Chapter Four

Don't Recall

"How much do we need to walk?" I groaned.

"We're almost there," Taehyung said.

I gaped at him. "You said that five minutes ago!"

"And five minutes before that," Matthew said behind me, groaning as well.

Taehyung just chuckled, Somin did too. 

We were outside the mall walking for like twenty minutes already to get to the sushi resto. Taehyung was beside me and Matthew and Somin were behind us.

Suddenly Taehyung leaned in to my side, "You're still both hungry hippos," he whispered so I shoved him away.

"Shut up, idiot."

He laughed at me again and we all continued to walk. Right throught the piercing heat, gosh.

Then finally, finally, we stopped in front of a retro looking shop—gray brick walls and neon signs, even a giant neon sushi right beside the sign Sushi Ave.

We went inside and picked out the corner booth where we were seated in a semi-circle. Matthew got in first, followed by Somin, me then Taehyung. 

"Woah, this place is wow," I couldn't contain my excitement as I roamed my eyes around the area. I spoke in english because I usually do when I get amazed. Or I just usually blurt out things in english. Perks of living in Australia.

"I know right, damn. Look at these walls," I hear Matthew exclaim and touch the wall behind us.

"Oooh, and these neons!" I said and touched the sign above us—or atleast tried to.

"Yah, shorty, you'll break your arm," Matthew laughed and I snorted.

"I'm getting taller, you know?" I glared at him and tried to reach the sign, but it was just too damn high so I gave up and just stood up to touch it. It was hot, but not hot enough to burn my skin or make the booth hot. It was still pretty cold inside.

"Oh really?" He asked, amusement laced his question. "How—," he started to say but was cut off.

"Yah! Stop speaking in english!" Somin said and I was surprised that we were still talking in english. I looked at Matthew and saw that he was also taken aback.

Old habits never die, do they?

"I only understood wow and damn," Somin frowned. "What about you, Taehyung-ah?" She turned to Taehyung who also almost had the same confusion etched on Somin's face.

"Uh, I think I got tall, wall and arm," Taehyung said.

"When I met you Jiwoo-yah, I struggled to understand what you were saying because you kept speaking in english all the time!" She told me then turned to Matthew, "And you, Matt-ah, when I met you, I struggled the same!" She exclaimed and then this time, turned to Taehyung.

"Yah! You better not learn to much english, got it?" She pointed at Taehyung and narrowed her eyes.

Taehyung has his eyes widened as he nodded reluctantly. 

Wow, Somin's on fiyaaaah.

Then Matthew chuckled. "I'm sorry, Som-ah," he said. Now, in korean. "Don't worry, I told you I'll teach you english, didn't I?" Matthew said and looked down on Somin with a gentle smile.

The frown on Somin's face was replaced with a smile of her own, "Serious?" Somin asked.

Matthew ruffled Somin's hair and slung his arm on her shoulders, "Of course, silly," he said. "Now how about we order?" Somin nodded.

I felt a nudge on my ribs, "You okay there?" Taehyung asked. 

I gave him a look, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, you know..." Taehyung drawled out.

I raised an eyebrow.

He made a face, "Promise me you won't punch me in the gut?"

"I promise."

"Okay then. Because they—"

"I don't promise to punch you in other parts of you though. I'm thinking face, what do you think, Tae?" I asked and smiled at him as he pursed his lips.

"You know what? Let's order! I hate to make you wait," he told me and called the attention of the other two that we were gonna order.

Taehyung raised his hand and a waiter immediately came to our booth with the menu.

"Who'll go first?" Taehyung asked.

"We'll go first," Matthew said, pertaining to him and Somin.

"I'll take the Hamachi Yellow Tail, and a ripe mango shake," Matthew said and turned to Somin, "Your turn."

"Um, i'll have the Tako Octopus and iced tea," Somin said.

I looked at her and cringed. "You eat that?"

She chuckled and rolled her eyes. "I have unique taste.

"My turn!" Taehyung said. "I'll have the Saba Mackerel and lemonade."

The waiter jotted down the orders. "And you, miss?" He looked at me.

I looked at the menu, "Maguro Tuna, Hamachi Yellow Tail and Ebi Shrimp. A green mango shake please," I told the waiter.

All three turned their heads to me.

"That many, Jiwoo-yah?" Somin asked.

"Wow, what pig," Taehyung said.

"Yuck, green mango shake?" Matthew reacted.

"I'm hungry, Somin-ah," I only chose to answer Somin and just glared at the two. I'm hungry, and all that walking made me hungrier. And I loved green mango shake!

The waiter walked away after a bow and a few minutes later, we were served with both the sushis and the drinks.

"Seriously. Green mango shake, I never get why you liked that. I still wonder until now," Matthew said as he eyed my shake.

"What your problem with my shake?" I asked him, narrowing my eyes at him.

He shrugged. "Well, it's green. And not ripe. It's like an insult to my shake," he said and gestured his ripe mango shake."

He always hated my taste of beverage.

I scoffed. "Well, your face is an insult," I said and took a sip of my shake.

"Oooh, nice one Jiwoo-yah!" Somin said and high-fived me.

Then she turned to Matthew. "Wait, how did you know Jiwoo liked green mangoes?" She asked.

Matthew furrowed his eyebrows. "How would I not?" 

It was Somin's turn to grow confused. The look on her face made something click in Matthew's head.

"I mean—how would I not? How would I not, when I heard Taehyung tell Jiwoo he'll treat him a green mango shake?" Matthew added a laugh. An akward one at that.

I turned to Taehyung. "Oh really?" I smirked.

"I—," he sighed. "Yeah, I did," he said and I hear him whisper. "Goddamit, Matthew."

Somin didn't look too sure but she laughed and was about to say something when her phone vibrated.

I noticed Taehyung take out his phone too. 

"Oh!" Somin exclaimed and looked at Taehyung was already looking at her. "We totally forgot!" Taehyung said.

Forgot what?

"Oh gosh. We need to go!" Somin said and stood up, pushing Matthew aside to get out of the booth.

"Yah, what's happening?" Matthew asked after Somin got out of the booth.

"Somin and I had a group project on History, and we were supposed to meet up with our groupmates two hours ago. The deadline's this afternoon," Taehyung exclaimed and went out of the booth too.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "So you're gonna leave?" 

They both nodded and went straight for the door. 

Leaving me with Matthew, and six plates of sushi.


[a/n] I don't know what to write anymore I don't know what scene or what the dialogues should be or something aaaaagh i'm stressed out bwahaha. this is why this chapter seemed too forced, I just really wanted to make up a scene where Matthew and Jiwoo would be left alone so they could finally talk things out and blah blah blah. please please please bear with me and continue to read this! xoxo love u all! (omg sorry for not updating for so long!!! I actually forgot abt my aff acc HUHU & i'm starting school just yesterday omg!!)