The Anomaly

Loving Someone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Did it really take me over a month to write this story? Yes. 

Pairing: Hunri

 

Synopsis: Yerim meets a strange boy on her way home from college and he manages to shake up her rigid life in mere seconds. Or the Kyle XY au that no one asked for.

 

 

Yerim sighed on her way home from the bus stop as she looked up at the night sky. It was already the fourth time that week that she had spent the majority of her evening at the library studying and she didn’t even have class. Finals season was upon her and the crisp air stinging her skin reminded her of that.

 

Everyone Yerim had ever known commended her on her ability to understand various concepts quickly and excel in all subjects, however she still couldn’t shake the feeling that she needed to study for hours and hours on end simply to pass a test. The pressure of her parents wanting her to succeed was like a heavy weight on her shoulders, nearly crushing her with every step she took. They wanted her to be perfect, but she wasn’t Joonmyeon and the constant stress was beginning to take a toll on her.

 

Her parents were professors, so she couldn’t blame them for their high regard for education and their need for her to be the perfect daughter. Yerim knew they loved to brag about her and her brother and she couldn’t fault them for that. Although it was tiring, she didn’t mind working hard to make her parents happy, as she surely wasn’t doing it to make herself happy.

 

Yerim made her way to the playground near her apartment building, it was small, old and held a strange eerie feeling around it. It was completely bare, as it should have been, seeing that the time was nearing midnight. The girl sat on the swings as she was accustomed to doing when her thoughts got the best of her. She slowly rocked back and forth, the cold metal of the swing making her shiver in the frosty December air.

 

Yerim heard ruffling in the bushes to the right of her and immediately froze. This was it, she was finally going to get murdered and her corpse would be thrown into a ditch. It’s what she got for staying out so late at night. She sluggishly turned her head in order to get a good look at her would be attacker, instead she found a completely boy.

 

The stunned girl tumbled face first into the mulch in front of her with her massive bookbag weighing her down. After many tries, Yerim was able to find her way onto her feet. She suspected that that was the time she was meant to call the police, instead she found herself staring at the individual who was staring back at her, either unaware that he was stark or uncaring.

 

“You know it’s illegal to walk around like …  this,” Yerim gestured to his appearance in a vague fashion. The boy did not answer her, he continued to stare blankly at the girl until she began to feel uncomfortable.

 

“Okay you’re a nutcase,” she muttered under her breath. She turned and began to walk in the way she had came. Unfortunately, her brain chose that exact moment to hold an argument with her on her moral code. The girl turned back around to look at him and instantly rolled her eyes to the moon. He was still staring at her with that confused expression that seemed to be his only expression and god he was shivering. What type of person would she be if she just left him here? Yerim’s subconscious would not give her a break.

 

“I’m out of my mind,” she said as she walked over to the indecently dressed individual, took off her winter coat and threw it over his shoulders, which did nothing to cover his nether regions. Had it not been for her many layers, the girl would have turned into a Yerim-cicle. She took the odd boy’s hand and began to lead him towards her apartment. Joonmyeon would surely scold her until the day she died. Oh the things she did for humanity.

 

Yerim punched in the code to her apartment and mentally thanked the heavens that no one was awake at that ungodly hour, lest they see her bringing a man into her home. She quickly pushes him inside and forces him into the bathtub, because that’s how you stop hypothermia, right? She fills the bathtub with warm water and hoped he knew how to bathe himself..

 

“Are you hungry?” All he does is stare blankly at her, “I’ll take that as a yes.” As Yerim exits her bathroom, she makes mental note of the fact he does NOT have a bellybutton and saves that in her mental list of unusual things about this person that she welcomed into her home.

 

Not being anything close to a chef, Yerim heats leftover pizza in the microwave and calls that a gourmet dinner. She returns to the bathroom to find the guy sitting in the exact same position she left him in, doing nothing but getting pruney. Yerim mentally cursed herself.

 

She kneeled down and began to wash his hair, “Close your eyes.” Yerim silently cheered at the fact that he understood her for the first time ever. She continued to lather his hair until she felt it was clean, then moved on to the rest of his body. Yerim wondered if the boy in front of her was homeless. Did he have a family, someone for her to contact? Did he even know how to speak?

 

Yerim told him to dry himself and handed him some male clothes she found deep in her closet, “You do know how to do that right?” She hoped so, she didn’t know if she had the patience to dress someone who was not a child. Much to her satisfaction, he exited the bathroom looking like a proper human being. The clothing fit him in the way that she expected them to. The pair of sweatpants fit him far above his ankles as the man was miles taller than Joonmyeon or any boyfriend she had ever had.

 

She gestured for him to sit down across from her and handed him a slice of two day old pizza. She watched as he devoured the first and tentatively reached for a second. “So … do you have a name?” He stopped chewing and stared at her in the way he always did.

 

“Okay, I guess that’s a no,” Yerim looked at the cover of the magazine haphazardly strewn across the table. Exo’s Sehun was plastered on the cover looking tall, handsome, y, good enough to eat … she cleared to rid herself of the indecent thoughts. Yerim held the magazine cover next to the boy across from her. They had an uncanny resemblance.

 

“Sehun, I’ll call you Sehun,” Yerim said. She pointed to herself, “Yerim. I am Yerim.” Then pointed to Sehun, “Sehun, you are Sehun.”

 

Sehun stared at her for half a beat and then pointed to himself and imitated her, “Sehun.” Despite herself Yerim jumped to her feet and began cheering and clapping. Because that’s what you did, right? When someone spoke their first words?

 

For the first time since she had met him (which wasn’t long ago at all), Sehun smiled at her, likely from the intense praise he was receiving. Yerim reached over across the table to ruffle Sehun’s hair and marvelled at the silky softness of it. She quickly retracted her hand before things got weird. At that point Sehun took it upon himself to let out the most adorable yawn Yerim had ever had the pleasure of witnessing. She had to stop herself from literally cooing at him.

 

Yerim placed the two plates in the dishwasher (a blessing to a person who dislikes the very notion of cleaning) and leads Sehun to the couch where he would be residing for the night. She lays out a pillow and blankets for him to sleep with and makes sure he’s actually on the couch sleeping and not just staring at it.

 

The exhaustion only hit her once she entered her room. Her body felt like it was made of lead and she couldn’t get to her bed fast enough. It was past three am and she actually had a class to attend the next morning. The girl would be in big trouble come tomorrow and she realized that fact just before she drifted off to slumber.

 

Yerim’s eyes flew open at the sound of her doorbell. There were only two people who would actually have the audacity to show up at her home at o’ clock in the morning. All tiredness immediately wicked away, she fumbled off her bed and practically ran to the living room where Sehun was sitting and staring out the window.

 

“Sehun, I need you to do me a favor,” she said as she began to relentlessly drag him into her bedroom, “I need you to stay in here until I come get you. You have to stay super quiet.” In a sudden burst of energy Yerim sprinted to her front door and flung it open to reveal the two people who just happened to show up at the most inopportune time.

 

“Joonmyeon, Joohyun, welcome to my humble abode.” Yerim didn’t know where the sudden sarcasm came from.

 

Her brother eyed her for a moment before stepping in, “What took you so long? Do you have a guy here?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter