Chapter Two

Don't Recall

"What do you say?" Somin asked.

 

We were now at my place, and it's already 6PM. I've slept for 7 hours. 

 

I pretended to think about it.

 

"I told you, she needs more rest bec—," I cut off Taehyung with a yes.

 

Taehyung blinked. "What?"

 

I shrugged. "Sure, I'd love to come. I can't spend my first day back in Korea at home. I've already rested enough already," I said, which was completely true.

 

Taehyung had his mouth slightly open while Somin squealed. "Yay! Okay, okay, let's get you dressed!" 

 

I looked at my outfit. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

 

She scoffed. "You slept with that outfit straight from the airport. It's all wrinkly and not to mention might've been drooled on. Take a shower and dress up, we'll wait."

 

I rolled my eyes but complied because yes, I'm pretty sure I drooled.

 

Twenty minutes later, I was ready and dressed in some shorts and a t-shirt. It was a house party with only us three—oh and plus the birthday guy—so I think I'm fine.

 

The next five minutes later, we were in front of a very familiar doorstep. 

 

The same house a few blocks away from mine stood in front of me. The same house I used to come to often. The same house radiated the same rich vibe, being modern and all painted white and brown.

 

As soon as the car halted to its stop, Somin immediately went out, rang the doorbell and was greeted by an also very familiar guy.

 

The same guy in all his 6'1 glory. The same guy I used to come to often. 

 

The same Matthew I know.

 

He looked down at Somin, who said something—I'm guessing it was happy birthday—and smiled at her. His eyes filled with something I was also familiar with.

 

The same stare I used to see often. The same stare he used to give me.

 

He then leaned forward and kissed Somin's forehead.

 

I didn't realized I already in a breath.

 

"Jiwoo-yah, I'm sorry—," Taehyung started to speak, he was looking back from the driver's seat, but was cut off by the passenger door opening. 

 

Somin poked her head inside, "Let's go inside!" She said happily and was about to go back to the guy in front of the house's door when I called for her.

 

"Somin-ah."

 

Somin looked back at me, the smile never wearing off. "Yes, Jiwoo-yah?" She asked.

 

I first flashed a small smile at Taehyung, who was staring at me. Then I looked at Somin.

 

"I actually heard about," I started to speak but kind of choked. "He who must not be named," I said after clearing my throat.

 

She gasped. "Really? What? What?" She asked, smiling even wider.

 

I took in a deep breath before trying to flash a genuine smile.

 

"He's got someone new. And he seems very happy," I said with that genuine smile attempt.

 

What shocked me was, is that the smile actually felt genuine. And that was what mattered.

 

---

 

"Jiwoo-yah," Taehyund said quietly. We were now outside his car. Only the two of us, the other two were now inside the house.

 

"Yeah?" I looked at him.

 

He stared at me for a few seconds before sighing. "I'm sorry."

 

I wanted to play dumb and pretend like I didn't know what he was sorry for, but I couldn't. So I just leaned on his car and looked at the road.

 

"Why?" I asked. 

 

"Have you known before?" He countered.

 

I turned to face him. "Why, Taehyung?" I looked straight at his eyes.

 

He looked away. "I...guess I didn't know how to tell you."

 

I looked down. 

 

"It's just that, both you and Matthew are my friends. And now Somin's in the picture too, and she also become our friend. I," he choked. "I didn't know what to do, Jiwoo-yah," he looked at me. "I still don't."

 

I understood him. Taehyung, me and Matthew went way back. We've been friends since elementary. Taehyung and Matthew were family friends, and Taehyung was always at Matthew's. Since Matthew was kind of my neighbor, we became friends. Taehyung became my friend as well.

 

Somin came a little bit later. Just the year before I went to Australia, she was my classmate and we got close, together with Taehyung. I'd been so happy to finally have a girl bestfriend.

 

One thing led to another and now I just knew that my new bestfriend is dating my ex-boyfriend. And she doesn't know a single thing.

 

I punched Taehyung in the gut. 

 

"Ouch!" He groaned. "What was that for?!" He was clutching his stomach, grimacing.

 

"Next time, tell me everything," I smiled. "I'm a strong girl, you know. I could handle everything," I said.

 

He let go of his stomach and his face softened. "I know you are. And yes, next time, I definitely will," he smiled back.

 

"Let's go inside?" He asked.

 

I nodded. "Lead the way," I said and he laughed. We walked to the front door an before he opened it, I spoke.

 

"You've known me for a very long time now, Taehyung-ah. You should know that I'm not able to sleep when the car isn't moving," I told him.

 

He looked confused, even tilting his head and furrowing his eyebrows. "What?"

 

I just looked at him, smirking.

 

Then it hit him. His eyes and mouth widened, his hands slowly reaching to cover his mouth. "Traffic. A while ago. Somin. We talked. Matthew called," he muttered.

 

I laughed, opened the door, and stepped inside.

 

 


[a/n] so my poor bwoo heart is lacking affection bec there's only a few bwoo ffs written (AND MOST OF THEM ARE NOT EVEN COMPLETE YET LIKE WHAAAAAT) and I swear I've already read them all (I EVEN READ J.WOO FFS EVEN THO THEY HURT MY POOR SOUL) I understand tho, since they're new and all. but if anyone knows good bwoo fanfics, recommend some please!!! And I really want to thank you all for the love this ff is getting, both in wattpad and aff I LOVE U ALL!!! Oh and i'm terribly sorry for the lack of updates kekeke.