Chapter Five: Medieval (Part Three)

Back in Time

 

"What is it that you wanted to tell me?"
 
Gwiboon sighs and gestures at the bench.
 
"We should sit."
 
Jinki takes the small cloth from his pocket to wipe the seat and Gwiboon smiles at the gesture.
 
She sits and folds her gloved hands against her lap. "Jinki? We may never say it in words, but you must know how much I love you right?"
 
Jinki freezes and doesn't say anything. Gwiboon smiles and takes his hand, twining their fingers together.
 
"Jinki?"
 
He sighs, tightening the grip.
 
"I--I love you too. Very much so."
 
Gwiboon smiles sadly.
 
"So is that all you wanted to tell me?"
 
She lays her head against his shoulders, nodding.
 
"Yes, and... that I really miss you even though we just saw each other yesterday?"
 
He wraps an arm around her shoulders to pull her close, his heart aching. Closing his eyes, he inhales the sweet scent of her hair. Jinki knows that he will always treasure this moment, most especially when he eventually returns to his own time.
 
"I love you, Gwiboon. I really do."
 
"I know, and I love you too. I always will, I hope you know."
 
 
 
 
 
The next day, he was back for another jousting training with Minho.
 
His friend was an excellent teacher. There really was no one else suited to train his clumsy self and with Minho's guidance he was doing exceptionally well.
 
After the training, Minho claps him on the back enthusiastically.
 
"You did great! At this rate, I'm sure you'll do well in the tournament. Speaking of which, we should get you signed up as soon as possible and while we do that we should drop by the fair at the marketplace by the castle too. Should be fun."
 
"A fair?"
 
"Yeah. Want to go?"
 
He shrugs his shoulders and nods. "Okay. I'll ask Taemin if he wants to come along too."
 
"Sounds good. I haven't seen your younger brother in awhile. Up for another round?"
 
"You bet."
 
 
 
 
The fair was in full swing, plenty of people filling the marketplace.
 
"It's been awhile I've seen this place so busy! Hyung, where to first? Let's try that magician booth. Minho hyung? You want to come?"
 
Jinki hides a small smile, watching how his younger brother bounced excitedly on his feet. Taemin was a bundle of energy, in all lifetimes it seemed.
 
"If Minho doesn't mind? I'd like to go and see the display of swords and armor in the other booth."
 
Minho shakes his head and Taemin smiles happily, immediately looping his hands around the stoic older boy's arms.
 
"Let's go! Jinki hyung, let's meet up in about an hour, okay?"
 
He smiles and nods, watching as Minho gets dragged by his younger brother. Not that he thinks Minho minds all that much. In fact, if he wasn't mistaken, Minho would do just about anything for Taemin and that wasn't anything new.
 
He looks around, when something suddenly catches his attention.
 
The sign was hard not to miss and the booth was interesting enough as it was, but what caught his attention was the mysterious lady behind it.
 
A gypsy. That's what they called her. The sign bearing her name: Madame Treleyne: I have all the answers you seek.
 
He had to see her.
 
 
 
 
Jinki sits, fidgeting.
 
"You are not from this time, my boy. You are here for a reason, to right a wrong, and you will succeed if you have the courage to follow your heart. I see, I see a young woman that you have loved all lifetimes, but, somehow things haven't worked out for the both of you. I can sense, that she loves you just as much."
 
It would be an understatement that Jinki was floored by the gypsy's answers.
 
"There is a way, my child, to right this. You will need to travel to another lifetime, several in fact, and I will be able to help you with that. All the answers you seek will be found eventually."
 
"I--how did you know?"
 
The woman smiles secretly, a gleam in her eyes. "I just do. Now, focus on the pendelum in this locket and breathe deeply. When I say so, you must close your eyes."
 
He did as he was told, the gypsy's hypnotic voice gradually echoing further away in the distance.
 
When he opens his eyes a little later, the gypsy's voice disappearing into thin air, the first thing he sees is a young woman in a gown, surrounded by a beautiful garden, her long auburn hair up, decorated with pearls.
 
Gwiboon.
 
It was definitely Gwiboon, and he wanted to touch her, to make sure she was real but for some odd reason he couldn't move.
 
Where was he?
 
Then he knew, noticing the outfit he had on, a cravat, paired with fine trousers, a walking stick and a hat.
 
He was in the Regency era.