Enchantment

Loving Someone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Synopsis: Kyungsoo was captivating in a rare sort of way and more beautiful than he had any right to be, and Sooyoung couldn’t possibly look away.

 

Pairing: Double Soo/ Soo2

 

 

 

Do Kyungsoo was notorious for his tendency to glare at everyone and anyone. Crowds parted in his presence despite his shorter stature and even teachers felt a chill if he eyed them for too long.

 

Park Sooyoung, the chic ice princess who was never known for smiling or aegyo, more so for her unique vocals and constant star roles in the school’s musical productions. Sooyoung didn’t smile often, the reason being that she was only comfortable around her younger friend Yerim and same age friends Yerin and Hayoung.

 

The two infamous individuals met at the only place that is known to everyone to be Sooyoung’s territory. Auditions for the biggest musical production of the year, the spring showing of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, would begin in mere minutes. Sooyoung, of course, was auditioning for the lead role of Snow White. There was no one more beautiful than her.

 

There was the usual drama kids practicing their lines, all of them familiar faces, all except for one. Sooyoung, being the girl she was, decided to scope out the fresh meat.

 

“Who are you?” The girl walked up to him with confidence in her stride and a curious air about her.

 

He looked up from the lines he had been religiously rehearsing up until that very moment, “Who’s asking?” Sooyoung raised an eyebrow, she liked him.

 

“Park Sooyoung and I have been given the coveted role of Snow White.”

 

The boy eyed her with a confused of his eyebrow, “But they haven’t even held auditions yet.”

 

Sooyoung thought he was cute. “That’s besides the point.” Before the conversation could continue, Mrs. Byun clappped her hands and informed the restless students that auditions would begin shortly. The boy was gone and Sooyoung found herself a seat until her name was called. However, being the first one to sign up, she was immediately called to the stage within minutes of sitting.

 

“Sooyoung, I’ve been looking forward to this, I know you won’t disappoint,” Mrs. Byun gave her a small smile and a signal for her to begin. Sooyoung took a deep breath-

Following her audition, Sooyoung knew she had the lead role in the palm of her hand and she proceeded to tell her best friends exactly that as they exited the school. She didn’t know why they still stuck around to see all her auditions and she had often inquired of them the reason. As much as she didn’t understand, she still felt her acting always turned out better when she saw their familiar faces in a crowd of people who would inevitably judge her.

 

The actors for each respective role was listed on the school bulletin board the very next day. Sooyoung, as expected, was given the lead role of Snow White. The prince was casted as an individual by the name of Do Kyungsoo, someone who has never been in a school production before, Sooyoung, of course, would know. Before she could ponder on the boy that she did not know, her friends pulled her off to class, chattering about how proud they were that she had snagged the lead role once more.

 

Practice began that same afternoon and Mrs. Byun made it very clear that understudies were already in place in case her expectations were not met. Sooyoung felt a familiar chill down her spine as she imagined someone below her in skill performing her role. It was definitely something she did not want to see. Mrs. Byun called Sooyoung and Kyungsoo to center stage and Sooyoung watched as the boy she had met the previous day and Do Kyungsoo merged into one.

 

“Ah, my precious star actors,” the woman dramatically clamped her hands together. She watched as the two awkwardly greeted each other before handing each a thick script. “I expect these to be memorized by next Friday and that’s me being generous. Don’t dissapoint me.”

 

The pair exited the stage in order to get to know each other for the sake of chemistry before their first script rehearsal in the days to come. “So you’re Do Kyungsoo,” Sooyoung said, more to herself than to him.

 

“In the flesh,” the boy gestured to himself awkwardly.

 

“Is this your first time doing something like this?” Sooyoung asked, sliding her back down the wall until she hit the ground and resting her script beside her.

 

“Yes and no.” Kyungsoo sat on the ground opposite her in Indian fashion. “I’m part of the youth theatre group for the city, but I’ve never done a school production before.” Sooyoung nodded slowly, but in her heart she was more than jealous. She had inquired about the city’s youth theatre group more than once, but she was constantly given excuses about why they could not accept her.

 

“Here you are, the star pupils,” Kyungsoo grimaced at the voice coming from behind him and he could see that Sooyoung rolled her eyes heavenward.

 

“Go away Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo sighed, he knew his meeting with Baekhyun was inevitable. “Did you get cast as Maleficent? Or maybe a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter