You in My Dreams

Twenty-one (Editting)

You in my dreams

A person I yearn for

Even if we meet again

Mamamoo - You in My Dream (OST Suits)

 

Fast forward to a few hours later, I was driving my Audi R8 to a destination that I’ve kept as secret from Yongsun. The car ride was nothing but silent and tense, with only the sound of the DJ talking from the radio and the occasional English song being played served as the background.

 

Yongsun was agitated, to say the least. She was frowning; forehead deeply crinkled and she was emitting the aura of aggression. Not to mention the constant glare that she would send to my way every time our gaze met. I knew by then that I should keep my lips tightly shut, but I hoped that this silent would end soon.

 

My prayer was answered when Yongsun shifted on her seat, sitting facing me as she leant her back slightly on the car door, “I don’t care wherever the hell we’re going,” she huffed loudly, arms crossing over her chest,  “but at least tell me why you are wearing your school uniform?”

 

Grinning cheekily, I let go of the steering wheel, driving with only one hand as my now free hand went up to give her head a few light pat.

 

 “Why not?” I replied casually, as if it was enough to feed on Yongsun’s curiosity.

 

She sighed, sending me the meanest glare she could muster, “ because you’re making me look like a freaking mother sending her daughter to school on the first day,” her tone was flat, sending chill all down to my spine (not in a good way, if I may add).

 

“I can’t do that, yes?” I shot her a wink, one which she grimaced to, “and I don’t want a momma like you,” I added.

 

She inhaled loudly; mouth opened wide, “I can be a good mom!”

 

“I know,” I said, giving her a small smile, “but you’re too pretty that I’d rather have you as my girlfriend,” I added before giving her another wink.

 

“Unbelievable,” she scoffed, “take it off,”

 

I feigned my shock, exhaling loudly as I clutched the front part of my uniform. I slowed the car down and pulled over at the side of the road before turning to look at Yongsun, still with the shocked expression plastered on my face.

 

“You want me to strip? ?” I asked, tilting my head slightly to the side, acting innocent.

 

“What?!” her eyes widened more in panic.

 

“I don’t mind stripping . As long as you’re happy, I’m fine,” I replied, ing the first button of my shirt, adding more to her panic. She looked around in obvious frantic before she wrapped her fingers around mine, stopping me from what I was doing. I let my gaze to fall on her, eyebrows rose in confusion and stopped ing my shirt, in which she lets out a sigh of relief to.

 

But it didn’t last long when I opened the door of my car and step outside.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“I need to step outside if I want to take my pants. No?” I once again feigned my innocent and took the teasing game to a step higher when my fingers fumbled with the button of my slacks. Her face was contorting into 101 different expressions as I watched her while laughing, internally of course.

 

“Yah! Are you crazy?!” she shouted. It was the last straw for me, I ended up in a laughing fit which took up to a few minutes.

 

Deciding that I’ve teased and riled her up enough for the day, I walked around the car and stopped next to her door, flashing what she often called “stupid grin” before I opened the door, “I’m just messing around with you,” I extended my hand out for her to take, “we’re here, come n out,”

 

She looked up at me before taking a deep breath in to calm herself down. She swat my hand away, hard; as if showing her sign of protest before she too stepped outside, standing next to me.

 

“Aishh, I really love this naïve side of you,” she gave me a glare for the nth times of the day as I ruffled her hair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are we doing here,” she asked as she stared at the building in front of us. A big “XXX Highscool” was written in bold on one of the wall.

 

“I’m just going to walk down the memory lane. While you,” I took her hand into mine and pulled her with me as I started walking, “let’s just say I’m showing you to the me before you,” I turned my head slightly, just enough for her to see my side profile before I shot her a wink.

 

We walked down the empty hall, her hand still in mine as we walked in complete silence. I let my eyes to wander around freely, busy trying to recall my memories from when I used to walk in the same hallway and trying to spot the difference since then at the same time.

 

“Can you stand here?” I stopped walking when I was sure that we were near the room which I used to spend all my free time at. Yongsun looked at me, confused, yet nodded nonetheless.

 

Smiling, I thanked her before walking ahead and opened the door of one of the few rooms along the hallway. I was hit by the sense of nostalgia that I unconsciously tear up.

