1.

Rose-Coloured Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Im Nayoung."

"Jung Eunwoo."

Eunwoo flopped down on the seat next to Nayoung, they were at Eunwoo's apartment. Eunwoo had called Nayoung over to talk.

"So, we lost our guitarist." Eunwoo said.

"I didn't like touring with her that much anyway." Nayoung said nonchalantly. "But we're going to have to find someone new--"

"I already did." Eunwoo grinned. "You know Luhan?"

Nayoung frowned. "I'm not liking the sound of this."

"It's his little sister."

Nayoung grimaces. "Jieqiong?"

Nayoung had only met Jieqiong a few times when the band would go over to Luhan's to practice in his garage before they got their own space. Jieqiong was quiet, and she often just sat and watched, attached to her brother's arm. She was short, weird, and not exactly the prettiest girl Nayoung had ever seen. Nayoung knew she was probably being a little picky, but she knew now that the band was getting popular they needed to watch their image.

"You gotta admit, she's good at the guitar from those times Kyungwon let her play." Eunwoo said, nudging Nayoung's shoulder. "Come on, Minky already said yes! We just need you to say yes, and she's a lot different than you remember her now, she grew up."

"Tell her to meet us for rehearsals. I want to see how well she plays and knows our songs." Nayoung said. "I'm hungry, do you wanna get food?"

"Alrighty. Yeah, I'm hungry too. Let's go." Eunwoo said as she took out her phone, presumably to text Jieqiong.

They got up and left the apartment before hopping into Nayoung's car, which was about to break down at any second.

 

Evening came and they met up at the rehearsal space. Jieqiong hadn't arrived yet, it was just Eunwoo, Minkyung, Nayoung, and Minkyung's little sister, Siyeon, who often came to watch them practice.

"You should let me come on tour with you!" Siyeon was saying. "It's boring staying at home and watching you all travel the world."

"You have to finish school first, and then maybe we'll think about it. Also, you should learn the guitar, we might need you with the way we're going with our guitarists..." Minkyung mumbled.

"We've had two guitarists." Nayoung pointed out as she sat down at the drums.

"Yeah, well I'd like the next one to be the last." Minkyung sighed as she picked up her bass guitar.

"Jieqiong should be here soon." A loud voice boomed across the room, making Siyeon almost fall out of her seat.

Eunwoo had just picked up the microphone.

They decided to do a warm up, so Nayoung drummed a simple beat whilst Minkyung strummed the bass along, and Eunwoo sang. A few minutes in, and there was a knock at the door. Siyeon ran over and opened it, letting a girl in that Nayoung wasn't sure she'd ever seen before.

"Jieqiong! How nice of you to join us!" Eunwoo said, but it came out ten times louder due to the microphone, and Eunwoo had a naturally loud voice anyway.

This was Jieqiong? Eunwoo was right, she had changed a lot. She was no longer short, she didn't have a weird vibe coming from her anymore. She was a lot prettier now, and Nayoung felt something strange inside her.

Nayoung was brought back into the room when she heard Eunwoo's voice booming across the small space again.

"Ignore Nayoung, she's obviously not with us right now." Eunwoo grumbled, shooting a glare across at the other girl sat at the drums, before she started talking to Jieqiong, then pointed at a nearby guitar, which Jieqiong picked up and started playing the opening riffs of one of the band's songs.

Nayoung was in awe, and it seemed like Minkyung was as well, but Eunwoo just smirked at the two with a look that said told you so.

Rehearsal continued and they played all of their biggest hits to date, and Jieqiong nailed every single one. When it was over, Jieqiong was sent out with Siyeon to keep her company whilst the three talked.

"I told you she was good, so what do you say?" Eunwoo asked, looking at the two.

"I'm even more convinced now, she's the best." Minkyung said.

The two looked at Nayoung. Confirmation from her meant that Jieqiong would officially join the band.

"Yeah, she's good. I guess she's in, then." Nayoung said.

Eunwoo rushed back over to the mic.

"Jieqiong, you can come back!" She yelled into the mic, almost deafening Nayoung and Minkyung.

Jieqiong entered with Siyeon again. Jieqiong looked nervous.

"Did I make it?" Jieqiong asked sheepishly.

Eunwoo nodded. "You're in. The stone giant said you're good." She looked up at Nayoung and laughed.

Nayoung glared back at Eunwoo. She hated that nickname. She'd gotten it in an interview with some stupid guy, and ever since then the band had been teasing her over it.

Jieqiong instantly broke into a bright smile. "Thank you! I promise I'll do super good!"

Eunwoo moved to hug Jieqiong, and then Minkyung hugged her, and then it came to Nayoung.

She approached Jieqiong slowly.

Eunwoo and Minkyung held their breaths.

"Welcome to the band." Nayoung said, shaking Jieqiong's hand.

Nayoung was never much of a hugger. She always preferred to have as little contact with people as possible.

"Tour starts next week, so we'll meet up to practice one final time." Eunwoo said as she waddled over to the board they kept on the wall. "Come write your name on the board, Jieqiong."

"Some of

Please log in to read the full chapter