Insurance

Of Coffee, Love, and Other Things That Leave Stains (Part 4)

Before we had separated to our beds Nichkhun had asked me to just show up straight to work the next day; no coffee beforehand.  So this morning I haul myself to work feeling both cranky and an early onset of a caffeine headache.

           I open the door to Nichkhun’s dressing room and smell the rich aroma of coffee permeating the entire space.A quiet “yum!” escapes my lips, as I enjoy the blissful, heavenly smell.

           “I invested in some insurance for your prompt arrival to work” Nichkhun tells me while pointing to the most amazing coffee maker ever.  It was orange (my favorite color) and the buttons were ‘Nightmare Before Christmas’ characters.

           “Where on earth did you find this?” I exclaim “I could just hug you!”

           “Well, why don’t you?” He chuckles.

           “Why don’t I what?” I absent mindedly ask while admiring the coffee pot.

           “This…” he whispers as he pulls me into a hug.

           “I like this” I cuddle into his chest, “this right here is enough to bring me in to work on time”.

           “Oh, well then, I will just return the insurance I bought” he states nonchalantly.

           “No you won’t!” I say as I move to protect the precious coffee pot. “My coffee!” I jokingly hiss.

           “Yes, your coffee, my little coffee fiend”.

           “And how” I approve of his nickname for me. I then move to the make-up chair and indicate for Nichkhun to sit down.

           “So, what’s today’s concept?”  Nichkhun asks.

           “It’s Arthur and Guinevere” I tell him.

           “That’s fine and all, but I think I like the story of Lancelot and the Lady of Shalott better” Nichkhun muses, “And I think they are due for a happy ending in this modern version”.  He grabs my hand lacing our fingers together and softly kisses the back of it before we finally get to work.