Coffee

Of Coffee, Love, and Other Things That Leave Stains (Part 4)

Nichkhun, the Thai Prince, is giving me his best dissatisfied look when I walk into the dressing room.

           “Sorry. Sorry.” I apologize, “I know I’m late, but I just had to get my morning coffee”.  He continues to give me the same look of dissatisfaction.  “Really, I’m sorry. |‘Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry’|” I apologize again, this time breaking out into Super Junior.  When his look continues I finally asked “What?”

           “Your morning coffee? Which one? The first or sixth?”   

           “It’s not my sixth! It’s only my fourth!”

           “One of these days you’re going to turn into coffee,” Nichkhun says with a laugh in his voice. “But really ______,” he says turning serious once again “please try not to be late, I don’t want us to look bad in front of Victoria’s staff, and I specially picked you to be the one to come along”.

           “I know, and I am sorry” I embarrassedly respond, “it won’t happen again”.

           Nichkhun had picked me out of all of 2PMs coordinating staff to be his personal coordinator on the set of ‘We Got Married’.  This was a huge deal for two reasons: I was the youngest member of the staff (one year younger than the Thai Prince himself infact), and two we were currently filming at a castle in England.  I got to visit England for a whole week!

           I suppose there is also a third reason I should mention, I absolutely adore Nichkhun.  I was in love with him actually.  I know that women from all over love Nichkhun for his cute acts and gentle personality, but his personality was so different than the person saw on TV, and yet very similar, if you know how to read him.  He was gentle, but he was way more playful and silly than most realize.  He was a perfectionist, and would pout if things didn’t go his way; it was part of his charm.  Of course working on a set where he is supposed to be “married” to someone wasn’t super fun for me, but I enjoy any time I get to spend with the Thai heartthrob.

           “Well should we get to work?” I ask Nichkhun.

           “Sounds like a plan,” he responds “What’s the concept for today? I mean beyond the usually eau-du-coffee I pick up from spending time around you” he teases me, offering up a sarcastic wink.

           “Oh-Mee-Gawd! You Winked! Be still my fluttering heart!” I return the sarcasm, both of us knowing that Nichkhun didn’t like being ‘the wink machine’, but it was something his position in 2PM had turned him into.  We have grown close over the past year and a half I have been working for 2PM, and usually joke in this manner. “Off to the make-up chair we go!”