Outro

Your Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]

hey yall im still  s c r e a m i n g  abt this on twitter (also them in suits???? im-)

 

anyway i read all ur comments and i love them all (and when u guys say ur actually crying r u like REALLY ACTUALLY crying? like a real tear going down ur real face?? i never know)

 

ANYWAY ITS HERE, THE LAST CHAPTER U ASKED FOR... AND IT'S IN MINA'S POV FOR A CHANGE + its only one big section (although its shorter than my other chaps)

 

 

 

*insert this canon minayeon calling themselves minayeon*

 

 

---

I will never let you fall

I'll stand up with you forever

I'll be there for you through it all

Even if saving you sends me to heaven

-

 

The clouds gradually dissipated, clearing the way for the bright star. The blue of the sky warmed up as it approached late afternoon. The birds still flew around peacefully, chirps faint in the middle of the field. A ruffling of the grass interrupted the calm sounds of the traveling wind. The shadows of two figures briefly shaded the grey stone, before one left, leaving the other crouched down beside it. A soft hand slowly brushed through the engraved letters, the rain of yesterday had washed all the dust away.

 

 

In loving memory of

Im Nayeon

"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."

1995 - 2024

 

 

A year has passed. A long, tiresome year, but a year nonetheless.

"Hey. It's me."

A smile appeared on her face as her heart seemed to beat harder. As if it knew every time she visited. She clutched at her heart, enjoying the warmth that spread throughout her body, and not only because of the sun shining down on her. On them.

"Sana doesn't like to show it, but she misses you too."

She stared back at Sana in the distance, who was leaning against her car door. She was wearing her sunglasses, and seemed to relax into the feeling of her now light brown hair in the wind, waiting for Mina. 

A year has passed. But Mina still needed to be accompanied everywhere. Her family history had made her recovery a bit longer than usual.

"But I'm recovering," she explained. "Thanks to you."

The doctor had told her that the heart was a perfect match. As if it was made for her. As if it belonged to her.

She ran her hands through the grass, picking off stray leaves from her grave. It reminded her of the times she arranged the stray hair strands on her forehead.

 

A lone cherry blossom petal fell on the back of her hand. She gazed upwards to one of the few cherry blossom trees in the distance and wondered how it made its way here. She softly chuckled.

"You couldn't even wait until the blossoming season..." she said as she the petal. "You could've at least watched them for one last time..."

This was only the second time Mina had visited her. Her first time was right when they burried her, and she didn't take it too well. She didn't really have the opportunity to talk. They had to pull her away before she dug right into the fresh ground (which was another reason why Sana was here with her).

But it hurt her just as much being here as well.

"Now I have to watch them bloom alone... again."

That was a lie. Mina had refused to look at the trees last year. They were associated with too many good memories gone awry. Too many good memories that Mina had to accept were gone now.

 

Speaking of memories...

 

She pulled out a familiar looking scrapbook from her bag. One marked with faint blood marks on its edges, and dried out tears on its cover. Half of it had been left empty, seemingly for Mina to continue adding onto it.

She opened it on the last page Nayeon decorated. The iconic polaroid of both of them during their graduation day was glued in the middle of the page. The words 'Every end marks a new beginning...' written in a fine point left Mina with a bittersweet taste in .

That idiot... what was she thinking...

Mina had found it on their bed when she got home... When she actually decided to go home. Weeks spent at the hospital, followed by weeks spent at her father's home made way for dust to build up on the book.

She had refused to come close to their appartment, much less stepping inside. She never thought she would be ready to go back, knowing there wouldn't be anyone waiting for her once she opened their door. Knowing she wouldn't come back to a smile, of which two teeth were more prominent than others. Knowing she wouldn't come back to the burning smell of someone trying to cook. To the whining of someone who had lost their phone again. To someone who had slept the whole day instead of being productive. 

 

Knowing that she wouldn't come back to...

To Nayeon.

 

She remembered one step into their home was enough for her to start breaking apart. It felt so empty. The dark blue paint of their bedroom walls felt like ice to her eyes. The light of the sun didn't help warm the cold air filling up the place. For once, she didn't like being in their home.

"How cruel of you..." she whispered, staring at the blank page next to Nayeon's last message.

How cruel of you to have me complete this with my own memories, she thought. When you wouldn't be here to see it.

How cruel of you to wish me a happy life, and not be a part of it.

She remembered how Nayeon never brought her camera in the hospital, how she not once took a picture of Mina on that hospital bed. 

"Why would I want to remember this sad moment?" Nayeon's explanation resonated in Mina's head.

Nayeon should've. Mina should've convinced her to picture everything.

Nayeon should've taken all the pictures she wanted if she knew it would be their final moments together. Now Mina didn't have any photographs of how Nayeon looked in their last few months, in her last few months. She only had them in her mind, but her mind was full of too many other things for Mina to want to dwelve in them.

 

"How cruel..." she continued, shakily turning the pages that Nayeon filled, going through all the notes, reminiscing through all the pictures.

Did Nayeon think Mina wouldn't find out about what Nayeon did to the house? Did Nayeon think Mina wouldn't notice when her clothes weren't in the same order she usually put them on, when their chairs had been replaced, when there was a crack in their kitchen table Nayeon tried to cover up?

Did Nayeon think Mina wouldn't find pieces of glass from the mirror she probably broke, or from the frames that once held the pictures that were now in the scrapbook?

Did you think I wouldn't find out that the scars on your hands were because of me? That the scars in your heart were from you hiding your pain from me?

She felt her emotions surfacing again. She held back a cry. She couldn't start tearing up already. Not yet, anyway. 

She was a bit too busy with her health to properly grieve. This was the first time she was opening up, unfortunately to someone who couldn't even respond. 

 

She couldn't hold her crouching position for any longer. She sat down on th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter