hair phase back then. Youngjae forgot his notebook from the classroom and had to go back to take it. He entered the door and Daehyun was still there mopping the floor (he was on duty of cleaning back then but Youngjae of course forgot about that). Youngjae still remembered how shocked he was back then. Daehyun was eyeing him from the top of his head to his toes and after a few seconds he asked.

"Any problem?"(since then "problem" was Youngjae's favourite word)

"Yes, I like you." (that’s what Youngjae was imaging to say days after that event)

"I forgot my ekhm... thing." (that's what he mumbled in reality)

And even though he wanted to say and watch Daehyun mop there for hours, he hastily grabbed his notebook and ran out of classroom.

That was their only conversation.

Youngjae smiled to its memory and the bell rang.

                                   --------------

Junhong, Jongup and Himchan left in rush, hurrying on their own classes. Since they got to know that Youngjae likes Daehyun they were spending most of their breaks around Youngjae's classroom, to make few jokes and (they wouldn't admit to that though) not making Youngjae decide if he prefer spending his time on looking at his crush, or hanging out with his friends.

Professor Kim entered classroom and instantly started explaining and solving math tasks which were to be done at home but were also problematic. It was no secret that Youngjae's one of the best students in his class. He had hardly any troubles with material and if he did few minutes of clear explanation were enough for him to catch up. He was sometimes helping his classmates but was never taking money for that. He considered it his duty as the "smarty of the class" as they tend to call him. Daehyun from the other wasn't top-grade student. Depending from the subject he was dancing on thin line between passing and failing. Youngjae wanted to offer him his help for quite a time not only because he was his crush but also because Daehyun was just student who needed help. Both teachers and students were assuming that he just doesn't try, because he was "too focused on his looks" (teachers) or "too busy remembering last night's ing" (students, both male and female).

But Youngjae deep down was convinced that Daehyun's much deeper person. And very intelligent (basing on his ripostes). He just needed time and attention during classes which no one seemed to be giving him. He sighed as professor Kim was scolding Daehyun for doing his homework wrong. But it was difficult question! Even Youngjae had troubles to solve it. Besides that visibly made Daehyun upset! Like... wasn't this the biggest proof that he's ashamed of failing meaning that he's trying? Was Youngjae really the only person in the classroom to see this?

He looked around but couldn't read anything from his classmates' faces. Not even a hint of compassion. Even Daehyun's little fandom in the corner seemed not to notice anything sad in this situation. The only emotion which he caught in few people's eyes was pity mixed with disgust. These were people who despised Daeyun's guts and hated him. Youngjae shook his head. Teacher moved on to the current topic. The whole situation was forgotten.

                                                                              -----------------

Youngjae was happily moving to the Physics’ classroom. He liked Physics and today they were to be making models and conducting simple experiments. Maybe they weren't as fun as these they were conducting on Chemistry but they would do anyway. He took apron which was lying on his desk. The classroom was slowly filling with people.

Professor Chung could appear in any second since he didn't really the type of teacher who pays attention to the sound of bell- he was starting and ending lesson whenever he felt like.

Youngjae looked around restlessly only to notice that Daehyun still wasn't there. Youngjae knew that he hated Physics, it was his worst subject but just like every other student he had to attend compulsory 3 semesters. Professor Chung opened the door.

"Good afternoon class, today we're going to prepare few simple experiments which will help you with your projects." he hummed.

Youngjae raised his hand, causing the teacher to look at him.

"Yes, Youngjae?"

"During previous lesson you told me to remind you to tell us about the presentation since we didn't get many information."

"Ah yes, now I remember. Thank you Youngjae..." professor Chung cleared his throat "The presentation will be part of your final grade. You're going to make it in the group of two and I will pick the subject for all of you, is that clear?"

People in the classroom started buzzing like little bees, probably trying to decide who would be their pair. Someone (Youngjae couldn't tell who) was shouting if he could be paired with Yoo Youngjae himself ("smart choice" thought Youngjae, even if he wasn't the most fun person to hang out with, he still understood physics pretty well).

"QUIET!!" shouted professor Chung and the classroom instantly fell silent. Older man cleared his throat again and then the door opened creakingly, showing Jung Daehyun's face. He was bitting his lower lip.

"Clearly he didn't think he would be late." thought Youngjae, watching Daehyun quietly bowing and approaching his seat.

"Mr. Jung." groaned professor, Youngjae knew that he was only using student's surnames when he was angry "Could you tell me where were you?"

"I was in the bathroom..." replied Daehyun with his head bend low.

"Probably penetrating some pretty girl, hm?" asked professor and Youngjae felt as if someone punched him in his stomach, he could only guess from the sight of Daehyun's face that the other was feeling similar.

Few shy giggles ran throughout the classroom.

"Laugh class, laugh." encouraged them teacher and fixed his eyes back at Daehyun "Mr. Jung, do you think that us, teachers, don't know what you're doing after classes? Your legend is spreading faster than you spread girls' legs, believe me."

At this point people in the class were laughing their lungs out. Even the girls from Daehyun's fandom. Youngjae noticed blush on Daehyun's face but in a matter of a blink, brown haired boy raised his eyes on the teacher and said with complete seriousness.

"My widely respected professor probably are just jealous since I haven't seen even a trace of beauty on any of yours’ faces."

Professor's face at first turned pale and then instantly red.

"I guess that's one of the reasons no one likes him. At first he plays shy and adorable but in reality he's awfully sassy." whispered Minseok sitting beside Youngjae.

Youngjae wanted to explain that Daeyun's probably just trying to somehow defend himself, since no one was defending him but he had to admit that what his crush said was rather risky. He looked back at professor Chung. His face was crimson. He took few deep breaths.

"Do you really think so mr. Jung? Very well then. I've seen that your grades are even worse than in last semester... I'll give you a chance to prove me that you're not complete bo… idiot." announced professor and students were looking at him with disbelief. Teacher pointed at Youngjae "Your pair is Yoo Youngjae over there, maybe he will manage to teach you something, mr. Jung because my classes clearly don't give any effects. Now you can leave classroom mr. Jung." The professor smirked.

"But... professor Chung I was late I don't know what the presentation is about..."

"I don't care. I want you to leave my classroom. Now. And I want to see you back only with your project. However if Youngjae tells me that you did nothing to help, you will fail this subject. End of discussion."

Daehyun shakily got up from his seat, bowed with respect and left the classroom and almost all students were watching him leaving.

Almost all. Except of Yoo Youngjae.

"Who did he say was going to make project with Jung Daehyun? Was it really me...? Did he really say Yoo Youngjae...?" asked himself Youngjae and passed out.

                                                                     ------------------------------

He woke up in infirmary. School nurse was sitting next to him.

"Oh you're finally awake! I'm glad... Did you hit yourself anywhere? No? Great. Ah it's the stress... When I was younger students weren't so stressed I remember..." nurse was chatting and Youngjae, still lying on the bed was rethinking the whole event.

He was paired to do physical project with Jung Daehyun. No! Physics, not physical!

His vision went blurry again. He could help Daehyun even without directly asking him if he needs it. Of course Daehyun with Youngjae's help wouldn't fail the class and everybody would be happy. Well maybe except professor Chung and Daehyun haters.

Suddenly soft knocking stopped nurse's monologue.

"Yes?" replied nurse.

The door opened slightly and for the second time this day Yoo Youngjae got to see Daehyun’s head in the slit.

“Can I come in?” asked head.

“Of course honey, after all you were the one who helped to bring him here. I need to go to the bathroom anyway. Please don’t let him get up okay?”

Daehyun nodded and reply and nurse left infirmary. Youngjae was paralyzed. Yes he hoped to have a normal conversations with Daehyun because of the project thingy but not like this. He noticed that half of his stomach is revealed so he quickly covered it with his shirt. Meanwhile Daehyun was slowly strolling forward Youngjae.

Youngjae had never seen someone walking so gracefully forward him. It felt like he was giving some award and beautiful winner was approaching him by walking on the red carpet to take the win. But here Youngjae had nothing to give.

Daehyun sat on the chair and leaned his long legs on the corner of the bed in infirmary. He hummed. Youngjae remained quiet, too terrify that it would destroy the moment.

“Sorry.” Said finally Daehyun and his words bounced through the room. Youngjae blinked. Seeing this the other sighed.

“Sorry for being your partner in this project thing. I’m sure you’re not literally in rainbows because of that. I really didn’t think that he’d take revenge not only in me but also in you.”

Youngjae gasped. He counted literally 3 separate sentences and Daehyun even addressed Youngjae as “you”. He gulped. Here he comes.

“Don’t worry about that I’m always glad to help my classmates. Besides I didn’t have a pair anyway.” Youngjae sent ensuring yet a little bit nervous smiles to Daehyun. He even gathered enough courage to look into his eyes. From close distance they were even more beautiful.

“I know.” Said Daehyun to Youngjae’s surprise “I’ve noticed that.”

Youngjae was shocked the idea one Daehyun noticing anything about him was just too out of this world for him. He remained silent not really knowing what to say.

“Ah! You reminded me. Minseok told me to give this to you. Seems that it’s the topic for our project. Sadly I don’t understand a out of this… Sorry… I guess I’m too dumb for this.” Said Daehyun with sad smile plastered on his face and passed a piece of paper to Youngjae.

He quickly ran through lines. The topic wasn’t obvious to someone who wasn’t befriended with Physics but it wasn’t too hard too.

“Don’t worry I’ve got it.” He said “It won’t be so hard and I’ll do my best to help you.” He said and hesitantly patted Daehyun’s arm. He managed to notice that his skin is really soft.

“Yeah… Have you seen the “special note” at the back of the paper though?” asked Daehyun.

Youngjae flipped the paper. The red ink was covering the back of the page.

“To Yoo Youngjae,

Sorry for making certain person your partner but I just don’t know what to do anymore. If you can’t handle him than that means that there’ no hope for him at all. Please report to me if you notice that even in 1%, he doesn’t care about this project. I will now what to do. I’m sure the topic isn’t that hard for you. It may not seem easy at first but I have to give you and certain him a challenge.

Sorry again Youngjae. Nether less that’s person impact on this project, I will grade you separately so don’t worry.

Professor Chung Jeonghan”

“Wow that’s…” started Youngjae shocked with disbelief.

“Reassuring that you;ll do well anyway?” asked Daehyun.

“No. Mean. That’s one hell of mean note.” He stated and looked bravely into Daehyun’s eyes “Don’t worry, together we will show him that you can do great job. I promise.”

And then Daehyun smiled. But not in the way he smiled among his friends or with girls surrounding him on the corridor. It was honest warm smile, reaching the darkest and deepest corners of his eyes. His theeth were glowing white and his eyes were creating little crescents. His eyelashes were casting long shadows crossing his eyelids. If that was even possible in this particular moment Youngjae fell in love with Daehyun even deeper and harder.

The nurse opened the door and entered the room.

“Young man take that shoes off this bed.” She groaned.

Daehyun rapidly got up and broke the eye contact with Youngjae.

“Sorry I was just leaving.” He replied and turned to Youngjae passing him small note “There’s my address and phone numer. Call me so we could arrange the date of the meeting.” He winked and left the room.

Youngjae sank into the pillow and moved the note on the level of his eyes.

Four beautiful lines of letters and numbers were dancing in front of his eyes. He felt tears gathering in the corners of his eyes. Was it a dream?

“Oh I hate this young man. I can’t count the times some heartbroken girl was sitting here with her friends crying over how he only wanted to sleep with her and when she did, he did what he said he would- leave her. I don’t know who’s worse actually- him or these naïve girls. I mean… he warned them… I don’t approve what he does though…” nurse kept chatting about how when she was younger the world looked different and Youngjae was happily humming in his head.

Yes, he knew that it probably meant nothing more than just a chance to improve his grades for Daehyun but still… It was making Youngjae’s heart fly so high.

                                                               ------------------------------------------------

Daehyun’s POV

“Of course he wouldn’t be happy to be paired up with me. It was quite obvious during our talk. But what did I expect? Who wanted to be paired with stupid boy? That’s what he’s thinking about me nothing more… I know he’s not one of my haters… No, he’s pure and kind. Probably he doesn’t even know what “hate” is… That lovely baby… If only he knew and I was different… If I didn’t make that mistakes all these years ago… Maybe our relation would be different. Maybe he would offer me help with studies earlier… Don’t he think I haven’t noticed that he has been helping all the students who have troubles, except of me… Maybe he was not that obvious but deep down I know that he despises me. But maybe… just maybe… I attack him physically like probably everybody in this school. I could… pay him with my body… and he… could help me… and maybe… just maybe that would make him get interested in me… he could see that I’m more that physics.”

 

N/A

It’s decided this story will have 3 chapters.

Sorry for typos :P