#02

Fingertip Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am incredibly touched :') I didn't expect to have this much subscribers, let alone people who would like to read it :') 

I feel so happy and burdened at the same time lol because I might not fulfill your expectations :( but I'll do my best!

Thank you so much everyone! 

And weekly update will be on sundays :D 

 

I don't remember when was the last time we had visitors. 

Was it a month ago? Or a year ago?

The time when visitors used to occasionally waltz in and out of the house seems vague. 

So when my brother knocked on my door this morning saying that our family's lawyer is coming over, I blindly retorted that he was not going to see us but our father. I realized a second later when Seojoon replied softly, "No, he wants to see us. You and me."

That is how I found myself sitting in the living room with my brother and Mr. Ong a few hours later, feeling slightly puzzled at what's it all about. 

"I would like to apologize beforehand but I've asked to meet both of you again because there's something I haven't told you," the older man starts from across us. 

I and Seojoon share a suspicious look; what would the nice, dedicated lawyer had hidden from us?

"Since tomorrow will be your father's second memorial," Mr. Ong sighs deeply before continuing. "It's about time for me to let you know about your father's final will. Mr. Park specifically asked me to inform you this two years after his death." 

"Okay, let's hear it," Seojoon utters calmly, clasping his hands together. I take a big gulp of water, hoping it will make the uneasiness in the pits of my stomach go away.

"Before that," the older man pauses, squinting his eyes at the paper he's holding. "Do the two of you know who Kang Dongguk is?"

I shake my head and Seojoon does the opposite. "The broadcast station owner, right? We saw his son at the restaurant on Friday, Soeun." 

"We did? Really?" I ask back, racking my brain for that specific memory. When my mind turns blank, I throw my hand in the air helplessly. "You know I'm bad at remembering people's face."

"He smiled at us, the light brown hair guy!"

"Am I supposed to remember everyone who smiled at me?" I turn back to our family's lawyer, "Let's just continue where we left off, Mr. Ong."

The said man pushed up the glasses on the rim of his nose and a second later, dropped the sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter