Chapter 8

My Soulmates Voice

After searching the school for a good five minutes Jin finally found Jimin sitting by himself on the abandoned benches. Jimin had his head on the table with his lunch beside him, Jin slowly approached Jimin so he did not scare him.

“So why are you avoid us or Yoongi and Hoseok” Jin asked as he took a seat beside Jimin.

“I am not, I have just been really busy, actually I should be doing something right now” Jimin lied before collecting his lunch and running off, Jin watched the retreating form of Jimin, a small sigh escaped his lips. Jin stood up and headed back inside the school he was going to need the help of Taehyung and Jungkook as well.


Jin walked into the canteen, Taehyung and Jungkook’s head snapped over to him, two confused looks appeared on their faces.

“Where is Chim?” Taehyung asked his brother, confusion laced his voice.

“Running in the direction of the dance studios, would you two be able to help me stop him from running off and find out why he is?” Jin said.

“Sure” Taehyung and Jungkook said at the same time before standing up and walking over to Jin.

“Do you need any help?” Namjoon asked his soulmate.

“No, we will be fine” Jin answered pressing a kiss to his soulmate’s cheek before leaving with Taehyung and Jungkook to find Jimin.


This time he was hiding in the dance studios, Jimin lay on the ground staring at nothing. Taehyung, Jungkook and Jin entered the dance studio quickly but quietly to prevent Jimin from hearing them and doing another runner. Once they were close enough, Jungkook and Taehyung pounced on their best friend and held him down.

“Hey, get off me” Jimin shouted trying to push his friends off him but failed.

“No, not until you tell us why you are avoiding us” Taehyung said hurt laced his voice.

“I would never avoid you guys, it is just that you were with Hoseok and Yoongi” Jimin said trying to reassure his best friend.

“But what is wrong with Yoongi and Hoseok, they are your soulmates” Jungkook asked.

“Nothing is wrong with them, they are perfect” Jimin said.

“Then I do not see the problem” Jungkook replied.

“The problem lies with me, I am completely and utterly ugly, no one would want to be in a relationship with me. I mean look at me, I’m short, fat, ugly, I am lucky to have such amazing friends but I still wonder what you see in me to want to be friends” Jimin confessed.

 “Jimin, my ChimChim, my platonic soulmate, you are perfect, your height is soooo cute, you are not fat or ugly, so do not believe that or I will get cross” Taehyung said.

“Jimin you have been asked out nearly as many times as me, you are adorable, cute, sweet, kind, perfect, talented so do not put yourself down” Jin said to the younger boy.

“Squish Jimin” Jungkook shouted as all three boys wrapped their arms around Jimin and hugged the hell out of him.

“Thanks guys but Yoongi and Hoseok are not going to like me” Jimin said sighing, tears were running down his face at the thought of his soulmates not loving him.

“No they are not going to like you, they are going to love you” Taehyung replied hugging his best friend tighter.


Hoseok, Namjoon and Yoongi watched as the other two boys followed Jin to go find their friend. Yoongi sighed a little as he rested his head on Hoseok's shoulder. 

"What is wrong hyung?" Namjoon asked looking over at Yoongi and Hoseok who wore a similar expression. 

"We believe that this Chim person is Jimin our soulmate but it seems that he does not wish to be with us" Hoseok explained before pressing a kiss against Yoongi's forehead. 

"I do not think that he seemed really determined to meet you, could it be that our sudden appearance has put him off guard and he terrified to what you might think of him now you are actually here, think about it when you were talking telelpathically, you had no idea what he looked like, you only knew what his voice sounded like, so he did not have to worry about you judging his appearance but now you are here and can seem all of him, he might be terrified of what you really think" Namjoon explained. 

"You are too clever for your own good Namjoon" Yoongi said. 

"I think Namjoon might be right Yoongi, maybe we could talk with him and then start our relationship with him, think about it we are used to being with each other whilst Jimin is only us to hearing our voice and since we never told him about coming to Gwacheon so he was not prepared to meet him" Hoseok said. 

"Yeah you two are right, how about we leave it for a bit then once he is used to us being there then we can talk with him about it" Yoongi replied and Hoseok nodded his head in agreement. 


Jin lay his head on Namjoon's lap after school had ended, they all had headed over to Jin's whilst Jungkook and Taehyung went on the fourth day that week.

Jimin sat on a single seat with his arms wrapped around his legs pulling them to his chest. His eyes kept glancing over at Hoseok and Yoongi who were sat on the love seat.

Jin buried his head in Namjoon's chest whilst he felt his soulmate ran his fingers through Jin's hair. Jin reluctantly pulled away from Namjoon when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

He pulled his phone out - it was a message from Jimin.

Chim: what did Jungkook ask you earlier?

Handsome Hyung: Not sure he spoke really cryptically.

Chim: what did you get from his cryptic talk.

Handsome Hyung: That he wanted to ask Tae a really important but good question.

Chim: what is that meant to mean?

Handsome Hyung: no clue

Chim: Tae would tell us right, I mean he can never keep secrets from us.

Handsome Hyung: Yeah, it will probably be the first thing he says when they get back.

Jin pocketed his phone just has Taehyung came running into the living room, an excited look was on his face. Jungkook came in behind him an equal happy look could be seen on the maknae's face.  

"Guys, guess what?" Taehyung said turning to face his best friend and brother.

"What" both Jimin and Jin said at the same time. 

"Jungkook proposed" Tae shouted whilst practically shoving his engagement ring in Jin and Jimin's faces.