Chapter Three

Don't Recall

"Where are they?" I hear Somin's voice as I entered the house.

That pang of recognition hit me hard. I can't help but take in a breath as I roam my eyes around the kitchen. Everything looks the same.

Yes, in the Kim household, it's the kitchen that welcomes you after you step inside. Father Kim—Matthew's dad—believed that nothing welcomes anyone more than a kitchen filled with food does. And Mother Kim—Matthew's mom—believes that the best way to leave the house is after eating.

God, I miss them.

"I'll drag Taehyung, wait," Matthew's voice. I'm guessing they're in the living room, which was the room after the kitchen. I hear his footsteps but it suddenly stopped. "Wait, they?"

"Ah! We just picked up a friend from the airport. We thought today's the perfect time to introduce you guys!" Somin said.

"Oh really? Cool," Matthew said, Cool being in english. Okay, wow, so I missed that too.

"I'll go get them then," he said and the footsteps got closer.

I panicked for a second but I remembered I had nothing to worry about. He was gonna be someone I just met because of mutual friends, and that it was nothing to worry about.

So once again I took a deep breath and looked back at Taehyung who just entered the house. "What took you so long?"

He shrugged. "Had to let my stupidity sink in," he said and I laughed.

"You're here! Taehyung-ah, let's go to the living, food's already set up," Matthew's voice chirped from behind me.

"Oh, she the one you picked up from the airport?" Typical Matthew speaking his 'swag' english. Of course, he was pertaining to me.

So I spun around with a smile, "Yes, hello!" I said and waved at him.

His smile slowly faltered and his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm Jeon Jiwoo. The guys said it's your birthday today? Happy birthday!" I even clapped my hands. It was a mannerism, clapping my hands when saying something exciting. And birthdays are always exciting. I mean, food and music? Oh yes.

He just stared at me.

"Yah, are you okay?" I asked him. He still hadn't said a word.

"Bro, don't get too surprised," Taehyung laughed behind me. "She got fat, didn't she?" He added.

I hissed and elbowed him on the side since he was now standing beside me. He grunted. "Dang girl, what got you so violent?"

"You," I rolled my eyes.

Matthew cleared his throat. "Um..."

I turned to look at him. "I think you should introduce yourself too, you know? I mean, it's what normal people do," I shrugged.

He was still gaping. Okay, this is not going anywhere.

Suddenly, Somin emerged from Matthew's back. "Oh good! You've met each other! Did you introduce yourselves already?" Somin asked as she clinged on to Matthew's arms.

I nodded. "I did, he still didn't," I pointed Matthew who just got out of his daze. He even shook his head slightly.

"Right, sorry. I'm Matthew, Kim Matthew," he said.

"Matthew? You're from the States?" I asked him. He furrowed his eyebrows, maybe thinking that it's weird that I keep asking things I already knew. I might have to agree on that, but this is for the best. I think.

He reluctantly nodded. "Yeah, LA."

I nodded back. "Cool," I said in english and was taken aback by it. Another mannerism, I seem to have caught up on Matthew's english that I often speak in english too.

I saw him smile at that. "Okay then, let's go the living room," he said and we all followed.

The living room, too, was still the same. This is just too amazing that it's getting funny already.

They all sat down on the bean bags set up in the middle of the living room, in the middle of the couches. A fur carpet lay beneath us and in the middle of the circle was a small table that held a lot of snacks.

"Wait, I'll get you a beanbag," Taehyung stood up and ran to the basement. For the meanwhile, I sat on the couch.

"Oh, almost forgot the ramyun!" Matthew stood up. Yes, ramyun, never forget.

"That you cannot forget," Somin agreed. "And I'll take care of the drinks," then she looked at me. "Jiwoo-yah, when Taehyung-ah comes back, tell him to get some tissue from the restroom," Somin said and stood up as well.

"Wait, I can get that myself," I stood up and was about to walk when Somin said, "But you don't know where the restroom is, Silly Jiwoo-yah," she chuckled.

Oh.

"Right," I looked back and let out a forced chuckle, I saw Matthew look at me and I looked away. "I guess I'll just... sit here?" I reluctantly said and sank down the couch.

"Don't worry about anyting, Jiwoo-yah. You're a guest, feel at home and let us do the work," Somin winked and made her way to the kitchen to fetch the drinks.

"Yep, guest," I quietly told myself.

Matthew cleared his throat, "I'll get the ramyun," he said and I just nodded, and he also walked to the kitchen.

Wow, this is going to be harder than I thought.


[a/n] loooool i'm getting tired of all the drama (my bwoo heart is sooo shook right now) I want to add in some fluff but it's still not the right time :------( please don't hesitate to leave reactions or something because I really want to know if i'm doing this right lololol. thanks for all the read, subs, upvotes and comments omgggggg!!! <3