The Hawks

The Last Man Standing

Cheers roared as Kyuhyun walked through the antechamber and out onto the citadel balcony. He raised his hand to greet his people. Once again he led them to victory.

 

Kyuhyun waited until the cheers subsided.

 

“My people! Today Lord Seth lavished us another victory. Great is the Holy power of revival! Bow down to Lord Seth and you all will be saved! Death shall have no place among us! Let us loudly shout our praise! All praise be to Lord Seth!”

 

“All praise be to Lord Seth!” Cheers flooded the whole city.

 

Countless hawks soared into the sky, accompanying the cheers.

 

The Hawks, the forces that wiped out X and now conquering Y.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes followed the hawks and shifted to the top of the citadel, where he knew Lord Seth resided. Immediately he sensed the pair of eyes watching his every move. His mouth felt dry. He hoped his uneasiness didn’t show.

 

……

 

“See he’s feeling uneasy.” Among the crowd, Hyukjae whispered to Donghae.

 

“It’s your own imagination!” Donghae responded without thinking, and right away regretted it.

 

A couple of uneasy moments passed. Donghae glanced sideway at Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae was quiet.

 

Tentatively Donghae reached out to Hyukjae. Hyukkie…

 

……

 

Hyukkie… please… I’m sorry…

 

… I told you. He’s deceived. He has a good heart.

 

……

 

Donghae! Don’t judge him!

 

… Okay… But Hyukkie…

 

Um…?

 

This Kyuhyun, your new friend, has just defeated our comrades! Think about all our brothers!

 

……

 

Hyukkie… we are here to assassinate Kyuhyun. That’s the order!

 

Donghae… I saw him tend to the sick and old, doing all sorts of chores every normal human being finds disgusting…

 

Donghae forcefully swallowed his words, knowing all too well those would push Hyukjae, his dearest, further away…

 

Countless times the two special agents served their Kingdom well through assassination. Hyukjae had never hesitated before. But this time Hyukjae was very stubborn. He said Kyuhyun was different. Kyuhyun, unlike the targets of their previous missions, had a good heart.

 

Hyukjae wanted to try every means to redeem Kyuhyun. He would not agree to murder the cleric until he’s certain Kyuhyun was a lost cause.

 

Sighing, Donghae shifted his eyes back to Kyuhyun. No matter how much he wanted to deny, Donghae witnessed the irresistible charisma of the royal prince and at the same the high cleric of the Hawks. A few moments later, Kyuhyun disappeared into the darkness behind the antechamber.

 

……

 

Hyukjae sprinkled freshly collected herbal tealeaves into a kettle, poured in water, lit a fire underneath, sat down and wordlessly stared at the fire.

 

Donghae was silently watching from the opposite side of the room. His heart was sour carrying the knowledge that the tea was meant for Kyuhyun. When it came to Hyukjae he easily got jealous. And it’s no secret among friends that Donghae was super possessive in this regard.

 

Why did Hyukjae have to treat Kyuhyun differently? Why did Kyuhyun have to be different? Yes Donghae himself had to admit… that Kyuhyun was different. Kyuhyun posed a way bigger challenge compared to the targets they had in the past.

 

As Donghae watched, he felt the captivating power of Hyukjae on him again. His eyes uncontrollably traced Hyukjae’s face contour, his nose, his lips, his jawline… There’s simply no way Donghae could take his eyes off that milky white skin…

 

Donghae’s heart skipped a beat when Hyukjae turned to look at him. Hyukjae’s innocent smile effortlessly melted Donghae.

 

Hyukjae then stood up to pour the freshly brewed tea into a cup and readied the rest of the tea set.

 

Hyukkie… Softly Donghae hugged Hyukjae from behind. Don’t stay too long over there please… You… You know me… Lovingly Donghae planted a soft kiss on Hyukjae’s cheek. His lips lingered there.

 

Hyukjae took Donghae’s hands and buried himself deeper in the other’s embrace. Donghae… after all we have been through… there’s no way anything will change between us… Don’t make up worries in your head.

 

But that Kyuhyun likes you. I know that. You know that.

 

Hyukjae turned to gazed at Donghae. “Donghae I love you only.”

 

Donghae grinned and pulled the other in for a kiss. Those plump lips were his heroin. He simply couldn’t get enough.

 

 

------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the delay. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Eunhae is back. ^___^

A/N2: Would you be so kind to like my page Joni0717? More likes I collect the better chance I can get my novels published. Please please please~~