 

“Byul-ah,” Yongsun called, pulling me back from the memories. I turned my head to the direction of her voice, only to see that she was walking to me, looking all graceful with the ray of sunlight beaming on her way and her hair bouncing with every step that she took.

 

“Stop,” I heard myself muttering under my breath. It was like the old time, when I saw and fell for her for the first time. At that time, I was not sure whether I wanted her to stop walking or for myself to stop falling for her.

 

“Are you sure we can be here?” she asked when she was standing next to me, taking a peek to the inside of the room. I heard her voice, yet I can’t seem to response for I was too busy admiring her perfection.

 

“Yah, Moon Byulyi!” I blinked; head tilted, still too dumbfounded despite the slight sting that I felt on my forearm, must be from her pinches.

 

“Are you sure we can be here?” she repeated.

 

Grinning, I pulled her in to the room before slamming the door shut, “don’t worry. If anyone caught us here, I’m wearing their uniform. I can just lie that I’m the student,”

 

“What about me?”

 

“You should just face the consequences like an adult that you are,” I muttered, pushing her to sit on the small bench behind the piano before I too sat next to her. However, that was the worse decision of mine for I was rewarded with a hard slap on my thigh.

 

I turned to my side, looking at the still fuming Yongsun, “I’m just joking,” tickling the bottom of her chin as I said those words, “I’ve already got the principal’s permission. She’s my best friend from before, maybe we can go and grace her with our visit later on,”

 

She obviously ignored me after. She looked around, staring at the various musical instruments in the room before she let her fingers hovered over the keys of the piano, “so what was your memory here?” she pressed a key with her index finger, letting the sound to resonate over the walls, “why here out of the places?”

 

“Memory of my first love,” I said. She suddenly stopped playing the piano. Her head still lowered and fingers still hovering above the keys when she asked, “how did she looked like?”

 

I smiled, letting my gaze to fall and stay on her perfect side profile, “like an angel being blessed by all the sunshines,” that was when she lifted her head up, and locked her gaze with mine.

 

“Where is she now?”

 

I lifted my hand up. My index finger tracing on her smooth forehead before I brushed her bangs aside and tucked her few loose strands behind her ear, “in my heart,”

 

She turned her head away, stopping our staring before she took the music sheet from the above the piano and turned the pages, one after another, attempting to look casual as she asked the next question, “How did the two of you meet?”

 

I placed my elbows on the piano, my head resting on the back of my hand as I let myself to be drowned in the memory.

 

“She was such a nervous wreck, perhaps still are,” I started easily, as if it happened only yesterday, “she was one of the participants for the music contest that was held in our school,”

 

“Now that you said it, I think I might’ve came here for the same reason before,” she intercepted, in which I smiled to.

 

“I still remember how nervous she looked back then. She was looking for a place to practice her piece and I was here, skipping my class when she suddenly barged in looking beautiful and all,”

 

She crossed her arms over her chest, “so you like her because she’s beautiful?”

 

I shook my head slightly, “I liked her because she’s beautiful, fell for her when she started playing her piece and I love her for who she was, is and will be,” I confessed earnestly, hoping that my words would reach her.

 

“Love? That ain’t past tense,” she mumbled under her breath, yet I still heard it; thanks to the silence inside the room, “Never knew you were this romantic. What did she play back then?”

 

I smiled, completely hopeless against her obliviousness, “I’ve always been this romantic,” I said, smirking before I hovered my own fingers above the keys and started playing to the familiar melody; one which I spent so much time to learn, wishing that maybe one day we could play it together.

 

“This was what she played back then,”

 

“I used to play this piece too!” she said excitedly before joining me halfway through the song. I turned to my side, staring at her as she was pressing on the keys with a big vibrant smile plastered on her face.

 

“Such a pretty fool,” I mumbled quietly to myself.

 

We were coming to the end when the door opened and a woman barged in, shouting my name loudly.

 

a/n : another update, just like I’ve promised. Tell me your opinion down in the comment below.

 

P.s. : I might take longer time to update, but I won’t stop updating. Writing fanfic has been such a great help for one of the course that I took in university. LOL

 

P.s.s : I noticed that comment for this fic is getting rare these days (less than 10 comments for each chapter), but that was my fault for I abondened this fic for so lobg. So I don’t blame y’all, instead I’ll try to update more often (no promises).

 

Ciaoo