#07

Fingertip Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

D-17

I went to work to see someone (probably Hyejin since she insisted on working overtime the day before, I should've known) has placed a huge countdown board for my wedding at our department's entrance. She also sticked along the invitation card I gave out just a day before with a nice reminder for everyone to save the date at the side. 

As much as I appreciate her effort, I couldn't stop myself from printing some of her own bad selfies and posting it next to my wedding invitation with a caption: If you come, you'll get to see me as Soeun's bridesmaid!

Even Inguk snorted at the sight of the pictures.

I took a picture of the whole board and sent it to Daniel; I got back a picture of crossed numbers on his calendar. 

 

D-13 

Daniel picked me up to have dinner at his house with his parents and later formally introduced me to his two cute cats, Peter and Rooney. They have a special living place on the first floor of the house, situated just outside Daniel's room. Perks of having a very rich and loving owner. Only when I saw the living area, I believed what Daniel's mother has to say on the over spoiled cats.

"But, they're females, aren't they?" I asked after spending some time observing the cats next to a very excited Daniel. 

"Yes," he replied, rubbing Peter's (or is it Rooney?) ear affectionately with a grin. 

"And you still named them that?" 

He looked up momentarily at me before cupping the cat's face. "I think the names are nice. They like it. Rooney is named after the football player and this one is after Spiderman because she likes to climb around." 

I didn't have the heart to actually tell Daniel that I'm not really fond of cats (or pets in general) at the sight of him getting all cutesy and squishy with his cats. He looked so happy; I could see it in the way his eyes crinkle in their mere presence, the way his lips pucker as he coos at them, the way his soft laughs ring whenever they seem to understand his words. Who am I to take away his source of happiness?

I wondered on how to refuse him if he were to bring his pets to live with us later. 

Daniel giggled after Peter put her paw on his hand and I sighed internally. I guess I just have to live with it. 

 

D-10

I was lazily skimming through channels on the television, having left alone at home since Seojoon was out for a dinner appointment, when my phone vibrated.

DanielK: Can I know how many days you're taking off after the wedding? 

My fingers hovered over the keyboard of my phone, not knowing what to reply even after reading the message multiple times. Truth to be told, I haven't given the matter any thought since I'm too occupied with everything else but that. But, considering my relation to the company's president, I think he'd be more than willing to give me as long as I want.  

Unfortunately, I'm not one to abuse whatever power I have. Plus, I don't need more reasons for Inguk to dislike me.

So, I typed back a: Not sure yet, why?

A reply came back almost instantly.

I wanna take you on a honeymoon, a 4 days 3 nights trip? :)

I almost squealed; and here I thought he would never mention it that I'd have to do it the next time we meet. 

Ohmygod, that sounds wonderful!! Where to?

DanielK: That's for me only to know for now ;)

Oh come on :( Daniel pleaaseeeeee 

I need to know so I can pack things

Plus, it's kinda unfair actually you picked a place without talking to me

Yup, that's me trying to guilt-trip him into telling me.

DanielK: You'll love it, trust me. I talked to Seojoon hyung already

"Is he marrying me or him? Why would he talk to him?" I muttered.

DanielK: He recommended the place for us, it'll be super nice there, I can promise you that

Knowing myself that Seojoon never disappoints when it comes to recommendations, I typed back a respond but a message came in before I could send it.

DanielK: Soeun? Are you mad? 

DanielK: Sorry, I want it to be a surprise for you. That's why I didn't tell you earlier. 

DanielK: Baby, I'm sorry okay?

My face flared up at the sudden pet name and my heart actually melted a little at the same time. I had to tell myself to take a deep breath before typing up a new reply.

Nooo, I'm not mad. Nothing to be sorry for, okay? But you gotta give me a hint at least hm?

Pretty pleaseeeee

It took him a full two minutes to respond back.

DanielK: It's a sunny place. That's all I'm telling you

 

I quickly pulled out a chat and typed in: Hyejin, free your after work hours tomorrow because we are going bikini shopping :)

 

D-5 

Time passed in a blink as I was kept busy with the wedding preparations, wanting every single detail on our special day to be just the way we want to. 

So busy that an important fact almost slipped my mind.

I don't have that many

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter