#04

Fingertip Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I stared at him dumbly for a few seconds before coming to my senses. "Oh, nice to meet you too. I'm Park Soeun." 

His eyes turn into slits as he laughs, "Yes, I know that." He then rubs his neck, "Um, are you perhaps free right now? Have you eaten yet?" 

I shake my head, suddenly feeling conscious of my appearance in front of this good looking man. "No, I was about to head out to eat actually."

"Let's have lunch together then," Daniel suddenly moves to the other side of the blue car and opens the passenger door with a wide smile, "Ladies first." 

I stood there, thinking whether I should accept his offer or not. He is, after all, a stranger whose intentions are unclear to me.  

Ended up giving in to his innocent face (I didn't want to disappoint him on our first meeting, I'm not that cruel), I stepped towards him and got inside the car, Daniel following soon after. 

"I prepared something for you," he stretched his hand towards the back seat and seconds later, he handed over a small bouquet of pink and white flowers to me. "It's a present."

My fingers caress the soft flower petals, feeling truly touched from his gift. I turn to face him, "Thank you, Daniel." 

Daniel smiles, "Do you like it?"

"It's really beautiful," I nod, trying to hide my smile. The last time I got flowers was from dad and that was years ago. It might just be some flowers but what this man did actually brighten up my day. 

The engine roared to life as he started the car and steered it towards the main road. "What do you want to eat?"

"I don't really have anything in mind, you choose." The fact I said that when in truth I'm craving for sushi was something else. 

"Then, there's this pizza place near here, it's really good," Daniel suggests. "You're okay with that?" 

I nodded meekly (eventhough it feels weird somehow to have pizza for lunch) and soon we arrived at the restaurant, situated about 10 minutes away from my office. There's not much customers, so the place is quite calm and cool. Daniel picked a table beside the window; I got a glimpse of him being bathed under the afternoon light as we received the menu from a waitress. 

I had to admit that was a good view.

"May I take your order?" 

I let Daniel order everything since he seems to be a regular here, only choosing a drink for myself. He handed the menu back to the waitress before she left and smiled at me again; I noticed that he smiles a lot and it made him look very cute in a way.

"Do you have anything you want to ask me?"

I blinked a few times at his sudden question, my lips turning into a thin line. "All of this are too sudden for me actually," I say. "Why..did you come to see me?" 

"Have a guess."

"Uh, someone asked you to do this?" 

He shakes his head, looking as if he already expected the question. "No one forced me, I'm the one who wanted to see you personally."

The word just rolled off my tongue, "Why?"

"Have you thought about it?" Daniel smoothly changes the topic. When I simply lifted my eyebrow, he repeated calmly. "The marriage. What do you think of it?" 

I take a deep breath before looking into his eyes. He stared back into mine confidently. "Frankly, I- I don't know yet. I just knew you a few days ago, and now you're suddenly my future husband?"

"I guess that's what they call fate?"

I chuckle, "That's quite a funny way to put it." What fate lies in when my dad planned this?

"I'd say it's fate if it's meant to be," he grins, leaving me speechless. 

We conversed comfortably on other things until the food arrived with Daniel doing most of the questioning and cracking jokes now and then. I was able to loosen up and didn't feel awkward at all because of his laid back nature. I also found out at his current age of 25 (I'm quite relieved to know that he's at least a year older than me), he's already holding the director's position in his father's company. 

He didn't seem surprised though when I told him we have a mutual close friend. "He told me about you a few times before." 

I finished my lunch all the while feeling a prick of annoyance towards my childhood friend. 

After we were done, I wanted to pay for my food, but as cliche as it might sound, he paid instantly once I asked for separate bills. Daniel said it's not nice to have a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter