Please Give Me Water

The Last Man Standing

On the other hand, Heechul helped tend to the injured. His heart ached seeing how much blood his fellow troop-mates had shed. In his heart he saluted each and every one of them. Their courage, determination and endurance made the impossible possible. It was a miracle they held the battle off through the darkest night until dawn. Heechul’s proud of them, proud of standing by and fighting along side with them.

 

At dusk Heechul reached Kibum’s bed. He kneeled down, set his medical kit on the floor and began checking Kibum’s condition.

 

Kibum had lost a lot of blood. He’s having a fever. A thin layer of sweat coated his pale face.

 

“Kibum do not worry. Now I re-bandage your shoulder. I will do it quickly so it won’t pain you too long.” Heechul heard Kibum respond, though his injuries prevented him from uttering clear and coherent words. Heechul then assumed Kibum could hear him. That sent a soothing sensation to Heechul’s heart.

 

With great care Heechul removed the blood-soaked bandages around Kibum’s shoulder. He dreaded as the wound was quite deep. He held his breath and halted when the unconscious Kibum groaned in pain.

 

Heechul went on to clean Kibum’s wound. Without doubt that was causing the other great pain. Kibum kept muttering. Heechul strived to steady his hands and complete the task as quickly as possible. He heaved a sigh when the new bandage was properly put in place.

 

“……”

 

It was at that moment Heechul realized what Kibum was saying in his unconscious state. For a long while Heechul was in shock. Motionless he stared at Kibum.

 

It has to be a mistake…

 

His heart pounding irregularly, Heechul looked around to make sure no one was within earshot. Keeping his voice as low as possible, he whispered into Kibum’s ear. “Your Majesty, how may your servant serve you?”

 

Heechul wasn’t sure if he wanted his suspicion confirmed or not. But he’s not given time to ponder. The next second Kibum responded more clearly and loudly. “Please give me water!”

 

Eyes widened, Heechul froze… The realization was a pang to his heart.

 

The ancient, forbidden language, the one that could cost your life if you dared to speak… X-ish… They were speaking X-ish!

 

Heechul wasn’t aware at first. It was Please give me water Kibum had been muttering all along!

 

That’s Heechul’s mother language. His mother, who used to be the Queen’s lady in waiting, married a Y-ian. They moved to live along the border of the two Kingdoms. That’s why Heechul could speak both languages.

 

X-ish was eliminated in her own lost land. But its fragments scattered into Y, and were allowed to diminish more slowly.

 

And in this ancient language, articles and verbs inflected based on social class. The same statement, spoken by royal family members, differed from one uttered by normal citizens. One simple statement enabled Heechul to tell right away Kibum had X’s royal blood in him.

 

In his unconscious state, Kibum retreated back to his subconscious. He unconsciously lowered the guard he had been carrying for the last 10 years. His true identity surfaced. He asked for water. And he did it through his true identity.

 

----------------------

A/N: I hope I made you curious again! ^_____^

A/N2: Thank you for your support! I really enjoy knowing what you think or what questions you have while reading. That helps me improve!!

A/N3: Would you be so kind to like my page Joni0717? More likes I collect the better chance I can get my novels published. Please please please~~